[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your favorite lesser known episode that other

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 13

File: twilight-zone-movie.jpg (20KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
twilight-zone-movie.jpg
20KB, 400x300px
What's your favorite lesser known episode that other people should watch?
>>
my favorite will always be the first one
>>
Is the magic typewriter episode less known? The one with the elephant.
>>
Will the Real Martian Please Stand Up? is my favorite episode of all-time and most people have never seen it.

A few other lesser knowns:

>Nervous Man in a Four Dollar Room
>The Howling Man
>The Silence
>The Midnight Sun
>The Last Rites of Jeff Myrtlebank
>Number 12 Looks Just Like You
>>
>>50346635
same here love that ep
>>
season 4 on netflix
>>
>>50346403
Deathshead Revisited.
>>
Odyssey of Flight 33.

One of my favorite episodes of all time
>>
An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge. I guess it's not included in syndication airings.
>>
>>50346403
love
>>
>>50346403
The Changing of the Guard.

It's a bit of a ripoff of "It's a Wonderful Life", but it still gets me right in the feels.
>>
>>50346403

There's so many good episodes that I can't really choose one of the top of my head. The one where the old lady starts receiving weird phone calls is pretty underrated
>>
Nothing in the Dark.

The one with young Robert Redford as a dying cop and this old lady who's to afraid to help him because she's afraid of death.
>>
>>50350087

I caught that on tv the other night. The feels flowed like a mountain stream.
>>
whats the one with Robert Duvall going all waifu on that doll house?
>>
>>50349842
Ducking this
>>
>>50350304
Miniature.
>>
S3 e14
5characters in search of an exit

Complete mind fuck.
>>
pretty much the only episodes that are well known are the shatner gremlin one and to serve man

I really like The Invaders where the old woman battles little spacemen.
>>
That episode where that old lady won't answer her door for SHIT

All because she thinks its death himself knocking coming to claim her.

Don't matter of its a kid or soldier during the war.
>>
They're all pretty great, but my favorite has to go to the Midnight Sun. It just felt real. I'm not sure how to put it into words, but the hopeless desperation of everyone involved, it was just great. Another favorite of mine is Shadow Play.
>>
File: 1410730707387.jpg (278KB, 720x959px) Image search: [Google]
1410730707387.jpg
278KB, 720x959px
>>50350050

Word.
>>
>>50350050
that's the shit
>>
>>50346403
Not sure if it's lesser known, but Walking Distance is my favorite
>>
Mirror Image

Don't ask, just watch it
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 283x270px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 283x270px
>>50351005
What's it about?
>>
>>50346403
Twilight Zone has the best episode titles. They compel you to see the episode. Toss up with Babylon 5 tho.
>>
Try to watch the evil doll one with a kid.
>>
>>50351056

It's on Youtube

You can thank me later
>>
File: autowhitmore2.jpg (63KB, 600x475px) Image search: [Google]
autowhitmore2.jpg
63KB, 600x475px
On Thursday We Leave For Home
>>
One More Pallbearer is easily the most under-rated episode of The Twilight Zone in existence.
>>
File: image.jpg (148KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
148KB, 960x720px
>>50351091
Not until you tell me what it's about.
>>
>>50351056
>>50351204

Y r u so smug? :/
>>
>>50351867
hes trying to impress us
>>
>>50346403
Changing of the Gaurd
The department manequine one
Invaders

honestly I think back to the 60s and think how did people not lose their fucking shit watching that show. It was like 40 years ahead of its time I imagine it ruined a lot of peoples days and the childhoods of millions of kids.
>>
The Chaser
Its the /r9k/ episode
>>
>>50350380
that was one of the few eps where I called the twist a mile away... granted by that time I had seen many dozens of twilight zone eps before it
>>
I know just what you need!
>>
>>50352089
imbyling Walking Distance isnt the /r9k/ episode
>>
>>50346403
every episode of this show is good

this is a fact
>>
>>50352125
this
>>
File: you're a liar.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
you're a liar.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>50352101
>>
The Midnight Sun had the best waifu

