[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Aachen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: fotolia_47160719_l.jpg (2MB, 2355x1571px) Image search: [Google]
fotolia_47160719_l.jpg
2MB, 2355x1571px
I got a job offer to go and work in Aachen, Germany. I'm sure there are some German friends here. What's the town like? Is it a good place to live for 12 months? Is it easy to make friends with the people there?

For a frame of reference, I live in Belgium, so I have a decent grasp of what Europe is like. I mostly don't want to move to a boring little backwater if that's what it turns out to be.
>>
Aachen is Germany's westermost larger city and a college town. It hosts one of the most reputable and biggest technical universities of Germany(22% of its inhabitants are students and there are also a lot of international students naturally). So you will be fine if you don't mind a bit of a gender imbalance. Check out the Pontstraße for bars, clubs, restaurants, etc.

The inner city is pretty, boasting the Cathedral, a world heritage site. Though if you turn the wrong way you might end up in the red light district which still is within the first city ring(Antoniusstraße). The weather is a bit rainy in general.

If you are there during winter, check out the legendary Christmas market which also attracts international visitors. Cologne and Maastricht are just an-hour-long train ride away.
>>
t. Liège bro

I go to Aix-la-chapelle to drink and bang german girls, people from aachen are in bars in Liège all the time. Most of my friends actually attend RTWH.

You're hardly leaving Belgium my friend. If you're from brussels/wallonia, you'll notice aachen is a bit cleaner, and people a little more calm; if you're from flanders, you won't see a difference, apart from language, but everyone speaks english, and written text can be understood easily even if you only know flemish.
>>
>>1294579
source: German who lived there a few years but it's been a while since I did my undergraduate at the RWTH.
>>
>>1294572
If you live in Belgium then get on a bus and go visit it. This is a slow board and it's only a few hours away.
>>
>>1294572
>I live in Belgium
Nigga you're barely moving anywhere.
>>
you will feel at home, Aachen is the most Belgian city in Germany
>>
first german city to be captured by the allies
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.