[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

solo travelling is amazing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

File: original.jpg (84KB, 672x372px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
84KB, 672x372px
I just came back from my first solo trip around the eastern balkans, lasted 2 weeks and a half. It was my first travel alone, and I was quite worried at the beginning, since I didnt know much about thta part of europe and even if i'm a rather extrovert and friendly person, I was worried to feel alone or nostalgic during the trip, or maybe just bored as fuck because I had no one to stay with during the trip.

Well, I was incredibly wrong. During the last 2 week, I've met so many amazing and interesting people, visited incredible places, and did some really fantastic experience, it was my best and most interesting trip so far, whitout a doubt. The fact of being alone was never a real problem, rather it was and advantage: I had full and total autonomy on my trip and my itinerary, I could spend the day exactly as I wanted, without having to argue or discuss with anyone. I wanted to do a big deviation from the original itinerary to follow some qtie I found on the way? No problem. I wanted to just spend teh day chilling in the hostel common room and drink beers all day long with the rest of the guest? That's fine. Total and absolute autonomy, so much fun and less stressing compared when you travel with a group of friends or with your gf

Meeting other people wasnt a problem after all: all the hostels I visited where full of other solo travellers, that were (in most of the case) absolutely happy to do some small talk with another traveller, have a beer together, go eat somewhere or just visit the city. Fuck, I even got laid the last day of my trip, with a girl I met in the hostel.

So, my message to all the people who wants to travel alone but feel nervous or scared about it is to just do it. Of course, the fact that I had a "positive attitude" during the whole trip and I'm not a total sperglord surely helped a lot. So I wanted to share a couple of advices for future solo travellers, and hopefully other people with more experience will keep adding advices to the list
>>
> to socialize, stay in HOSTELS. Not only it's unbelievably easy to meet people there, but there is a higher chance to meet people more similar to you in terms of age and character. Doing the same in Hotels is way more difficult, and Airbnb are fine, but you really just meet your hosts and maybe some of his friends, and sometimes the hosts just ignores you or stay away from home the whole day.

> be polite and friendly to everyone. If someone new enters in your dorm room, or sit at your table during dinner or breakfast, say hi to him and ask him his name or where he's from, or some other random bullshit. Establish a connection with people, once you break the ice, it's very easy to have a good conversation whith someone else. And if the other person just doesnt look interested in talking with you, then just stop talking and keep doing what you were doing. It's realy that simple.

> it's better not to plan your trip with all the details, booking hostels/hotels or bus trips with lots of advance. I think that one of the best thing about travel alone is to have complete control over your trip. If you arrive in a new city where you planned to spend just a night, but then you really like it and want to stay here more days, it's way easier to do it if you havent already booked your staying in the next city. I had this problem, I wanted to go out of my planned route in Serbia and spend some time in Thessaloniki with a bunch of people I met there instead of keep with my serbian itinerary , and so I did, but doing so I wasted some 40€ of the hostel I already booked before the start of the trip.
>>
File: lift.png (18KB, 522x422px) Image search: [Google]
lift.png
18KB, 522x422px
>>1292744
How much did you spend? total
>>
>>1292744
About to go on my first solo backpack for a good chuck of this year and next in a few hours, getting nervous , everything's quite surreal. Wish me luck, OP. You da man
>>
>>1292763

Something like 250-300€? I stayed in hostel to save money, but then at night I went to bars and pubs, and visited tons of museum also, and bought so many stupid souvenirs for family and friends. So yeah, if you want, you can make it even cheaper. Bulgaria and Turkey especially are incredibly cheap.

>>1292926

Good luck my man! I hope this thread will help you a bit, don't worry about being nervous, it's totally normal and I had the same problem! Once you land, you will calm down in a moment
>>
>>1292744
Agreed. I have dog shit social skills but I managed to meet a ton of people some how when I was in Spain.

Solo travel is truly the best way to do it. Exactly, no drama or bs you are on your own schedule. There are friends who have asked me why would I go alone and they thought it was weird. Truth is, they are just too scared to do it themselves. Don't let people like that discourage you.

Just be logical, street smart, and always try to have a backup plan for certain situations. Otherwise you are going to have a great experience with lifelong memories.
>>
>>1292744
>>1293917
how much money is the minimal need per week?

i'm not worried about the solitude and autonomy, but need a clear idea of the basic resources i need
>>
>>1292744
Yet to even get laid and I've been in Europe for over 2 months.
>>
>>1294037
This is what's going to happen to me, can't get laid here, why would it be anything different in the rest of the world?
>>
>>1294043
I don't even try to come across as the typical seedy douchebag that's only there for a root. I just act natural, I'm usually very chatty and generally interested in their travels/story etc.

Yet the other blokes always seem to snag one, I can't bring myself up to be like that. I have too many good morals.
>>
>>1294043
Coz you'll be exotic, it's a plus in your favour.
>>
>>1292744

The one thing I hate about solo travel is how expensive a tour or excursion becomes. If it was me and three guys it would be like $75, but alone it gets ramped up to like $350. Hate it.
>>
>>1293952
I mean, it really depends on what you want to do and how long you'll be there. I saved up 3000 USD to go to Europe for 3 weeks. Because I wanted flexibility and because fuck it, it's nice to not have to worry about money.

But like one anon above said, you can get by with about 200-300€ a week. But having less money means you really need to plan and do things ahead. Because things are more expensive if you try to do it at the last minute.

One night I unexpectedly had no where to stay so I ended having to pay 100€ to stay in a hostel for one night. It was the only one with availability. So just plan things out and budget before your trip but also have emergency money for unexpected expenses.
>>
>solo travelling is amazing
Your "true" isn't the "true" to everybody. You can have good times alone, sometime you would regret being alone. Everything depends of you experience.