To Serve Man is top tier
>>
>>50352213
The Hitchiker grill was a qt too
>>
File: fever.jpg (7KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
fever.jpg
7KB, 300x225px
FRAANNKLIIN...
>>
>>50350360
The amazing story of the forbidden love between man and waifu.
>>
>>50352157
seriosly. I just asked myself where else would you see that wide spread of occupations and I thought to myself A CHILDS TOY CHEST
>>
The Obsolete Man
>>
>>50350701
I love that episode and The Fugitive. They share a similar terrain regarding accepting death without fear and understanding when it is a person's time to go. In modern American life we hardly address old age and dying with dignity. It's kind of comforting that Rod Serling wasn't afraid to take on these issues and even provide a sense of comfort about that frightening eventuality.
>>
>>50351204
It's about this chick waiting at a bus stop. While waiting she thinks she sees her doppelganger in a bathroom mirror. The episode then goes through the typical motions of a Twilight Zone episode, where she tries to convince this guy who is also in the bus station and he treats her with skepticism. And of course, there's the requisite twist ending which vindicates her. Plus some awesome, cheesy and dated special effects.

Check it out.
>>
>>50352310
That one is perfection. The statesman guy, was probably my favorite TZ antagonist, that actor was awesome.
>>
The Twilight Zone is 50 years old, they're all lesser known.

In fact, the episodes that are known are mostly known because they got ripped off by other shows and cartoons.

Among others already mentioned in this thread, I like Eye of the Beholder, A Stop at Willoughby, An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge, and The Old Man in the Cave
>>
File: Masks.jpg (24KB, 452x341px) Image search: [Google]
Masks.jpg
24KB, 452x341px
>>
File: automiles6.jpg (52KB, 461x374px) Image search: [Google]
automiles6.jpg
52KB, 461x374px
>>50346403
S01E21 Mirror image with Vera Miles.
>>
>>50352865
there was no real climax tho. it felt forced
>>
What's the one with the man and he has androids for his house staff and turns out so is his daughter?

That's a neat one.
>>
>>50352987
I Sing The Body Electric?
>>
>>50352888
Well it's one show where there is sometimes no need for climax...the idea itself is disturbing enough. Also it takes on a new level when the guy that tries helping her has the same problem and he is running after his other self.
>>
>>50352285
brb jumping out window.
>>
When the Sky was Opened
Such a creepy episode
>>
File: In Praise Of Pip.jpg (80KB, 575x400px) Image search: [Google]
In Praise Of Pip.jpg
80KB, 575x400px
Make way for the ultimate in Twilight Zone feels.
>>
>>50352987
The Lateness of the Hour. Good episode.

>>50353014

No, this is the one where the kids go to the factory to pick out a robot Grandmother. Similar but different.

Funny story about this episode: It was one of the few episodes not written by Serling. It was penned by Sci-Fi author Ray Bradbury (of Fahrenheit 451 & the Martian Chronicles fame).
>>
Just curious, how do fellow TZ fans feel about Black Mirror?

Personally, I think it's fucking incredible.
>>
The one with the alien on the bus is good. So is the one with the guy and his books
>>
>>50353587
I love it!
>>
>>50353587
I thought there was one great ep, and one good ep out of the six. The rest were forgettable to terrible.
>>
>>50351122
>>50352663
Good taste
>>
>>50353658
Which episodes?

I thought one of them was the best satire I've ever seen on television (old school satire with some bite to it) and two were very compelling narratives. But I enjoyed all of them on some level and I especially enjoy that the show poses dilemmas in subtle ways in order to make the viewer think. Even the Waldo episode.
>>
>>50353707
The great one was The Entire History of You. Toby Kebbell being one of my all time favorite actors probably helped too but the story was tight and the ending was really good.

