[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Airline thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 8

File: Eithad.jpg (81KB, 634x576px) Image search: [Google]
Eithad.jpg
81KB, 634x576px
I love flying, the taking off and landing is the best part and I was wondering about your experiences flying.

What's your favourite airline to travel on?
Do you have a preferred airline you stick with or do you have no loyalty at all?
Share your airline experiences

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXlmF3eI9R0
>>
>>976654
Have you seen the price for the eithad residence class, it costs 21,000 USD for a flight from Dubai to London, you get your own butler and a separate bathroom, living room and bedroom.
>>
Generally I fly British Airways cause I work for them therefore get discount. I agree that landing and taking off are the best part by far, although i always love the mid-flight turbulence.
>>
I hate to fly. I was evacuated during a hurricane and the plane was hit by lightning, causing it to free fall for a few seconds. Didn't get on a plane for at least 10 years after that, and basically I only fly to Hawaii, I'll drive everywhere else.
>>
>>976681
Is't it strange the most riskiest parts of the flight are the most enjoyable.
>>
>>976685
that must have been terrible, but don't let it spoil your travel. Although I'd love to road trip around the US.
>>
>>976654

Tbh I hate flying, I hate being crammed in, I hate breathing other people's farts, I hate the food, I hate the altitude, I hate the children, I hate the fact that business and first class are way to expensive for me, I hate the waiting around, I hate the fact that you have no control. Literally the only reason I fly is because it's faster than any other mode of travel.
>>
>>976688

>Tbh I hate flying,
I still find it exciting and glamorous

>I hate being crammed in,
yes

>I hate the food,
Some plane food I've had is good

>I hate breathing other people's farts,
yes stale air is bad

>I hate the altitude,
I find it fun

>I hate the children
yes

>I hate the waiting around, I hate the fact that you have no control.
once in the air, I really enjoy this part their is nothing you can do to hasten the travel so I find I just relax
>>
>>976687

probably the scariest moment of my life was hearing the plane go silent and the lights going out. When I'm on a plane now I have to listen to something loud the whole time because the plane noises give me panic attacks.

Last time I flew some drunk hooker gave an old man a handjob next to me. I don't really have good luck with flights.
>>
The act of flying is always exciting for me cause I know I'm going somewhere far away. I however have a hard time with the airplane air. It's really dry and fucks with my nose to the point where I need a few days to recover afterwards.
>>
>>976966
Holy fuck that sounds awful.
Was it a packed flight?
I'd ask to change seats if there are any available.
>>
>>976972
Totally full. The real kicker here is I had moved my seat before the flight to that one, I saw the seat I was supposed to be in and it was between two amazingly fat women. A tiny Japanese girl was squeezed between them and even she looked uncomfortable.

I really can pick em'
>>
The only thing I don't like about flying is the pressure because I have very sensitive ears. Most airports don't sell gum so I always have to remember to buy in advance.
>>
>>976966
You don't get that sort of riff raff in bidness class
>>
Don't fly budget shit like AirAsia. All crashing jokes aside, the extra $100 for something non-budget is worth it.

>AirAsia X Kuala Lumpur- Sydney
>plane AC cranked all the way up
>chilly as fuck
>charge for blankets
>have to wear wife's jumper for the entire flight to not freeze
>>
>>976972
Well why flight attendant did not did something?
>>
>>977052
>Most airports don't sell gum

Where in the world do you fly that you can't buy gum at the airport?
>>
>>976654
I am fairly egalitarian when it comes to carriers--as someone who mostly flies coach, although Asian airlines have a much higher standard of customer service than European airlines, most of which have a higher standard than US carriers, nobody's THAT good, and nobody's going to kill you.
>>
>>976688
This. The only good part of flying is looking out the window. But i always take an aisle seat so i dont have to bother people when i go piss
>>
File: 1422245249716.png (4KB, 207x208px) Image search: [Google]
1422245249716.png
4KB, 207x208px
>>976695

Pussy. Whenever we're taking off I blast When The Levee Breaks by Zeppelin.

