[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you guys save up the money to travel?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1k1hky.jpg (27KB, 500x414px) Image search: [Google]
1k1hky.jpg
27KB, 500x414px
How do you guys save up the money to travel?
>>
I don't buy the latest best entertainment devices or the hottest name brand clothes. I don't carry large credit debt and don't go out to eat all the time.
>>
>>1294152
Sell your blood. Plasma or whatever.

Drug testing also pays bank. Two med studies later and you have yourself a nice vacation.
>>
Live in a dump, I'm not going to lie. That, and I don't have a car, have relatively few clothes, no expensive hobbies to blow money on, etc.
>>
>>1294152
Wagecuck here, living by 700 euros for a month.
By paying my bills and paying to live I have 300 euros to save every single month. I am with this anon >>1294159 I am not playing video games, or buying alcohol every single day, or smoking etc., and I always have enough money every single summer to go away for a month.
>>
Not carrying a lot of debt is a big one.

I have one credit card, I got it through my bank and it's got a $500 limit on it.

Not having a car is also a big help, but that's not an option for some people. So if you do have to have a car, keep it simple, don't carry a big loan on it and get the most basic insurance on it.

In the past I've preferred paying cash for a beater, but that can be tricky if you get too much of a clunker. Unless you're willing to just scrap it when the first big repair bill comes along.
>>
>>1294186
Where do you live on only 400 euros a month? Sounds super cheap.

>>1294152
I basically forgo certain privileges in life to afford my travels. Instead of renting my own place I live in a basement suite in my parents house where I don't pay rent. I have never owned a car in my life until last year when I moved abroad and needed a cheap one for road trips. My computer at home is 6 years old, I do have a newer laptop but it wasn't top of the line, just good enough to process my photos. I do go out to eat from time to time but most of my entertainment is free/super cheap.

I've been lucky, I completed uni without any debt, parents allowed me to live in their house for free, I do all my spending when traveling really.
>>
>>1294152
Living with grandma :3
>>
I still live with my parents and have a salary job though I don't send a lot of money probably 60 dollars per week Not including phone, car , insurance and misc.

I probably save 500 dollars a month or 1000 if I see my account got money to spare. I don't find it too hard to save though that's just me.
>>
>>1294152
I literally do nothing for a year while planning. Then I come back Broke with barely enough money for two weeks.
Find a job and repeat.
did that 3 times and now I'm breaking the cycle to go back to school
>>
>>1294159
this, stop spending your money on stupid shit you don't need
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.