[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Canada General eTA/Visa/Work Permit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: 1.jpg (218KB, 2346x1885px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
218KB, 2346x1885px
/trv/ I have a simple question to those who are from Europe and have worked in Canada.

I'm German citizen, applied for a work permit earlier this year, and after completing the process received a letter stating this:

>A permit authorizing you to work will be issued to you on your arrival to Canada following an examination by an officer of the Canada Border Services Agency

On the second page, I can find those two sentences:

>If you are from a country/territory which requires a temporary resident visa (TRV), you have also been issued a visa.
>If you are from a country/territory which does NOT require a temporary resident visa, you have also been issued an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA).
>Your eTA is valid for multiple visits to Canada, until (yyyy/mm/dd). Your eTA number is XXXXXXX and is linked to the passport.
An actual date and number are in the letter.

Germany seems to need a TRV, therefore I have been issued a visa, if I understand this correctly.

Today I received a letter from my airline, stating:
>Guests traveling to Canada must provide eTA at check-in.

I neither have the work permit, nor the visa, since I will be given both of those things, when arriving in Canada.
I'm unsure if the eTA provided in the letter actually works, or if this is just some machine generated stuff, that is placed on each of those letters.

Do I still need to apply for an eTA, or will the letter be enough for both, the check-in and the arrival at the destination airport?

Also, Canada general, I guess?
>>
>>1292500
German's don't need temporary resident visas (you only need one if you'll work, study, etc.) and you have an eTA number.

I'm glad you won't be working for me.
>>
>>1292503
>German's don't need temporary resident visas (you only need one if you'll work).
I already said that I applied for a work permit, which pretty much tells you that I plan wo work there.
Therefore I need the TRV, as you said yourself.

The actual answer for me is:
>you have an eTA number

Thanks anyway, dickhead.
>>
>>1292500
just in case you're still struggling with this...

as the letter says you have been assigned an eTA, because the act of applying for the work permit invitation was enough to qualify for the eTA check and authorisation

the eTA is electronic and linked to your passport, when they scan the passport all the details of the eTA will come up for them

as an EU citizen you are only required to have an eTA to enter canada

the working visa has not been issued to you and will not be issued to you until you land in canada and present your letter of invitation

the immigration officer will decide if you have met the requirements of the invitation letter, like having a resume, suitable health insurance etc and will grant you the working visa that you qualify for (health work requires more checks)

pro-tip if you want to stay the maximum you can, make sure your insurance covers that time period (2 years i think) from your arrival or you will only get a visa for as long as your insurance covers you

i'm going from memory so make sure you know the rules yourself
>>
>>1292500
Fuck off we're full.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.