[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Istanbul

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

I'm will be having a 5h20 layover at Istanbul Atatürk Airport. Is that enough to take a cab to the city and hang out a little? Or do I risk missing my flight?

Never had a layover before so I'm also wondering if I need to be at the airport 2h beforehand, like they always say.
>>
>>1292644
Which airport? I will plan you fast trip accordingly.
>>
>>1292647
Istanbul Atatürk Airport. On my way back I will have a layover again though, but of 11h. So I'm planning to visit the Fatih disctrict with all the big sights then (Blue Mosque, Aya Sophia, etc)

For the 5h layover I was thinking of taking a cab to the Galata tower, then head to Taksim, then to Dolmabahce and finally a uber/cab to the Bosphorus bridge. My plane leaves just after rush hour so I don't know if it's feasible with all the traffic
>>
>>1292649
OK.

From Atatürk Airport
1- take train to Aksaray 35 min or something
2- then take tram to beyazit square: 2 min walk away from station
3- see beyazıt square and grand bazaar
4- walk down to sultanahmet square from there (10 min)
5- see blue mosque, ajasofia and Basilica Cistern
6- walk 5 min on same street : you will see topkapı palace
7- if u are not tired walk like 15-20 min more you will be in eminönü (or just take tram)
8- visit other side of grand bazaar, enjoy golden horn, maybe eat fish sandwich from boats
9- pass across to bridge to karakoy
10- visit famous karakoy güllüoğlu baklava shop (5 min walk from bridge)
11- go to galata tower
12- walk to istiklal street
13- reach to taksim
14- take bus to beşiktaş; dolmabahçe palace
15- walk around beşiktaş
16- take ferry tour on phosphorus (not in 12:00; better on sunset)
17- back to taksim and airport

It is route, you cant do it in one day.. do what you can and ignore some of them. u to you. you can check some turkish hamam and waterpipe place around sultanahmet.
>>
>>1292662
Thanks for this outline. How's the traffic in Istanbul? How long does it take to go from Atattürk Airport to the centre of the city? Google maps says 30mins but idk if I should believe that
>>
It's a bit risky OP

Istanbul is an incredibly huge city, Ataturk airport is not near the main attraction of the city centre and, most important, the traffic in Istanbul can be a living hell. Also in 5 hours you wouldn't see that much of the city..
>>
>>1292672
Lines at immigration / customs can also very long at IST and if OP is an American he will have to buy a visa.
>>
>>1292676
I'm a Yuro so I can arrange an e-visa
>>
>>1292669
Traffic is horrible. So when you plan; use tram and subway. That is why i suggest route with those.

If you have 5h 20min.. Assume you have 4h30min. 1h20min will pass to going and coming. So 3 hours.. You can do 1,2,3,4,5,7 and when you reach to eminonü take the bus Aksaray and return to airport.

Aaand for the 2nd time; maybe start with 17 to 11..
>>
>>1292770
Okay so it only takes 40 mins to reach downtown, coming from Atatürk Airport? That's doable.

How long should it take to go through immigration at Atatürk Airport? I don't need to bother about my luggage since it's a connection flight so Turkish Airlines will take care of that
>>
>>1292819
Budget 30 mins if you already have a visa.
>>
>>1292819
>How long should it take to go through immigration at Atatürk Airport? I don't need to bother about my luggage since it's a connection flight so Turkish Airlines will take care of that
Really depends on time of the day. Sometimes there can be crazy lines. But i have never wait more than 20-25 mins. Dont forget between 26th Aug to 4th of Sep there is holiday. So close to those dates it will be more busy.

Also buy train/bus card; called istanbul card at airport for like 30 lira or something (~$8) .You will not find chance to buy those cards in every station. Also no cash allowed in bus and trains. Each one of pass is something like 75 cents.
>>
>>1292644
Turkish Airlines business class lounge at Istanbul really is special.
>>
>>1292834

Confirm. Best place to spend your layover at IST.
>>
>>1292834
>>1292838
What's so special about the place?
>>
>>1292834
>>1292838
Sauna? Saunas changes everything for me:D
>>
File: +9Izy6.jpg (293KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
+9Izy6.jpg
293KB, 900x600px
>>1292842
Sorry, no saunas. Try turning the shower very hot ;) Your from Finland?

The loungenis enomously big, much and good food and a lot of fun stuff:

- cinema
- pool billards
- golf simulator
- carrera race track

Love spending time there.
>>
File: 20170825_225905.png (143KB, 1508x726px) Image search: [Google]
20170825_225905.png
143KB, 1508x726px
>>1292838
They also offer you a free hotel room for longer layovers.

And also a free city tour through Istanbul if you have this symbol in your booking. See picture.
>>
>>1292832
Wait so public transport would get me to the centre of the city quicker than a taxi?
>>
>>1292912
One took me 2.5 hours from taksim to airport by taxi. Nearly missed my flight. Public transport would have been so much faster.
>>
>>1292912
do not use taxi unless u really need! especially city center taxi will stuck at traffic. best way is train!
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.