[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we "fix" Game of thrones?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7

File: 1399295296962.jpg (134KB, 739x767px) Image search: [Google]
1399295296962.jpg
134KB, 739x767px
How do we "fix" Game of thrones?
>>
you can't, it's too far gone

for most people now the TV show IS Game of Thrones
>>
Having not kept up with GoT for awhile, but read all the books so far...whats the problem?
>>
Showing Bran shirtless in seductive poses.
>>
>>45194733

with dubs
>>
"Only Cat"

They could've for example, use that line like it was meant to in the books. It's not like people didn't know who Cat was.

Unless you're one of the idiots who thought he meant Ser Pounce.
>>
You ban it from /tv/
>>
New straight gentile writers
>>
>>45194784
>for most people now the TV show IS A Song of Ice and Fire

FTFY, showfag
>>
File: 1401689213166.jpg (394KB, 995x1244px) Image search: [Google]
1401689213166.jpg
394KB, 995x1244px
You cant when the source material is complete fucking trash
>>
>>45194856

Showfags are too stupid to remember that Cat and Lysa are sisters
>>
>>45194895

Didn't Quentyn go to jail because he wanted to pull a Columbine over being bullied for being an autist?
>>
>>45194784
As someone who read the first four books well before the show started, that's not a bad thing.

The books lose their charm rather quickly, and just start getting annoying as time goes on. The show does a much better job.
>>
put in more romance subplots with eunuchs and representation of progressive characters.

In short, give varys a delicious young boy to seduce and fuck. Guaranteed ratings, D&D.
>>
File: 1383940557568.png (84KB, 255x235px) Image search: [Google]
1383940557568.png
84KB, 255x235px
>>45194929
No
He just got "banned" from the internet for a while
>>
stop killing off the good actors
>>
>>45194784

>tfw was a fan of the books long before the show
>tfw the horrible show has almost made me hate everything about the franchise

I liked the first season alright, but everything else has been awful. The books are still good when I read them, but Jesus Christ this fandom is wearing me down...
>>
>>45194929
If you mean that people on /v/ called his school and said he was planning one just so they could get rid of him, than yes.
>>
can't fix it anymore
>>
>>45195017
>by his parents
>because he couldn't keep his day to day life and his internet personality separate
>even his own grandfather is uncomfortable around him
>he was actually stupid enough to get caught with reefer, which is the main reason behind his straight edge faggery daggery doo
>is a manlet
>>
Bring back the original cast and put the girls on a diet
>>
BOOKFAGS MAD AS FUCK THAT THE SHOW IS SUPERIOR TO THEIR SHITTY BOOKS

THE RED WEDDING WAS BETTER IN THE SHOW. BLACKWATER WAS BETTER. EVERY MAJOR EVENT IN THE BOOKS HAS BEEN DONE TO PERFECTION IN THE SHOW. ITS BEEN A MASSIVE SUCCESS.

EVERY MAJOR SCENE HAS SUCCEEDED IN GETTING THE SAME REACTIONS OUT OF SHOWFAGS AS IT DID WITH BOOKFAGS. ONLY NOW REACHING A MUCH WIDER, MORE DIVERSE AUDIENCE THAN AUTISTIC SPERGLORD BOOKFAGGOTS.

EAT SHIT BOOKFAGS.
>>
>>45194733
it's finished
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCcO_Y52d5g
>>
>>45194733
WHO PAID YOU TO GRAB SANSA
I only love ONE OF YOU
BANE
SHE DIDN'T FLY SO GOOD
>>
>>45194895

>people still posting this nonsense

You're comparing a classic of literature that reflects on the emptiness of the gilded age to genre fiction intended to tell you what's happening as quick and dirty as possible and to get on with the business of the story which, in ASOIAF, is sort of unprecedented in the history of genre fiction.

The tone is different, the context is different, the objective is different, the times in which each text was written are very different, and the comparison doesn't work on any level. I could post the passages of David Foster Wallace's magisterial Infinite Jest that are written in vernacular to 'prove' it was 'bad' writing. You have no fucking clue what you're talking about.

Martin is not a genius and no one is saying he is. He is a very good writer of genre fiction, like Harlan Ellison or Jim Butcher or Frank Herbert.

