[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Peru

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: ayavine.jpg (346KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
ayavine.jpg
346KB, 1600x900px
My friend and I are going to an Ayahuasca retreat in Peru around Christmas. We also plan on going to Machu Picchu. Any anons want to give us some advice or recommendations for traveling and site seeing in Peru?
>>
File: 1500603281960.png (334KB, 512x556px) Image search: [Google]
1500603281960.png
334KB, 512x556px
>>1293337
Bumperooni
>>
>>1293337
Have you considered going mad and being killed by a Canadian in self-defense?

>fun for all the family!
>>
File: 1503608597716.jpg (104KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1503608597716.jpg
104KB, 1024x1024px
>>1293705
I'm going with a homie, so if shit goes down we got each others backs. Fuck off cunts!
>>
>>1293337
Aguas Calientes or whatever it is called is the biggest little town in Peru.
>>
>>1293708
We will actually be staying there a a couple nights. It looks cool. Looking forward to the hot springs.
>>
Machu Pichu is a trap with billions of tourists.

You can have the same thing to yourself if you're willing to put the work in: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Choquequirao
>>
>>1293337
You can try Santo Daime in Brazil. It is legal
>>
>>1293715
Be careful with the springs. They'll warn you to take it easy and slowly settle in and you should follow the advice. Remember you're going to be at a high altitude so altitude sickness is a real thing you have to be aware of. Don't run or exert yourself when you arrive. Take it slow and relax. You can get sick for a day or 3 if you do something stupid, same goes for dipping too quickly into the hot springs.

Do you have any questions about Peru? Seems like you have a set itinerary. Any questions about food?
>>
>>1293907
Thanks for the info, anon.

Yeah our itinerary is sorted. We'll basically spend a week at the Ayahuasca retreat, "Pulse", then we'll take a place to cuzco and stay in a small town before heading to Aguas Calientes to see Machu Picchu and the hot springs. We have our trains, planes, and rooms booked.

Thanks especially for mentioning the altitude sickness. It is somewhat of a concern of mine, considering we will only have been in the country for about 48 hours or less before trying Ayahuasca. Hopefully this wont be too physically demanding. Also, I'm really stoked to see Macchu Picchu and try the food.

My friend said there is an indigenous variety of Chinese food unique to Peru. I'd like to try that a lot because it sounds really special, like Chinese food with an Amerindian twist.
>>
>>1293931
>My friend said there is an indigenous variety of Chinese food unique to Peru.
It's called Chifa and it is very popular. Try the rice dish called chaufa, it's the most standard of all the dishes and a good starting place in exploring the cuisine. It's like chifas signature dish.

My favorite desert is maza mora morada, which is basically a purple corn pudding dessert. It is usually sold with cinnamon and fruit in it, I like it without any of that. Eat it warm definitely but you can also eat it cold. You will be able to find this almost anywhere, even street vendors sell it. Make sure you try picarones too, they are delicious and probably my second favorite Peruvian dessert. Ceviche too if you can get it. You'll be inland though.

>Hopefully this wont be too physically demanding.
It's really not. You just have to be aware that you're body isn't used to it. On one occasion 2 people in our party got really sick because they thought it wasn't a big deal. 3 days sick vomiting and feeling like they had a fever. Also on another occasion someone dipped into the hot springs too quickly and they were fucked up for like 2 days miserable. You're body isn't used to these things at this altitude, with foreign food you've never consumed before. It's a perfect storm for something to go wrong if you choose to be a dickhead. Try drinking coca leaf tea, you'll be able to find it easily and it'll help with the altitude. Yes it is the leaves cocaine is made from, it's perfectly legal to drink coca leaf tea.

Also I like the snacks called chizitos, they are like Peruvian cheez doodles but better. Drink Pisco, bring some home, consume Maca, and be open to trying new things you'll have a great time.

Oh and btw, people do steal like they do in every country. Don't be stupid and make sure you put stuff in your pockets or where you can see it, don't just leave stuff laying around or walk with an Xbox huge dslr 24/7, you'll just be making yourself a mark.
>>
>>1293715
A couple of nights is one night too much. There's little more too see than Machu Picchu and the springs. Also, it's fucking expensive.
Be sure to book Your ticket to Machu Picchu in advance and also one of the Mountains. If it's not Huayna Picchu, Machu Picchu Mountain is good. Actually a lot confier hike and a really good view of the city.

Ayahuasca is better in Iquitos in small (about 2 people) groups. In Cusco I wouldn't trust if it's the real experience.

Altitude sickness Is not really a big deal one you made in Machu Picchu, I supposed you'll have been in Cusco for quite a long time. Anyways, listen to your body and go slowly the first day. From then you will be fine.

Yep, Chifa is great here, Peru, in the sense of Chinese inmigration, is like California. I think Chifa is better in the coast, and even there is really hit or miss. Look up the restaurant before on the internet.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.