>who wants to travel alone but feel nervous or scared
>scared of traveling
Lol, are you a girl?

>it's better not to plan your trip with all the details
Be careful. If you traveling around holidays, like Easter or Christmas for exemple, you may not find a place to stay.

>>1294168
This.
Reting a car is always much more expensive alone.
>>
>>1294037
>why would it be anything different in the rest of the world?

It won't be different, because you are still the same person. But I will say that it is seemingly easier to talk to women when you're abroad therefore the chances of a hook up are greater. Also the mentality of sex in the rest of the world is way different from the US. Americans tend to glorify sex as most of the rest of the world sees it as a basic human function.
>>
>>1294044
Lower your expectations, and just make it your goal to get laid, if you can't you are probably too ugly or your body language is awful, us
>>
>>1294192
100? Fuck that, I had a situation like that, and I just slept on an abandoned mattress in the streets
>>
>>1292744
>just be urself bro

Sick advice, normie.

>>1294192
>I saved up 3000 USD to go to Europe for 3 weeks.

Jesus fuck. That's four times my monthly income, and I'm from Germany.
>>
>>1294272

> Sick advice, normie.

Im not saying that, faglord, what I'm saying is that having a positive attitude, a song in your heart and a smile on your face makes socializing 10x easier.
>>
>>1294192

Wtf, 100€ for a night? You should have just look for the nearest bus/train station, or simply stay awake for the night and then find another hostel in the morning.
>>
>>1294043

It's different, stop this meme. Other girls will find you exotic, plus they know they will never see you again after that one night stand so they will be more open, same thing with you.
>>
>>1294324
literally just be urself lmao
>>
>>1294349

If being yourself means being the same introvert shy stuttering sperglord that you usually are at home , then don't fucking be yourself. Instead, try to be more easy going and open to new experiences , considering you will never see again in your life the people you meet while travelling.
>>
>>1294326
Well that's why I saved up 3000$. In the event that something of that sort happened, I wouldn't have to sleep on a mattress in an alley way with my suit case.

Was that much money necessary? Obviously not.
>>
>>1294324
"Promote him!"
>>
>>1294272
How do you survive in Germany on 750 yuros/month? Is that minimal social security amount or something?

>>1294349
>>1294362
"be yourself" is valid advice for maybe 5% people

>>1294330
Nope, not true. If you are sperglord in here, you will be sperglord in there too. What's worst, other travelers will see through your powerlevel and you will be, at best, that guy in male-only group of other robots desperately trying to "be social" and "have fun" and failing miserably.
>>
>>1294651
Well if you're a sperg at all you shouldn't be traveling with the intention of having success socially. Just accept that you're bad at it and enjoy your own company. Why do need the attention of strangers to validate yourself in anyway?
>>
how easy is it to stay at a hostel for free? work a few days a week then move on to the next one type of thing
>>
>>1292744
I went travelling in california myself for two weeks, solo for the first time. It was fantastic. You already mentioned the benefits.
>>
>>1295576
Not easy at all, at least legally. In Europe it's difficult because of all the stupid laws about work we have here, it's probably easier in other places like SEA
>>
>>1295576

Wait, can you really do this?
>>
>>1296605
In the US, probably not. But worth calling and asking before hand, I guess. Every where outside of EU, US, and Canada you would probably have a good chance.
>>
>>1292744
Where are you from?
>>
Just want to add.

I've never solo traveled exactly, but I went out to a bar in my city alone a few weeks ago just said fuck it since i would never do this kind of shit. It was surprising to find that people just naturally chat you up especially if they see you alone.

I'm too much of a bitch to go up and talk to people but i'll open up right away if someone comes to me. chatted up with the bartender and a few people, hell even a really cute girl when she came up to the bar for a drink i sort of glanced her way, looked away when she glanced at me (straight beta mode) but was drunk enough to look back real quick and say a basic ass "hi" (looking away straight after still beta mode lol) but that was enough to get us talking and shit for a bit before her date or whatever came by and stood between me and her blocking me out lol at least he didn't try fuck with me..

One of the best experiences going out to bars in my city. Crazy how i'm still too much of a pussy ass bitch to go out alone again lol.
>>
>>1292744
I fully endorse OP's opinion, travelling solo can be fantastic. You just do what you want to do. No woman would actually walk 20km a day (as is sometimes happen) or go to risky places.
>>
What is it with this board and the obesessio to get laid?
Don't you get laid at home?
>>
>>1297379

At risk of sounding autistic (I mean, what doesn't on this board), part of experiencing a culture, a place, and immersing myself in it is meeting the people but especially the women. If I can combine my love for discovery with my love for women then everything becomes even better.

I spent 3 weeks roaming around Guatemala - fantastic food, lovely people, interesting culture, dress, way of life, gorgeous nature, etc. But hiking up the traditionally-styled skirt of that fat-assed Amerindian bitch who couldn't understand a word of what I was saying made everything better.

tl;dr, everything is better when you're balls deep. Also I probably have babies in the 3rd world.
>>
>>1297383
>Also I probably have babies in the 3rd world.
and aids
>>
>>1297385
he said he went to guatemala not russia
>>
>>1292746
I stayed in a shared apartment with Airbnb in Spain which had a German couple staying in one of the other rooms. They cooked me some dinner, we had an interesting chat, then I heard them fucking in the morning. So you do meet people if you do shared lodgings on Airbnb
>>
>>1297379
t. permavirgin
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.