>tfw United 767 pilots treat the plane like a fighter jet pulling low and high-G maneuvers while gaining altitude
>>
Some airline experiences

Flight from London to Vilnius, Lithuania

>get on plane with no allocated seating
>sit down next to some chav blasting slav gopnik music
>realise seat next to me says "Reserved"
>everyone gets on and no one is in the seat
>finally some 9/10 Slav woman with a new born baby comes and sits there
>"Oh for fuck sake"
>baby is actually really quiet
>in flight she says "Can you hold my baby"
>she goes for shit or like an hour and the people in front start turning around and saying how cute the baby is and think I am the father
>autismal paranoia of dropping the baby on the floor in turbulence
>>
>>977174

Flight from London to Moscow

>let woman out for a piss and as she sat back down I sat down too fast and headbutted her in the face

Flight from Newcastle to London Gatwick

>storms of Winter 2013
>shitty Flybe turboprop propeller plane
>captain warns everyone to sit down including cabin crew
>huge fucking turbulence, shaking everywhere
>I shit myself and hold the table
>80 year old granny sitting next to me stares at me laughing manically
>too old to give a fuck about dying
>>
I usually try to fly klm or emeriates, mum flies for work so she has more miles than she knows what to do with, she let's me use them.

Best flight story was my first time flying, just a short flight from Edinburgh to Stornoway.
>mini me on first flight
>some tiny turboprop
>attention ladies and gentlemen this is your captain, we're expecting some turbulence
>granny, what's turbulence
>just as I say that the plane Heya hit by the biggest bump I've ever felt
>rise like a foot out my seat
>shit bricks
>granny just laughs
>>
In my humble opinion based on what I've flown:

Korean Air > ANA> Iceland Air> Delta> Alaska > Hawaiian> TWA> Southwest> Horizon> United> American> Frontier> Allegiant> Spirit

With Spirit being an absolute shit tier budget airline that I've been forced to fly far too often, and Korean and ANA being the most cordial and friendly flights I've ever taken. If money wasn't a problem I'd only fly direct flights with the top half of this list... Also I only included TWA because I loved it as a kid.
>>
>>977126
Yeah seriously I've been to the most remote airports where they only fly a couple small planes a day and they still sold gum.
>>
I've got many a story about flying.
>Be 15 and first time traveling solo doing an international flight from NZ to Europe and back.
>First leg return from Paris to bangkok was a nightmare as havent slept for at least 16 hours because of partying before I flew, fear about crashing or missing my connect flight and sitting next screaming french children.
>On the flight I am listening in onto a conversation between a girl and a monk from america talking how he is married to a goat in Bangkok who is the reincarnated spirit of his wife. Kicker was that the wife is still alive but that that the energy of the wife was still in the goat for some reason.
>Same flight, a gigantic argument between a hasidic jew who refused to sit next to a woman.
>Said jew gets up in the middle of the flight and starts shouting and screaming in hebrew (turns out he was praying) while wearing to what looked to me at the time like BDSM gear. All the passengers shocked at this because this was just after sept 11 and everyone thought we were going to get hijacked.
>Said Jew also makes a fuss to the stewardess about the toilet and that he needed to go to a male only toilet because of his religion. Ends up shitting in the hand basin because of this and smelling up the plane.
>Because the toilet was out of commision some mainland chinaman put out newspaper in the middle of the isle and let his son do a gigantic poop in the middle of the corridor.
>Gigantic flight between a thai and chinaman because of this.
>Wasn't allowed to drown my sorrows in complimentary whiskey because i was underage.
>>
>>977269

fuck spirit is the worst.

i hope all the executives at that company and the shareholders are forced to fly around the world continuously on one of those horrible planes.

and every time the plane lands they will all have to deboard and then the person taking their tickets finds an excuse to charge them a huge fee and kick them in the nuts.
>>
>>976656
21,000 for an 8 hour flight. Unbelievable that anyone would pay that (I know it's for oil barons/princes and such, but shit they have private airplanes)
>>
File: 1393867698869.jpg (32KB, 300x286px) Image search: [Google]
1393867698869.jpg
32KB, 300x286px
>>977361
>On the flight I am listening in onto a conversation between a girl and a monk from america talking how he is married to a goat in Bangkok who is the reincarnated spirit of his wife. Kicker was that the wife is still alive but that that the energy of the wife was still in the goat for some reason.
>>
File: IMG_5726.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5726.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
I've recently flown with BA, Air France, KLM and Lufthansa and they are all pretty solid and much alike.
I'm probably gonna fly with Turkish Airlines for the first time later this year, I'm eager to see if they deserve the praise they seem to get.

