[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I hate the wageslave life, when our lives are so fragile and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1

File: 29096286052_7340f59cac_o.jpg (4MB, 3872x2581px) Image search: [Google]
29096286052_7340f59cac_o.jpg
4MB, 3872x2581px
I hate the wageslave life, when our lives are so fragile and short and because there's so much of this beautiful world I have to experience.

How do you deal with this, /trv/? Are you guys just rich ex-wageslaves that haved saved enough to travel, or do you just travel every now and then ? I'd rather not put off actually experiencing life until I'm in my Twilight years. 40 is the absolute limit I would be willing to continue working and whoring my time out for other people.
>>
>>1297738
I work seasonal jobs that take me different places and then I travel for leisure in-between jobs.
>>
>>1297738
Wageslaving is a compromise you made. Luckily, in contrast with real slavery, you can still make amends with yourself and live the life you actually want to live.
>>
>>1297738
Stop being a wageslave and work another job, boo hoo you may have to do something a little tougher for some extra money
>>
>>1297738
I'm not an American. I'm a European with one month of paid holiday each year, and since I don't need to pay off student loans or health insurance, I can make the most of that time, while also taking numerous shorter trips to different cities on weekends using the extensive train network.
>>
>>1297755
Never being able to travel more than 4 weeks at a time (and if you do travel 4 weeks, you have to work for the rest of the year with almost no time off) is also pretty shitty. In my country it's 6 weeks and I still hate the thought of having to limit myself like that in the future.
>>
is there nay airline pilots here? It seems like the perfect job for a travel lifestyle

>trip to Hawaii
>get laid off 2 days
>get paid a fuckton
>repeat
>>
>>1297738
I often think about this as well. I don't really care about the aspects of being rich, except for the amount of freedom it gives you. Instead of going to work I could be at the gym working out or working on my photography or you know, traveling...

Anyways, there's ways around it. You don't have to be rich to be free. You just have to be okay with being uncomfortable sometimes. This gets a lot of shit here on /trv/ but it's possible to travel very cheap and not be a bum. Sure it would be nice to stay at a Hilton every night but at the same time staying in a hostel or some guesthouse in Asia still gives you the kind of life you're looking for.

A lot of people say that if you love what you do for work it will not feel like a job for you. So if you find ways to make money from traveling for example, and there are plenty of professions tied to traveling, you might just hit a life long jackpot.
>>
>>1297738
I have 30 days of vacations/year, so it is not a big deal for me
>>
>>1297741
How can I into this?
>>
>>1297738
Full time firefighter for major US city. Work 81 days a year. Make about 100 grand.
>>
>>1297882
Cool works is a good place to start, but after a couple seasons you'll get most of your job leads through the friends you make.
>>
>got rich from /biz/

>>1297795
pilots are like surgeons, they have good jobs, it was just 8-10 years of hell getting there
>>
>>1297738
Most rich people do work, OP.
Stupid lazy people have your attitude and use the term wageslave, and have many nonpossible dreams of not working past 40 or that any job whatsoever is compatible with long stints of doing nothing but spending savings you can ill afford to spend.

Get more education so you don't hate your life so much. When you make more salary, everything fixes itself from relationships to savings to more satisfying vacations.
>>
>>1297896
Thanks mate
>>
>>1297738

Start a business. If you're American like me then you probably only get a few vacation days. I only get 13 per year so I can't travel much, only locally. I decided to just save as much money as possible 3 years ago and I have almost $100k at age 25. By 30 I should have enough money to quit my job, start some small business or work seasonally, and travel as much as I want. I'm not comfortable with risk so I want my income to be made up of mostly passive investments. Tbh I've thought about this a lot and there is no easy answer and most solutions require compromise, hard work, and a somewhat long time frame to get going. Good luck
>>
>>1297755
>>1297785
fuck yourselves with a cactus you spoiled cunts
>>
>>1297925
>wants to start a business
>doesn't want any risk

lol
>>
>>1297927
I didn't say I don't want any risk. You can minimize the risk of bankrupting yourself because of one down year by having a relatively stable secondary source of income which is what I'm advocating. Do whatever you want though, I'm just laying out my plan.
>>
My plan is to become a contractor in the tech space (data related) and exclusively only do 6-9 month contracts so it will leave me with 3-6 months travel time per year.