And I very much doubt you've read the books.
>>
Hurry up and get to Victarion "The Autist" Greyjoy and Euron "Not Daario" Greyjoy
>>
>>45195284

>
The tone is different, the context is different, the objective is different, the times in which each text was written are very different, and the comparison doesn't work on any level. I could post the passages of David Foster Wallace's magisterial Infinite Jest that are written in vernacular to 'prove' it was 'bad' writing. You have no fucking clue what you're talking about.

>it's bad because it's supposed to be bad

Great argument.
>>
>>45195234
not even trying
>>
File: 1401398243155.png (66KB, 576x576px) Image search: [Google]
1401398243155.png
66KB, 576x576px
>>45195284
>newfriends still eating it up

oh, reddit-kun, pls stop
>>
>>45194733
Kill George
>>
>>45195284
Stick to videogames kid
>>
>>45194929
He's obsessed with FFXIV, so he's in that general all day and night
>>
>>45195355

It's not 'bad'. It's telling you why Daenerys is at a low point; she's alone, far from civilization, with a foreign people who haven't truly accepted her and have mostly abandoned her, and she's suffering a brutal, debilitating, embarrassing physical sickness. It gets this across quickly and harshly so that it can move on to the ten-thousand other things the plot needs to do.
>>
>>45195407
>>45195355
well he posted a well written and thought out post, you posted a meem picture and one sentence argument that doesn't mean anything, I say you're the brainless morons here

just because you saved a meme picture it doesn't make you smarter or more informed than anyone
>>
>>45194733
More big guys.
>>
>>45195463

Why do you think this pleb trash deserves anything more?
>>
>>45195506
Maybe for you but I don't think that will work.
>>
season of roberts rebellion

gives background story so people understand things, like how tywin is incriminated by mountains confession

and gives grrm time to write
>>
File: 1396081110423.jpg (60KB, 500x496px) Image search: [Google]
1396081110423.jpg
60KB, 500x496px
>>45195355
>I could post the passages of David Foster Wallace's magisterial Infinite Jest that are written in vernacular to 'prove' it was 'bad' writing.
>namedropping pseudo-intellectual tripe
>implying you aren't incredibly insecure about the literature you digest, so you're here seeking validation via shitposting in a thread where you know you're going to be meant with more disagreement than not

WOOOAAAHHHHHH
>>
>>45195603

I was thinking they should stop the show as it is, which is fucking awful, and go back to the time of the rebellion, but you'd have to find actors to play young Robert and Ned, which means no Sean Bean and Mark Addy, which is what I wanted in the first place.
>>
>>45195626

>Infinite Jest
>by one of the most universally-praised authors of the last century
>pseudo-intellectual tripe

Are you fucking serious with this shit? If you don't know what you're talking about, you should probably keep quiet.
>>
>>45195506
>>45195570