Pic related, some 60-year old on my flight from Seoul to Frankfurt reading manga, his 20-something-year old son was sitting right next to him.
>>
>>977507
Interested to hear what you think of Turkish.

I flew them to Dubai several years back -- they were perfectly acceptable, but not super-exciting airline of wonderfulness. May have not been their best plane/route, of course.
>>
Ryanair just werks honestly

If the airport isn't 3 hours away from my destination I'll most likely fly with them every time
>>
I've heard serbia airlines sucked dicks. I found another flight with malaysia airlines instead, I guess I got lucky.
>>
>>977507

I flew with them a couple of months ago, They're fine. You get a Turkish delight just after take-off which is nice. And the wine was reasonable.

But seriously, its just a plane seat. As long as there is a TV in the back of each seat I don't expect much more.
>>
>>977507

I just did a long haul flight with BA (around 9 hours) and it sucked so hard.

It was probably one of the worst long haul flights I've ever done.
>>
>>976654
>Tarom
nothing special, just ok I guess
>Virgin
shit service and averge flying. Flown london china a few times
>cathat
best airline experience for me. Great flying, on time, good service, great looking flight attendands, landing in hong kong on an aircraft-carrier island airport is quite the experience
>British airways. Ok....
Beijing- London once... idk. No strong opinion either way
> Lufthansa
london- bucharest and returm + london nanjing China-- Best flying so far. I could not even feel the landing the captain made in Nanjing. Aircraft interiors rather old. Had tube monitor, the ones you had in early 2000s. Also, great technical service in Frankfurt. We took off despite heavy snow
>Qatar-
- ok. Great service. bellow average flying. The touchdown in Beijing was hard( be 787) and the deaccelaration was abrupt.
>>
File: 1212140759.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
1212140759.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
I've only been on flights 4 times (I'm 33). I love planes and flight in general but I hate actually flying. The idea of knowing I'm plummeting to the ground with people screaming and crying is my worst nightmare. I wish I never had to fly again but I want to see places like Venice, etc, and my GF loves to travel, so...oh well. With that said I "enjoyed" my most recent flight on JetBlue. Delicious blue chips and it was cool watching the plane's location and speed on the map. It was during the last couple weeks of the NFL season, and I don't remember the teams (maybe Titans though), but one almost scored on a last second kickoff to win the game with a bunch of laterals and shit. A bunch of people started yelling and I can only imagine what that must have been like for a split second for those not watching the game. Got some cool pictures too.
>>
Thoughts on Air Canada for an international flight?
>>
>>977855
I'm right with you brother

Just flew to Mexico and for the six hours there and back I was white knuckle death grip to the arm rests. I came off of the flight with knots in my stomach it was awful. I need to find a decent drug cocktail and some noise canceling headphones to knock myself out.
>>
>>977860
Nooo!

Let's just say Air Canada's motto:
We're not happy 'till you aren't.

Imagine a flight staffed by uber feminists who always glare at you whenever you dare ask a question or make them do work. Seriously don't.
>>
>>976685
>plane was hit by lightning, causing it to free fall for a few seconds

Fluid dynamics does not work that way. Why bullshit on the internet? Does it make you feel important?
>>
Flying from Israel to New York soon. Gonna be an 11 hour flight.
sucks that it's over night so no looking out the window. Last time I opened it when it started to get light in the last part of the flight and got bitched at by the guy in front of me for letting light in.
>>
There's nothing I hate in life more than flying.
I'm legitimately giving up on travel ideas because of long flights.

Cleithrophobia is a bitch.
>>
>>977908
anon used the wrong expression ("free fall") but we all know what he meant. Turbulence, loss in altitude.
>>
>>977911
I hope it's not El Al.
>>
>>977908

>Fluid dynamics

But yes, a plane being struck by lightning is no problem since there's no potential difference across it.
>>
I have a 12 hour flight tomorrow with Cathay Pacific in business class. Should be nice.
>>
>>977952
Delta. What's El Al like?
>>
>>977961
Never flown with them, but I've read/heard too many horror stories.

Basically, if you're a religious jew, it's tailored for you. For everyone else, it's hell, and you're treated like goyim. Even pre-flight has the Israeli style interrogation where you're treated like a criminal and asked all sorts of personal questions and why you're not a terrorist.
>>
>>977964
It was like that at customs when I flew into Israel last.
Protip: don't be a goyim flying into Israel with no return ticket
>>
>>977956
London to HK?
>>
>>977973
Protip: don't be a goyim going into Israel in the first place.

