[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's up with the dark side of the force? Apparently Mace

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: mace windu.jpg (21KB, 336x599px) Image search: [Google]
mace windu.jpg
21KB, 336x599px
What's up with the dark side of the force? Apparently Mace Windu is borderline light/dark because he was able to use force grip and force crush.

So the light side is basically shit powers (telekenisis, healing, force yell, and ghost?) and the dark side is embracing powerful techniques that corrupt the person? Would that mean the force in general is a evil?
>>
>>64462283
Considering that both the Jedi and the Sith were hated and feared by the common galactic resident, probably, yeah

We only see the Jedi as good because they ultimately want peace, but they're still willing to use underhanded means to get their way.
>>
I don't think the force is actually supposed to work like a videogame in-universe

You don't get certain "powers" depending on your light side/dark side meter value
>>
all powers are available to light and dark jedis, it just depends on how they are used
>>
if you could fuck a gunga would you?
>>
bump this thread for interest
>>
>>64462393
This.
There are dark side and light side powers, some are overly cruel and require tons of dark side, others like force lightning are useful in combat, there is no other explanation why Dooku knew it and could combine it with telekinesis, dude was a Jedi master, he's not going to be getting trained much by sheev
>>
>>64462393
>>64462425

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Dark_side_powers

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Light_side_powers

Is Wookiepedia reliable?
>>
>>64462532
>le this meme
Fuck off.
>>
you need to "use" emotions when doing force powers. dark side just leads you to anger, hate, etc.
>>
>>64462283
SW is not realistic in a sense that the difference between force-sensitives and everyone else is much bigger than the difference between the Jedi and the Sith. The most likely thing to happen in the situation that the SW universe presents us with is that force users would form an elite class that would rule everyone else.
>>
i have something to tell you guys

lucas pulled shit out of his ass

don't overthink it
>>
>>64462283
HOL UP
>>
All force users have the exact ONE same power: manipulating force

The rest is just figuring out how to do it

There's the most basic shit like pushing, pulling lifting etc

Then there's a bit more imaginative stuff like crushing (applying force from multiple directions simultaneously) and choking (same as crushing except more targeted)

They're not fucking different "powers", just different ways of using the force
>>
>>64462589
Why does reddit always insist on pointing this out? Everyone knows that. Telling people to turn if their brains doesn't help your point.
>>
File: sith lard.png (611KB, 512x723px) Image search: [Google]
sith lard.png
611KB, 512x723px
>>64462589

I don't believe it for one second
>>
>>64462551
it's annoying but people have been saying it for years dude it's hardly a meme
>>
>>64462643
if everyone knows that, why do star wars nerds still insist on creating a logical system to explain "the force"?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.