[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Travelling with 0 money

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: Travel.jpg (556KB, 1775x2489px) Image search: [Google]
Travel.jpg
556KB, 1775x2489px
Hi /trv/,

I think this is my first post on this board, it will probably be my starting point.

I was homeless for around a month, and even tough it was a harsh experience, part of me saw it as an adventure, and i've always dreamed of going in a big road trip without destiny, without money.

I live in Portugal, and my goals are:

>To leave the country (Spain probably)
>To be able to eat everyday (Not necessarily full meals, just what i need to keep on going)
>To find someone willing to go on this trip with me, and i am willing to find him/her on any point of this trip.

To be able to do this i need some advice:
>How to keep myself safe/avoid danger.
>How to find/steal/gather food
>How to deal with the weather
>A logical route to follow.
>Websites / Apps that help in this situation.

My english is kinda rusty, anything you don't understand please just ask !
>>
Guy, I am a total beginner from Germany but I want to get into hiking. I found the perfect route.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E3_European_long_distance_path

I am currently unemployed and have enough time for an ebin adventure
>>
>>1291799
Let's meet somewhere around the world ! :D
Germany is definitely too far for me as a first destiny
>>
File: 1497395699680.jpg (15KB, 319x331px) Image search: [Google]
1497395699680.jpg
15KB, 319x331px
>>1291800
It'd definitely be cool though to go on some epic quest with somebody you have never met.
>>
>>1291801
Thing is, the internet is hard to trust, meeting people in the journey would be way better.

A breath-taking experience nonetheless.
>>
Shameless bump
>>
>>1291795
I don't travel like that, but I guess I would:
Buy pic related.
Get an Android with an xlnt battery life.
Preload routes to all the LIDL and Aldi shops.
Start walking the pilgrimate routes (never alone).
Consider some kind of online gig or handicraft (weaving bracelets or whatever).
>>
>>1291831
Currently i have no smartphone or phone for that matter, and i was considering taking an old computer to substitute that.
Not really ideal, but what would i use the phone for?
>>
>>1291836
>what would i use the phone for?
Given the context of his post as a GPS/navigation system. And obviously for emergencies
>>
>>1291795
Em que zona estás agora? No Norte, Centro ou Sul?
>>
>>1291857
Perto de Lisboa
>>
>>1291857
És tu quem me irá salvar?
>>
>>1291795
This sounds so silly
>>
>>1291862
There are lots of people who did this, and the goal behind it is the experience, what do you really need to live?
>>
>>1291858
>>1291860
Ah. É pena pois estou no Norte. Infelizmente tenho várias coisas marcadas etc, e agora não me dá jeito nenhum, então não dá, desculpa bro :(. Boa sorte tho!
>>
>>1291863
I agree , but OP sounds... idk, a bit immature. He should atleast go with SOME money, a couple hundred /thousand.

>How to keep myself safe/avoid danger.
>How to find/steal/gather food
>How to deal with the weather
>A logical route to follow.
>Websites / Apps that help in this situation.

Most of this stuff is common sense and quick googling .
>>
>>1291869
>He should atleast go with SOME money, a couple hundred /thousand
You have missed the part where he said he was recently homeless
>>
>>1291872
Get a job and or welfare. Save up whatever he can, it's not hard.
I know Portugal is a shit hole but fuck me
>>
>>1291869
Some money of course, but not even close to hundreds /thousands... i may also work for a few days to get something to start off.
>>
File: 4QLYrPg.jpg (14KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
4QLYrPg.jpg
14KB, 225x225px
>>1291874
>>
>>1291875
When do you plan on setting out?
>>
>>1291878
In a week or so, something relatively close to that.
>>
>>1291880
Where do you aim to go? If you got an email we could maybe meet on travels
>>
>>1291882
I would like to travel in portugal for a bit, meet some locals and hopefully go to some trance parties, but i would really like to go to spain for a starter...

Where are you currently?
>>
>>1291883
Ah, you're too far out. If you think of hitting France in Autumn though?
>>
>>1291884
That is a possibility, i have no idea how long it would take me, but id guess around a month.

[email protected] here is a freshly creted e-mail
>>
File: 51kyg5N2M8L[1].jpg (38KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
51kyg5N2M8L[1].jpg
38KB, 500x500px
>>1291836
>what would i use the phone for?
As the other guy said, navigation, to keep on the path, and find the nearest budget supermarket. I could live on €3 a day if I had Lidl access. No need to steal then. (though I don't care if you shoplift, but it could get you into trouble)

I suggest you consider dumpster diving outside supermarkets too.
>>
>>1291895
Dumpster diving is becoming more and more of an option, and i would live on 3€ a day too, the ! no money trip" thing is about having such a small amount of money that it's not even considered money.

However in my country i've never seen supermarkets throw their stuff in dumpsters, have to search
>>
>>1291874
it's not that bad :/
>>
>>1291898
>in my country i've never seen supermarkets throw their stuff in dumpsters

They must do. They literally have mountains of expired shit to get rid of. I tried to Google food wastage in Portugal, but did not locate any stats. Found this app instead for people that give away food that is soon to expire. Did not locate anything in Portugal, but there is 6kg of laughing cow queso with your name on it in Madrid https://olioex.com/food-waste-in/spain/madrid/76517-laughing-cow-cheese/

Anyway. You have a cool plan. Boa Sorte.

Also... have you considered a bicycle? A mate of mine cycled to China... It costs about the same as walking, but you'll move 4x as fast.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.