There he is. There he goes again
Look everyone he posted it once again. Isn't he just the funniest guy around. Oh my god.
I can almost see your pathetic overweight frame glowing in the dark lit by your computer screen which is the only source of light in your room giggling like a little girl as you once again type your little bane thread up and fill in the captcha. Or maybe you don’t even fill in the captcha, maybe you’re such a disgusting NEET that you actually paid for a 4chan pass so you just choose the picture. Oh we all know the picture, the uh epic CIA agent guy isn’t it? I imagine you, little shit, laughing so hard as you click it that you drop your Doritos onto the floor. But its ok, your mother will clean it up in the morning. Oh that’s right, did I fail to mention? You live with your mother! You’re a fat fucking fuck up and she’s probably so sick of you already. So sick of having to do everything for you all god damn day, every day, for a grown man who spends all his time on 4chan posting about a capeshit movie. Just imagine this, she had you and then she thought you were going to be a scientist or an astronaut or something grand and then you became a NEET. A pathetic Bane fag NEET. She probably cries herself to sleep everyday thinking about how bad it is and how she wishes she could just disappear. She can’t even talk try to you because all you say is “FOR YOU. FOR YOU. FOR YOU”.
You became a parody of your own self. And that’s all you are. A sad little man laughing in the dark by himself as he prepares to indulge in the same old dance that he’s done a million times now.
And that’s all you’ll ever be.
>>
>>45195731
And Call of Duty is one of the most universally praised franchises in video game history. That doesn't make it good.
>>
>>45195784
If I stop the baneposting, will this copypasta die?
>>
>>45194895
What slanderous attacks hast thou thrown against my good name, thou contemptible wench? Whereas I have risen even unto the foremost rank in the Royal Admiralty; whereas I have on many an occasion partaken in clandestine crusades against the Saracens; whereas by mine hands have fallen barbarians numbering some fifteen score; whereas I am most skilled in the ways of the ape warrior; whereas I am the premier marksman amongst all of our Kingdom's knights: Thou art in my sights but yet another quarry. The Lord be my witness, I shall smite thee as no-one under the sun hath heretofore been smitten. Dost thou deign to fancy thyself secure to cast thy spittle upon my face from behind the Spider's Veil? Then thou hast wandered into grievous error. Yea, even at this very moment, I am sending word across the land to my fellow Templars, and the provenance of thy scrivenings shall in short time become known unto me. A veritable maelstrom of vengeance is upon thy gates, thou wretched worm, which surely shall obliterate thy loathsome pretension of life. Truly, thou art foregone, child. I move as swift as the wind, and with mine own two hands I may at my pleasure slay thee in any of thirty and five score modes. For verily as I am a master in the pugilistic arts, even so doth the manifold armory of the Royal Guard lie at my beck and call, which in its plenitude of power I shall not delay to unleash upon thee, that thy fœtid flesh may no longer pollute this land with its presence, thou pitiful putrescence. Would that thou couldst have foreseen what great wrath thou hast by thy "brazen" jocosity summoned upon thyself! Perhaps thou wouldst have rather kept shut thy filth-spewing mouth. But neither couldst thou thus foresee, nor didst thou take heed of prudence, and thou art now reaping what thou hast sown, thou accursèd simpleton. I will excrete rage all round about thee, wherein shalt thou be consumed. Thou hast shuffled off this mortal coil, urchin.
>>
>>45195828
'good' isn't the opposite of 'pseudo-intellectual tripe'. please pay attention to your own points
>>
>>45195836
maybe?
>>
>>45195784
GET THIS HOTHEAD OUTA HERE
>>
>>45195881
>implying I'm the same guy

He can argue whatever points he wants about the author or his work, but defending it with "BUT MUH UNIVERSAL POPULARITY" is a logical fallacy.

Personally, I know neither the author or his work, but I never squander an opportunity to point out that just because something is popular or loved doesn't make it meritorious or worthwhile in any way.
>>
File: 1401523201894.jpg (925KB, 1000x3132px) Image search: [Google]
1401523201894.jpg
925KB, 1000x3132px
>>
File: 1394419136247.gif (2MB, 1920x1070px)
1394419136247.gif
2MB, 1920x1070px
>>45195731
>>45195881
That guy isn't me, btw.

>If you don't know what you're talking about, you should probably keep quiet.

If you say so, you're the one who threatened another poster with quoting passages from a book you personally hold in high esteem.
>>
>>45195976
then pay attention to the points already made

>MUH

oh sorry i didn't mean to engage you. i didn't know
>>
I just watched the new episode and holy shit.

WHAT WILL TYRION DO??
That's what happens when you get cocky like a faggot I guess
>>
>>45195828

Are you really serious? Do you even know who David Foster Wallace is? Have you read any of his books? Are you aware he was awarded the McCarthy genius grant and gave a famous commencement speech at Kenyon College called 'This is Water' in which he derided pseudo-intellectual disdain for common people?

Do you even think you know what you're talking about?
>>
>>45196015
no actually i'm not the infinite jest guy

>>45195881 is my first response in this thread
>>
>>45196008
what gets me about this image macro is that music isn't divided up by patrician level but lit is, Kayne West and Beethoven are at the same level.
>>
>>45195976
CoD isn't universally praised. And Infinite Jest isn't "popular".
>>
>>45196036
calm down, evan
>>
>>45196015

I personally hold it in high esteem because it's widely-regarded as a contemporary classic.

I could also post lines written in Scottish vernacular by Robert Burns to prove he was a 'bad' writer.

I meant that DFW won the MacArthur genius grant, btw.
>>
>>45196111

>doesn't understand 'popular' vs. 'critically well-regarded'

Truly an impassioned defense of his criticisms of GRRM.
>>
>>45194895

Fucking Scott pisses me of with his prose, it so damn impressive I can't help but get mad at him.
>>
>>45195284

>try engage in mature discussion on /tv/ in a FUCKING /got/ thread

I agree with you buy your arguments are wasted here, ignore and move on pal.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.