[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Must sees in Paris? Versailles worth it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: macaron.jpg (116KB, 900x801px) Image search: [Google]
macaron.jpg
116KB, 900x801px
Must sees in Paris?

Versailles worth it?
>>
Nah, Paris is nothing but mosques and niggers now. Enjoy being imprisoned for resisting Abdul's cock.
>>
>>1293830
It's funny you mention that because I'm staying just down the road from the Grand Mosque
>>
>>1293830
can't you fuckheads just stay in your containment board?
>>
Spend at least an entire day at the Louvre, if not two. Take all of your ideas of "Western Culture" and know that you're walking through the world's greatest embodiment of that idea.
Walk around the neighborhoods close to the river Seine, or Montmartre, etc. at night, especially in the rain. It's magical.
See Notre Dame and Sacre Coeur cathedrals.
One attraction I don't see mentioned often is the Musee de l'Armee. It's an amazing museum displaying weapons, armor, uniforms, etc. from French wars through the country's history. It's at Les Invalides which is also where Napoleon's tomb is (also a must see.)
Walk around the Pere Lachaise cemetery. It's beautiful, and chances are there's someone famous buried there whose grave you might want to visit.
And yes, Versailles is worth visiting. More so for the gardens than the actual palace, in my opinion. Make sure to visit Fontainebleau as well - worth the 1 hour train ride from Paris.
By the way, you will see far more Chinese than any other non-white ethnicity in the tourist areas.
>>
Also the catacombs. Just be aware that to get in you should get there something like 1 hour before opening time. Otherwise you'll be waiting in line all day.
>>
>>1293831

At a hostel? Young and happy by chance? Rue Mouffetard is based with tons of stuff to do. Let me know if you want some recommendations
>>
File: IMG_20170824_144902607.jpg (3MB, 4320x2432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170824_144902607.jpg
3MB, 4320x2432px
>>1293941

Seconding this. I waited in like for 3 hrs since they rerouted the queue several times and kept putting me at the end of the line. Shit was infuriating. Was it worth spending all day there? Not sure but it was quite cool. Pic related.
>>
>>1293932
Excuse me if this sounds rude or uncultured, but do the museums have English signs or English audio tours? I do not speak French, but wish to enjoy the museums to their fullest extent
>>
>>1294688
I am! I would love some recommendations!
>>
>>1293799
Versailles is completely worth it BUT choose wisely when you go.
Just like Paris, it is totally crowded durring summer and spring
I've been to Paris several times between february/march and found it to be one of the best time to go, of course there are still tourists but it's breatheable
Like absolutely no waiting to enter the Louvre and no ocean of Asians ruining your visit in Versailles
>>
>>1294719
Most of them have bilingual signs, and even though I rarely take audio I think there are several languages available pretty much everywhere
>>
Regarding Versailles, get there early. Otherwise, be prepared to wait in long lines. Also, rent a bicycle to tour the gardens. I would say worth it, but I wouldn't spend the whole day there.
>>
>>1294736
Agree, Paris and Rome (especially Rome) are a thousand times better in late fall or winter
>>
>>1294688
yo not him but i need some recc

i'm in paris in like a days time
>>
>>1294755
Depends on the season. I just walked in with no line, when it was low season. You can actually check their webpage to get an idea. You can buy timed tickets in advance as well, but in low season the timed tickets are all-day tickets.
>>
>>1294736
>it is totally crowded durring summer and spring
I always heard a normal Parisian will leave Paris in these season just to avoid tourist
>>
>>1295044
Most Europeans get around one month vacation in July or August. Rich Parisians who live in the touristy areas go on holiday during this period.
>>
>>1293932
Solid advice here, especially the Musée de l'Armée.

Also since you're staying near the Grande Mosquée, you can try the Gallerie de l'évolution. If you're into paintings, you have to see the Musée d'Orsay
>>
>>1295044
Parisian fag here.

Yes and no. Most Parisians leave because they are not from Paris during summer holidays (either they're foreigners or French from the countryside).

Paris is atually very nice to live in the summer because it's much quieter, there is less traffic, transportations are not crowded, parks are pretty much empty and everything. The student crowd is also back at home, so it's much quieter as well.