I was questioned for 2 hours when entering. Because blue-eyed blonde Nordic Christians are known to be terrorists.

Seriously, every time I hear someone defend them with "But they need to defend themselves against terrorists, those are profiling experts and only want your safety" I cringe. Those people who interrogated me were dumb as fucking bricks. It was obvious from the start what they were trying to figure out. "Do you know any Muslims? Do you know any Arabs? Do you have Arab friends?" over and over again. Seriously. How fucking stupid do they think people are?
>>
>>977976
Zurich to HK.
>>
>>977983
Based, enjoy.

(How long are you staying, first time?)
>>
>>977984
Transfer in HK actually this time. I've been there a few times but unfortunately this time I won't have time to go to the city. HK is always great, even for a few hours.
>>
>>977978
>"Do you know any Muslims? Do you know any Arabs? Do you have Arab friends?"

If my answer to all of these is yes would they let me in? Because If I said no I'd be lying.
>>
>>976656
fucking disgusting. the UAE is in serious need of some guillotines
>>
File: carousel-first-class-965x485-c.jpg (323KB, 965x485px) Image search: [Google]
carousel-first-class-965x485-c.jpg
323KB, 965x485px
Delta = best US carrier hands down
>>
I've flown with Spirit Air, Delta, United, IndiGo, SpiceJet, easyJet, Air India, flydubai, Astana Air, Turkish, KLM, and probably quite a few others.

I've liked Air India, Delta, KLM, and Turkish.
>>
Thai Airways

Relatively cheap, free alcohol, hot hostesses
>>
>>978016
It's yes for pretty much everyone these days. They did let me in, but they weren't even trying to hide their racism.
>>
>>977983
>>977984
Pic related. Just boarding now.
>>
>>977169
>The Levee Breaks by Zeppelin.
lol I thought only I had a plane song, I play comfortably numb.
>>
>>977174
>>autismal paranoia of dropping the baby on the floor in turbulence
loool
>>
>>978123
Wich airline?
>>
emirates was the best
there was even a button for free ramen noodles lel
>>
>>978123
Air France Business?
>>
>>978168
>>978183
lrn2read the thread guys
>>
Paris to Bangkok with Air France. That was well.
>>
>>977908

Honestly we were never given an explanation or an apology. It wasn't until at least 10 years later that I read about lightning strikes to planes and it was exactly like what happened to our plane. So to be fair, it possibly did not get hit by lightning; I don't know what really happened just what I experienced as a passenger.
>>
Hey guys, 18 year old turning 19 in on the 4th here. Just asking if you guys know how to get the cheapest possible premium economy OR business class tickets from LAX to HKG/CAN during the winter (pref. before DEC25 or on DEC25 because Christmas and Star Wars). Return date varies; 2 weeks preferred, a few days longer is okay as long as the price is good (2 dollar difference =/= good).

I know nothing is free, especially a plane ticket. The cheapest price I can find is around 2k+tax or 3k+tax, premium eco and business class respectively.

Any site recommendations would be extremely helpful!

By the way, first time on /trv/. Thanks.

Why am I looking for this? Parents getting old, bruh.
>>
>>978219
fly economy if 2k is too much
>>
>>978223
Nah, I can afford 3k. Just trying to find the best price.
>>
>>977126
Literally every airport I've ever been to I haven't been able to find gum. I asked at Schiphol Airport in Amsterdam and they told me it was due to security reasons probably.
>>
>>978242
cool, wanna pay for my upgrade to business class?
>>
>>978242
Check kayak.com they always seem to have the lowest prices for me
>>
>>978079

I am going to Israel in September.

British citizen flying from London with my Russian citizen wife.

They seriously this harsh?

I am used to breezing through passport control in every country I've been to so far (except Russia during Crimea crisis).
>>
File: flights.png (316KB, 951x433px) Image search: [Google]
flights.png
316KB, 951x433px
I've flown a lot and only 26. Got back from Seattle last week and flying to Italy in 10 days the day after my graduation of my master's. My preferred airline is Delta and no, I haven't flown first or business yet.
>>
>>978283
how did you make this map?

I have all of my flights in an excel spreadsheet but I would love to visualize them.
>>
>>978306
Here's the site.

http://flightdiary.net/
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.