The entire show was kinda overhyped for me though because I'd heard about it in another Twilight Zone thread actually and when I did check it out I DL'ed all six and started watching them in order. Right away that first episode kinda put me off. Then I watched the second and even though it was better it still kinda just barely held my interest throughout. Like most of the eps it just had such slow pacing. I ended up taking two weeks to "work" through the whole series, and ended up mostly forgetting the ones that weren't about the memory implants, and the clone guy.
>>
>>50353325
Which one was this? It looks familiar, but I can't place it.

As for me, "Big Tall Wish" hit me pretty hard. I saw it once and can't bear to watch it again just because of all those feels.
>>
>>50354007
Interesting. I really admire the second episode, Fifteen Million Merits. I think it perfectly nailed our culture of harassment and rewarding people for debasing themselves, and the way that we lap it up. The ending monologue is brilliant and, to my mind, sums up the way we've responded to emptiness and hopelessness by trying to fill ourselves with entertainment no matter what the cost. It's a bit preachy, but I think it earns that right by telling an interesting story.

To each their own. I also think the other two you mentioned are very solid narratives. Tight stories, as you called them.
>>
>>50346403
The one where there is world war between two factions. One of the male factions wakes from a coma and is wondering the wasteland when he gets shot at by a female from the other faction. They end up having to team up to survive while trying not to kill each other. It'd make an awesome film.
>>
Hitchhiker one will always be my favourite, the twist is glorious.

I also like the mannequin episode, and the one where the guy gets put in an alien zoo
>>
>>50352663
LOVE the twist.
>>
>>50346403
I like to assume Steiger would smoke a gigantic joint and write whatever popped into his head. It's the only explanation for being so ahead of his time.
>>
It's not my favourite episode, but there's one bit in an early one where some guy is in his office, having a rough day, and then the camera pans back to reveal it's a set. Its real clever for a show that old.
>>
>>50354333
That one is called People Are Alike All Over
>>
>>50353260
Is that the one where they all disappear for no reason? imagine watching that back then, when we hadn't been to space at it was possible something like that could happen. I suppose it's still possible, there's no way of knowing.
>>
>>50354333
That's "Two"
>>
I can't remember the name, but that one where the guy is an alcoholic and then becomes like santa claus or whatever gave me a fuckton of feels

mostly because I can relate a little too much
>>
>>50351122

This was the best of the hour long episodes (bad idea in the first place).

>>50353325
I literally cry everytime. One of the best performances of the entire series too.

> Who's you're best buddy, Pip.
> You are Pop.
>>
Toss up between the one with the worn out suicidal trumpeter and the one with the guy who gets a piano that reveals a person true self
>>
A Most Unusual Camera
>>
>>50354531
That's 'The Night of the Meek'
>>
>>50354225
I just watched big tall wish and goddamn did it hurt. Great episode.
>>
>>50354788
First time I saw it I was really surprised to see black people in a dramatic role like that.
>>
>>50354900
Considering the time it was made, I mean.
>>
a stop at wiloughby is GOAT
>>
File: 030212_COLMES_BLACK_640.jpg (19KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
030212_COLMES_BLACK_640.jpg
19KB, 640x360px
What's the one with the random people trapped in a white cell with no clue about anything?
>>
>>50350998
Same here.
Walking Distance makes me cry.

I actually prefer the more sentimental episodes.
>>
>>50355035
Five Characters in Search of an Exit
>>
>>50352663
You think they sell those masks?
>>
File: willie.jpg (3KB, 233x177px) Image search: [Google]
willie.jpg
3KB, 233x177px
I also love Will the Real Martian Please Stand Up? And The Dummy.
>>
This is the best time of year for Twilight zone. Dem ice cold nights
>>
>>50353325
Is that the kid from It's A Good Life? I saw him in an episode of Alfred Hitchcock presents on Halloween.

Also >>50352663 is easily a favorite.
Thread posts: 95
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.