[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question: what are the flattest countries to ride across? I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: Kanto_Route_17_AG155.png (338KB, 320x485px) Image search: [Google]
Kanto_Route_17_AG155.png
338KB, 320x485px
Question: what are the flattest countries to ride across?

I've had a disability all my life; recently I found a way to improve it and thus my quality of life. I can exercise somewhat now and would love to cycle across a country.

However there is a limit - I still can't do anything intense. Cycling uphill would be too intense. And Britain and much of Europe is very hilly and so impossible for me. I basically need an easy mode, flat country.

Size doesn't matter; a big flat country is preferable to a small hilly country.
>>
File: neth.gif (48KB, 460x526px) Image search: [Google]
neth.gif
48KB, 460x526px
netherlands
flat, lots of bake paths, towns every few km

could do the great plains in NA, but things are spread out a lot more
>>
>>1294162
This. Of you stay out of the deep south, you'll find only flatlands.
>>
>>1294162
This and parts of Belgium
>>
Denmark and southern Sweden is also really flat. The highest point in Denmark is only 176 meters.
>>
>>1294188
Finland is also very flat and bike-friendly. Come in the summer, obviously, when there are very long days (like 18 hours of daylight).
>>
>>1294147
Seconding Netherlands, hard to find a better country for low effort cycling.
Large parts of Poland and Hungary are also flat as a table.
>>
>>1294188
This
It's so flat even the sky looks different
>>
File: No3847-1.jpg (975KB, 1800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
No3847-1.jpg
975KB, 1800x1200px
>>1294147
Shimanami Kaido. It's Japans most popular cyling route and consist of mostly bridges and small inclines built with cycling in mind. really beautiful scenery
>>
>>1294188
>southern Sweden is also really flat.

Sick meme bro.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Swedish_highlands
>>
>>1294253
Do you think it would be doable in a wheelchair? Distance and incline aren't a problem for me, mainly concerned about width/space.
>>
>>1294302
I think it would be problematic since large chunks of the route are dedicated to only cyclists
>>
>>1294325
That's a shame, thanks for the info though.
>>
>>1294352

How about one of those recumbent tri-wheeled bike things? My uncle used one of those during the phase of his life when he was unable to walk but still had arm strength. He went a lot of places with a wheel chair to get around "home base" hotels and such, and that bike thing to explore.
>>
Florida

Nearly entirely flat, plus there's lots of people and cities and beaches along any route you take.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.