[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Palestine after Birhright

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: nablus_front.jpg (251KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
nablus_front.jpg
251KB, 1920x1200px
General Palestine thread but also questions specifically for people who have been on Birthright.

I'm 1/4th Jew which makes me eligible to go (lol!) So I thought why not take advantage of the free trip and then spend some time int he Middle East? I'm going to do 10 day birthright then spend some extra time in Israel (still deciding exactly where) but afterwards I want to do West Bank and Jordan.

Jordan is no problem I know but is the West Bank safe if I go alone? Also, I'm not even sure if people who are extending birthright are allowed to go. I've heard stories of people getting kicked out of Birthright for planning to go to Palestine.

I'm not planning anything political I just want to see some Christian and Muslim sites. Has anybody gone on birthright and then gone to the West Bank? Can you tell me about it?
>>
>>1297374
Any trip to West Bank (Areas A&B) should never be alone.
>>
You're probably better off just basing yourself in Jerusalem and day-tripping into the West Bank. You can get buses from Jerusalem to most of the sites in the WB and taxi your way around once you're there.

Israeli authorities will check your passport on the bus (can't remember if they asked to see my visa slip) but that's about it.
>>
West Bank is no problem from the safety point of view if you go in there as a non-Israeli tourist. Just stay away from the settler areas, in case they decide to incite violence and you get caught up in it. The authorities probably will get buttmad if you plan to go there. But they most likely won't know if you don't tell them, and use whatever non-Israel passport you have. The WB border is surprisingly easy and they'll hardly glance at your passport if you look like a western tourist.

Also don't listen to Shlomo here >>1297394
, he's not going to give you anything objective.
>>
>>1297374
the west bank isn't yours to holiday in jew
>>
>>1298064
Shut up. Jesus Christ, why so much hatred
>>
>>1298178
fuck your 'birthright' you aren't owed shit, it isn't your land. My family home for generations is my birthright, taken away to make room for you fuckheads
>>
Anyone here lied their way to a birthright trip? How easy was it? Is it worth it?
>>
>>1298241
Frankly I think both sides are shitheads and would be plenty happy to see yoi both wiped out
>>
>>1298241
salil sawarim brother

>>1297374
literally absolutely never tell them that you want to go there, ever, for any reason and you'll be fine, you can still go, gaza is off limits to anyone, that's about it
>>
File: 107788172.jpg (413KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
107788172.jpg
413KB, 800x600px
Real WB'er here
Don't listen to this guy>>1297394
And don't listen to this jackass too >>1298064
You're more than welcome here as long as you come with an open mind without any prejudices
places i can recommend to visit:

(i'm not gonna mention the touristic places because you can find that anywhere)

Ramallah
>cultural and political center of WB, somewhat decent nightlife in it, check out la grotta cafe pub (and when hungry go outside and to your right side there's a small place called "bohas" that makes great and cheap BBQ, real local place), you can check out SnowBar too it's an open bar with a lovely atmosphere, for shawarma check out "bounjour" which is where the roundabout with a clock is (dowar el se'aa in arabic) for hummusthere's a street going downhill with like 3 good places to eat, don't remember the names but you can get there from la grotta it's the street that splits between the pub and the food joint

Nablus
>underrated desu, it's a city between 2 mountains and extends towards them bilaterally, worthy checking out al-shefa'a turkish bath in the old city where you can get a nice steam bath etc and oil message by a dude (no homo) and have shisha in a traditional arabic setting (pic related), bonus part they have an oven in the place so if you bring raw food they cook it for you for a small fee
>Nablus is the home of Kunaffeh, a delicious sweet made from white cheese and dough, check out Abu-ser sweets and al-aqsa sweets in the old city (best one is al-aqsa but closes early) wanna make the locals laugh? eat the kunaffeh inside a pita bread: it's a stereotype that countryside simpletons do it even though the tradition started with cityfolk that lead to villagers imitating them then disappeared from the city
>There's a small food joint called "Okal" somewhere near the main square in nablus that does this weird pita sandwhich that contains livers, kebab and some other shit i have no fucking idea honestly but it's very delicious and you should give it a try
>>
>>1298482
I know they're forbidden to do so, but what would happen if an Israeli went by himself to one of the Palestinian cities? would he get lynched like 20 years ago?
>>
>>1299203
I would certainly hope so.

I'm only kind of joking TBQH.
>>
>>1299203
DESU just pretend you're a european or something (for your own sake) and you'll be fine.
>>
>>1299203
I've heard many israelis go there to buy food, because it's so much cheaper. AFAIU, they need a non-israeli passport to show to the israeli border police to do that though.
>>
>>1299237
>implying all Jews are European/of European descent
Fuck you people are stupid.
>>
>>1297374
I'm not Jewish at all but I lied and said I was to get a free vacation with Birthright. During my extension I went to Egypt and then spent a lot of time in the West Bank. You can easily go to the West Bank and it's probably safer than most of Israel. There sure as hell aren't a shitload of young sketchy Africans in the West Bank unlike a lot of Tel Aviv. At the Damascus Gate there are white arab busses that take you into Bethlehem and they are super convenient going back and forth. I can't remember the exact numbers to take but just ask, in general the arabs are much nicer than the jews. If you have any questions just ask. I was exactly in your same shoes a year ago.
>>
During your birthright you are going to see some nice places in Israel. I was in birthright as a staff member a few weeks ago.

I've never actually been in the WB myself so I can't really say, but as for where to visit in Israel I really recommend doing a day in Haifa. You could go there by train and crash somewhere with AirBnB.

Got great beaches and as for religious site there's the Bahai Gardens, Elijah's cave and the Stella Maris Monastery. Most people don't visit Haifa but I'm pretty biased towards it.

Enjoy your trip.
>>
>>1299664
Well half the country is of european descent, the other half is of north african descent so if you're a mizrahi don't think about coming here desu because your cover will be blown easily
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.