[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My first time traveling - need advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: cebu-iloilo-church-11-1-of-1.jpg (120KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
cebu-iloilo-church-11-1-of-1.jpg
120KB, 640x426px
I wasn't sure whether to post this here or /adv/, but here goes..

My mom passed away recently and I've been severely depressed. I feel like traveling is a good way to suppress it since I've tried just about everything else.

I've decided to go to Ilo-ilo city in the Philippines.

I've never traveled by myself before. Last time we went to vacation, I was still a kid and it was with my mom.

I need advice. I already bought the tickets and I'll be leaving in 2 months. I'll be taking United Airlines and Philippine airlines.

I'll be there for 9 days. I want to pack light and travel with only a carry on luggage.

Can you bring more than one carry on luggage? I'm bringing my laptop which is kinda heavy since it's a gaming one and the only computer I have.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 phone. How do I make it so that it'll work over there? I have AT&T.

Will my credit or debit card work over there?

I'm thinking of bringing 3 shirts and 3 pairs of pants as well as flip flops.

I'll be bringing my contact lens solutions with me. Will this be a problem?
>>
You can bring one carry on and one personal item. Your laptop counts as a personal item.

Your card will probably work over there, but you may get charged a fee. Check with your bank, also let them know you're going on vacation so they don't shut your card off thinking it was stolen.

Any liquids must be 3.4 oz or smaller, that includes contact solution.

Don't suppress your feelings, don't try and run away from them. Face them, talk to someone about them. Someone important to you died, if you don't deal with those feelings they will slowly creep into every aspect of your life and start eating away at you.

>t. Frequent flyer and person who lost both parents at a relatively young age
>>
>>1295986
Are you a qt? Because if you are just come to Cebu and I'll show you around then sell you to the druggies.
All jokes aside since you're in Ilo-Ilo, find a group trip to Isla de Gigantes, but don't expect the place to be the desert all those images imply, there's a fucking karaoke on the large island, I've never been to the city itself so I can't help you there.

If you went to Siargao/Cebu/Mactan though I can answer any question you might have.
Fair warning, no drugs, not even Marijuana

Bookmark this also willmyphonework.net
>>
>>1295986
>Can you bring more than one carry on luggage? I'm bringing my laptop which is kinda heavy since it's a gaming one and the only computer I have.
It's generally fine to bring one carry-on and one "personal item," which your laptop bag would qualify as. But ask yourself if you really need a laptop for your trip, especially for 9 days. I've done 21 days, and the only electronics I took with me were my phone and my camera.

>I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 phone. How do I make it so that it'll work over there? I have AT&T.
If your phone is unlocked, try getting a local SIM card. Or do what I did and set your phone to Airplane Mode, and leech off the surrounding wi-fi.

>Will my credit or debit card work over there?
Credit cards are almost certain to work internationally. That is practically the whole point of them. Your debit card may or may not work, depending on whether your bank has a shared agreement with international banks.

>I'm thinking of bringing 3 shirts and 3 pairs of pants as well as flip flops.
That's perfect. Hell, you can even do with less.

>I'll be bringing my contact lens solutions with me. Will this be a problem?
So you've probably heard about restrictions on carry-on liquids. That said, generally speaking, if it's for health or medical purposes, they are usually exempt. If you're still not fully convinced, check the liquids policy of EVERY airline and airport you will come into contact with; I cannot stress this enough as there was someone who was okay to bring contact lens solution in one airport, but it wasn't okay in the next. I have no idea how contact lenses work, but if you can make do with less than 100ml/3.4fl. oz., you can carry it worry-free.
>>
I just checked and Philippine Airlines does not allow you to carry a "personal item" ie laptop bag, etc.. as well as your carry on luggage.

And the maximum weight is 15 lbs for carry on. Not sure what carry on luggage to buy. (22 x 14 x 9 in) is the max dimensions or 45 linear inches.

I have a 17.3 inch gaming laptop I have to bring and I only want to have carry on luggage.

I have a lot of thinking to do.
>>
File: GBnx06B0-pc.jpg (43KB, 604x454px) Image search: [Google]
GBnx06B0-pc.jpg
43KB, 604x454px
dont get too friendly with flip kids
there's parents who tried to accuse me as a pedo during my stay because they saw a single male farang in their midst
i used my basic tagalog and hispanic to curse them off
>>
File: laptop.png (107KB, 768x1020px) Image search: [Google]
laptop.png
107KB, 768x1020px
>>1296587
>I just checked and Philippine Airlines does not allow you to carry a "personal item" ie laptop bag, etc.. as well as your carry on luggage.
Check again, friendo.
>>
>>1296587
Leave your laptop at home, thank us later, mate.

Traveling is for seeing stuff and meeting people, not burrowing yourself in a laptop . Especially if short term
>>
Having issues trying to find a good carry on luggage. I just bought a samsonite carry on that I have to return because while they said it fits the carry on size criteria, they did not measure the wheels, which puts it over 22" in height.
>>
>>1296805
>they said it fits the carry on size criteria
Try not to trust such claims. There is no international standard for this kind of thing. Many airlines have identical or even similar restrictions, but there's a few that are far less lenient, and even a few that are surprisingly generous, too.
>>
I live in Iloilo City. If you have any questions about the city and the surrounding areas, I can try to answer them.

Why did you choose Iloilo, though? I think Cebu and Bohol would be better choices because there's a lot more to do in those places.
>>
Ok, I took back the luggage and replaced it with a new one. Exactly 22" in height, less than 14" in width, but it's it's over 9" deep but you can "squeeze" it to where it's less than 9"

Do backpacks count as "personal item?" Thinking of using one as a laptop case
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.