Tourists stick to the same spots, you don't really see them anyway.

So basically, during summer, many Parisians move out so the "living" part of the city is quiet and less crowded, while more tourists pour in, making the touristy part a living nightmare.
>>
>>1294755
It's also a good idea to avoid the main entrance. There's an underground entrance (thought the mall if I remember correctly, it was some time ago) where lines are much shorter, I actually went in immediately while the main entrance was crowded.
>>
>>1293926
Sorry, but this board has always been open to sharing our experiences abroad, good and bad. I've seen tons of posts shitting on India, Thailand, etc. Suddenly calling out the obvious failings in Western Europe is off-limits? Fuck off with your SJW nonsense. People are getting pretty sick of it.

OP, I enjoyed my time in Paris for the most part. I particularly enjoyed the views from the Arc de Triumph. I'll go back because 4 days definitely wasn't enough. Watch out for grown men riding children's scooters downhill though.
>>
>>1295447
>"Paris is nothing but mosques and niggers now. Enjoy being imprisoned for resisting Abdul's cock"

You call that "sharing our experiences abroad" ? I'm all for people realizing there's something wrong going on in Europe but this was a just a guy shitting all over the thread
>>
>>1295454
Yeah, I guess he was being... a little hyperbolic. We all know it's his attempt at humor though and he's not being literal.
>>
>>1295459
We all know he's underaged and never been to Europe. Why is he still not banned?
>>
>>1295454
he is correct though. women are opnly raped murders can no onger be solved becayse of frequency and anyone o conplains is imprisoned.

a"calm and plain" description of the situation does not do it justice. if he complains in plain language people will se hyerbolic langyage to call him a dumb nazi anyway

so he says paris is a nigger hell that resembles africa and a woman that gets raped will call an ambulance and then get raped by the abulance driver.

its true and yor stupid evenhanded descriptions are not.
>>
>>1295468
No he's right, still not as bad as a lot of areas of Germany have become
>>
Did someone link to this thread on /pol/ just now or where did these come from? Where are the mods?
>>
File: Réfléchir.jpg (66KB, 540x459px) Image search: [Google]
Réfléchir.jpg
66KB, 540x459px
>>1295472
but then who was phone
>>
Hi,
I live in Paris

10 bucks I'll make u visit the un-touristic part of Cathcombs.

>Also Louvres is huge as fuck, lot of things to see pretty neat.

> Versailles will be completely full of ching chong, the trip is not worth it especially in our fucked up transportation system

>Lots of niggers, sand niggers. They're completely peaceful however. No replacement, just always been like this. White, arabs, niggers and chineses. They're our Latino y'know (low wages, migrants blablabla) And they're nice hope you'll meet some

> Check on Montmartre, you'll avoid easily tourists. Don't go inside the basilic it's shit and was build to "purify sins" of Paris rebels.

>Check on the riverside near Pont-Neuf it's beautiful

>At night, check on the riverside at Austerlitz, lots of druggy young aged clubbers warming up. You'll make friend in a second especially if you're a foreigner

Could go on, I don't know if we have the same traveler profile but I like getting smashed after a visiting day so tell me i'll recommend you some places for the night
>>
>>1295480
It's one or two people who have been shitting up posts on western Europe when they're around.

>Where are the mods?
Pattaya would be my guess.
>>
>>1295514

Ayo mec je ne suis pas l'OP mais j'ai envie de visiter les catacombes. Je suis étranger mais je parle le francais quand-même.

T'es un cataphile ? Jai quelques questions pour toi si tes dispo. Si jai besoin de te payer 10€ ca va mais je peux prendre les bieres ou qq comme ça si ca marche.

Alors si tes disponible la prochaine fois que jarrive a paris dit moi si on peux visiter les catacombes. Tu fait ça toute seul ou tes avec une groupe des gens?

Merci d'avance. Jai crée un fil sur le meme sujet mais personne a répondu.
>>
Eat some crêpes
Latin Quarter
Chinatown
>>
>>1293932
Great advise desu.
>>
>>1293799
Yes varisai is really the only thing that stands out in my memory from my trip to France. It's incredible to be honest.

One thing I did not get to do is go inside of the Moulin Rouge has anyone here ever done that? Is it like a strip club or something?
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.