[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What you guys think about the "Phantom Edit" of the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: Phantom_Edit.jpg (26KB, 334x485px) Image search: [Google]
Phantom_Edit.jpg
26KB, 334x485px
What you guys think about the "Phantom Edit" of the prequel? Is it worth watching?
>>
>>64477031
If you take 3 shits, collect them, break them apart, and squish them together, you still end up with a huge piece of shit.
>>
>>64477031
Not really, it's just a shorter version of the film. All the prequel edits I've seen, none have been able to "fix" the films, just make them shorter. They've just not got the sort of problems that a good edit can solve.
>>
File: niggerjar.jpg (92KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
niggerjar.jpg
92KB, 400x400px
>>64477031
Still has jar jar.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9LEhOZZbuk

Here it is to whoever want to try it.
>>
>>64477031
You cannot reshot entire scenes. You cannot fix all the plotholes.

Even Return of the Jedi is impossible to fix. How else can you remove or rework the Ewoks, or make Han's rescue plan make sense?
>>
>>64477525
No pod racer?
>>
if it has jar jar at all i dont give a fuck its still garbage
>>
>>64477695
This. The truth is, Star Wars is a great universe, but poorly written and directed. The fight scenes for example, are SO fucking bad.
>>
As said before, a turd is still a turd, even if polished.
>>
>>64477730
These scences were atrocious.
>>
>>64477812
No. Only all movies, starting with Return of the Jedi, are poorly written.

There's many reasons why the first two movies are regarded as the best ones. Having a story with only very minor yet irrelevant headscratching elements is one of them.
>>
>>64478936
Why? The CGI aged horribly, but they were quite exciting. But if you're talking about the significance of the scene, then I can agree with you.
>>
>>64477031
It renders the story incomprehensible to people watching the prequels for the first time.
>>
>>64479231
Its just silly, as the whole fucking movie.
>>
>>64478936
>>64480418
haha plinkett told me that too :)
>>
>>64480418
So? Not everything has to be serious.

In fact, it's smart to have a silly space adventure start the saga, because you get a real sense of things going dark later on. If you don't have that, Anakin's fall isn't a big deal or even much different if things just start grim and dark.
>>
>>64477031
The Phantom Edit really isn't worth watching. It boils down to two major flaws: they cut out important stuff, while at the same time keeping in a lot of bad stuff.

First, they cut too much important stuff, to the point where this films relies on you having seen the prequels. It doesn't work at all as a standalone film. Biggest example of this is Dooku: he's still in the film, and he's still one of the big bad guys, but they cut the heroes confronting him and defeating him. It does a "years later" thing and then someone (I think Palpatine) mentions him being dead, and all that's left is Grievous (who we never meet).

Then, it keeps in a lot of dumb shit. Jar Jar still appears and has lines even though they could easily have cut him. The bounty hunter chase scene is virtually uncut, and still includes "this weapon is your life," "wanna buy some deathsticks," the crazy cartoon falling, and more.

I like that they start with the Maul fight, but they start at the wrong point. It should start with them invading the palace, and Maul confronts them and pulls out his lightsaber and lights it up, then reveals it's a double lightsaber.

The romance in this one is even more poorly done. It pulls a lot of the setup, and then includes them kissing way too early on. They should have cut that first kiss, and had their first kiss be the arena one.

Ultimately, it's a cool idea with good intentions, but it's really poorly executed and fails to be a worthwhile edit. It kind of makes me want to edit these films, because I know I could make a better Phantom Edit.
>>
>>64477031
>DELLOW FELEGATES still in Phantom Edit
Fucking trash.
>>
>>64482150
That was the best line in the entire franchise, including EU.
>>
>droid factory video game sequence still in there
Jesus, why?
>>
>>64480418
>Its just silly

>everything in Star Wars has to be 100% serious
You're worse than the morons who think Batman has to always be grimdark and realistic.
>>
Anti-Cheese edits are better.
>>
File: lWPdJ.png (90KB, 318x235px) Image search: [Google]
lWPdJ.png
90KB, 318x235px
>>64482349
>>
>we see a space battle
>then cut to a shot of a peaceful city
>kenobi talks about how anakin defeated dooku, saved both him and palpatine
>we don't see it
Oh, but they made room for DELLOW FELEGATES. Fuck this edit.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.