[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why so many eastern euro girls working at the beach over the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: tanya1234567890.png (1MB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
tanya1234567890.png
1MB, 1024x1024px
Why so many eastern euro girls working at the beach over the summer?

In Ocean City, Delaware this week. Every surf shop has a hot, white euro (I assume eastern euro from the accent) chick at the counter. Why?
>>
>>1291585
Fuck off, sage. Not to do with /trv/
>>
>>1291585
Students on J1 visas. Very common in a lot of low paying seasonal jobs. The money they make in one summer will last them all winter back home.

I knew this Bulgarian kid that worked as a dishwasher in Alaska during the summer and was getting his Master's in Music Education back home.

As for the inevitable "why don't they give these jobs to Americans!?!" question.

1. Some do, mostly students (although they tend to go for higher paying guide and hospitality jobs)
2. Since it's not year round work, it's harder to make a living domestically.
3. A lot of Americans honestly just don't know about these jobs.
>>
And to kinda keep this on topic, seasonal work can be a great way to /trv/ if you're willing to commit to it. You don't make as much money, but you keep more of what you make. You move around a lot to new work locations and you usually have a big chunk of time off in the spring and fall to do whatever you want.
>>
>>1291730
Solid answer mate, thanks
>>
>>1291730
Interesting this. I met a Bulgarian guy in Hawaii last year who did half a year working in Alaska. He said he worked for half a year in New Jersey a few years back. Apparently there's some visa program for Bulgarians where it's easy for them to get a short term work visas to work in places where seasonal workers are needed. Apparently Alaska is a common place for them to go because there's a labor shortage there as people don't want to move there. He mentioned that he worked nigh shifts at a walmart and it was pretty much only Bulgarians working there.

He was getting his bachelor's back in Bulgaria.
>>
>>1291730
Another point: the kids who live in shore towns either have these jobs or don't -I imagine it's a bit of a right of passage but you move on- but how is any other teen from elsewhere going to commute to this job?

I used to go to South Jersey every summer and back in the late '90s/early '00s there were actually a lot of Irish teens/twentysomethings for some reason. They were gradually replaced by Russians/Ukrainians/etc/
>>
>>1291585

We had a ton of Russians work seasonally at our local Water Park

They were super quiet at first but really cool once they warmed up to you

They got endearingly excited for 4th of July stuff
>>
>>1291776
Thing about Alaska is that there's huge demand for grunt labor in the summer and almost none in the winter. Fishing is a big employer but tourism is up there, too. Case in point, Skagway. The year round population of Skagway is about 600, but the summertime population is almost 3000. It's a deep water port so the cruise ships stop there, on a 4 ship day the boats will vomit up to 10,000 people into downtown.

To handle all that, the town floods with students, J1s, ski bums, etc and then in September they're gone and the town closes up.

>>1291789
Part of it has to do with where the State Department decides to issue J1s from, it changes over time. The shifts in demographics also happen as groups of workers age out and stay at home. Once this generation of Bulgarians finishes college then they might be replaced by Greeks or Filipino or whoever can get a visa and a foot in the door.
>>
why don't you ever man up and ask them pussy?
>>
My girlfriends russian friend was working in Delaware this summer..... smokin hot, wide hips, russian beauty.....

Hit them up man, they are only here so long, gotta catch them while they are in season.....
>>
>>1291730
what's the highest paying seasonal job in alaska? no degree
>>
>>1293946
In the tourism business? Probably CDL driver, especially if you can drive the big motor coaches.

But even if you've just got basic passenger endorsement you can make a lot of money driving the smaller tour shuttles.

There's higher paying jobs in fishing and heavy equipment operation but those are the really dangerous jobs and tend to not be in fun locations.

But even shit jobs can pay pretty well in Alaska. I've seen dishwasher jobs offering $11-$12/hr plus season bonus (typically +$1/hr worked) and in Alaska anything over 40 a week OR 8 hours a day is overtime. So if you're smart with saving and willing to stay late you can make pretty good money just pushing a broom.
>>
>>1293946
>>1293955
BTW if you're saying "but I don't have a CDL!" there are tour companies that will pay for your training as long as you don't bail early on your contract.
>>
>>1291585
Cape Cod is the same way. They get temp work visas for the summer months. then vanish along with the tourists.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.