Starting a business is an option but I decided that it's not for me. Starting a business is extremely difficult, risky and time consuming. Also I don't want to have any worries about the business when I'm travelling so contracting is perfect.
>>
>>1297925
aren't you afraid that at 30, your wanderlust or whatever you wanna call it is gone and you're gonna settle for a down payment on a house, get married, have kids and then your travels will be limited to visit relatives in another state or flying to Florida for a long weekend or something? Not to mention you'd be bound to your job even more
>>
>>1298057
That's what I worry but I know I'm not going to have kids so I'm doing something similar.
>save up enough fuck you money
>leave corporate america for good
>>
>>1297922
I am my own man, I don't care if it's 'lazy' to actually want to do something with my life other than slave away at something I hate.

You might be satisfied with your bullshit defeatist lifestyle but I will never be. Fuck money,women, possessions. Time is the most important.
>>
>>1298057
>getting married
>in 2017
w e w
>>
>>1298057

30 is only 5 years away so I don't expect too much to change. And, for me, it's more than just wanting to travel; I want to enjoy the freedom that comes with not having to clock in, working 10 hour days with very minimal vacation time. This may be something that Americans are more sensitive too; the workplace culture and expectations are becoming more and more toxic.

>>1298115

This guy gets it. I'm not going to work my ass off and save all my money to risk losing half to a strong independent American feminist women. This meme has got to die.
>>
>>1297738
have been a criminal in my youth and saved up a ton of money while studying + my parents putting money in a savings account.
>>
>>1297738
while working in the hotel industry is a bitch a pro is definitely that you can literally work everywhere in the world
>>
>>1298324
What do you work as in a hotel m8?
How do I land a job at a hotel? Would you recommend?
>>
>>1298431
wouldnt recommend, workload is insane and pay mostly shitty, you'll easily reach up to 70hrs a week when it's main season.Though, if you're smart and talented it's one of the few industries where you can work your way up to director positions without having studied etc.

You can basically work everywhere at the beginning, depends on how good you are and what you learned, front office, waiter, roomcleaner or cook or whatever, there are always jobs in a hotel even for the biggest retard that can barely articulate himself
>>
>>1297755
Amerilards don't understand how much better life is for euros. I cant wait to leave this shithole and never come back.
>>
>>1298431
>How do I land a job at a hotel?

forgot that part, basically either look for openings or just go there and ask, had a lot of people just walk in and ask for work.
>>
>>1298455
dont let the door hit you on the way out. europe is on the verge of collapse because of people like you
>>
>>1298462
Because of people who work hard and think they deserve to live a life that isnt plagued by the eternal threat of bankruptcy in return? No, i think i'm fine.
>>
>>1297738
Why not make the determination to work your ass off for the next 20 years and save half of your salary?

Early retirement is a real thing if you keep your consumption levels down. You can still take 1 nice vacation a year.

This won't work if you get married because half of your assets will disappear if you find yourself in a divorce.
>>
>>1297741
>>1297896
how old are you?

how much money do you make?
>>
>>1298547
I'm 39, which is quite a bit older than most seasonals. I worked the circuit when I was younger but then "settled down" for about a decade in Seattle. However a few years ago the company I was working for went out of business and facing ever increasing rent and cost of living I pared my life down to a couple duffels, threw them in my trunk and hit the road.

I make about $16k-$18kish a year, but I have no large debt and no major expenses. Housing is usually provided by employers for cheap and I'm pretty good at stretching a dime. I realize I can't do it forever, but I'll do it as long as I can.

It's definitely not a lifestyle most people can sustain for more than a year or two. I'm definitely wired funny, I kind of get off on the uncertainty and unpredictable nature of the lifestyle, most people don't like it.

Still, if you're young and/or you don't have many family or financial obligations, give it a try for a season or two. It's a fun way to see cool places and meet cool people without having to empty your savings account.
>>
>>1297738
maybe u should have thought out ur career choice and pursued something ur actually passionate about

moron

i love my job and i get to travel internationally on a regular basis for it
>>
>>1298472
no, europe is bankrupt.

the poverty rate isnt even that much lower in europe. taxes are so high people routinely lose houses that have been in theor families for 300 years. that isnt poverty to you?

and the poverty is about to get a lot higher.

you complain about people in america "in poverty" with 50k in debt (accident) and 0 taxes, but somehow think 20k a year in taxes EVERY year and 0 debt is better?

you sound like you're 19. leave and never come back
>>
>>1297912
Nah pilots get paid fuck all for what they do/how long they've had to study
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.