[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going to Cuba

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: cu.png (47KB, 2560x1280px) Image search: [Google]
cu.png
47KB, 2560x1280px
Non American flying with GF to cuba on Friday.
Any advice and tips much appreciated.

We will stay for 14 days.
Itinerary: Stay 4 days in havanna, then go to vinales for a few days and travel to trinidad for another few days.
Staying the last 4 days in varadero, rest will be pasa particulares.

How to get around? We don't want to rent a car, so probably by bus (viazul).
Any traps to avoid?
>>
>>1290900
Avoid giving the government your money whenever possible, don't buy cigars or rum from anyone except private hosts (at casas particulares) don't talk politics with anyone

Food-wise I strongly recommend you stay away from any place that is not a paladar, including hotel restaurants, for both quality and health reasons

When it comes to getting around viazul will do you fine, but if you can swing some extra coin a private driver is a good idea, especially for when you're getting around the city

If you have any other specific questions about havana feel free to ask
>>
>>1290900
I used viazul for travelling longer distances i.e. havana to santiago. Shorter distances was generally easier getting a lift - 15 CUC from havana to varadero - just make sure that you are clear as to the price and destination before getting in the car. There's still a chance that they may ask for more when you arrive. This applies to taxis in the city too.
Most people will be trying to get some money out of you. Often this was someone walking with you where you are going, most gave a good conversation and gave good tips and then when you parted ways would ask for some money to buy oil for their family so gave them 1 or 2 CUC or some pesos and they would be happy with that. People will try and get you to take them into clubs and buy drinks but it's not so bad when a bottle of rum is less than 5 CUC.
Only major scam I fell for was when someone got me to buy milk for their child and then ran off and I had to pay 40 CUC for it. Just try and stay smart.
>>
>>1290909
>don't talk politics with anyone
Why not? I found Cubans were eager to tell me about politics and such.
>>
>>1290909
This, this
>>
What are the best cigar and rum brands in Cuba?
>>
>>1291076
The finest cigars are Cohibas but they're even in cuba kinda expensive but even the H. Upmann or romeo y julieta are top tier and you can usually get a crate of 25 for a few pesos from your cp hosts.
Rum: Bang for the buck the 3 year old Havana Club, the bottle usually goes for 2-3.50 CUC and works for all the drinks. Top tier would be the 20 year old Santiago or selection de maestro from Havana Club for something like 20CUC per bottle in the stores... Best tip: try all of them, a bottle of the simple stuff won't be more then 5CUC so try them all and share the bottles with others.
The 0.33 tukola (coke) will cost you 0.5 CUC so for a typical drink the soda is more expensive then the rum.
Beer usually goes for 0.75-1.50 CUC and imo the Bucanero is great.
>>
>>1291076
found this list a while ago
http://yulcigars dot blogspot dot com
>>
I've got a few questions.

How likely am I to get any trouble from officials when entering Cuba if I don't have booked reservation at either hotel or casa particular? Regarding money, how do I go about it? I know ATMs are not abundant, so do I keep most of my cash on me or can I withdraw it with a credit card on a daily basis? How's haggling in Cuba? Do I have to haggle with everyone and how touchy are they in this regard? Do I bring any gifts to hosts in casas?
>>
definitely check out the prostitutes when you are there. They're probably the best looking for the price anywhere in the world.
>>
>>1291520
>How likely am I to get any trouble from officials when entering Cuba if I don't have booked reservation at either hotel or casa particular?
Not at all.

>Regarding money, how do I go about it? I know ATMs are not abundant, so do I keep most of my cash on me or can I withdraw it with a credit card on a daily basis?
Make sure you have enough cash on you when you arrive. Exchange in cadeca's.

>How's haggling in Cuba? Do I have to haggle with everyone and how touchy are they in this regard?
Haggle if there are no fixed prices.

>Do I bring any gifts to hosts in casas?
Not necessarily.
>>
>>1291536
Fucking leaf detected
>>
whats a paladar
>>
>>1291536
What's a good spot to find decent prostitutes? Havana? how tolerated is it socially?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.