[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Visiting Glasgow / Scotland

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: sfg.jpg (82KB, 810x540px) Image search: [Google]
sfg.jpg
82KB, 810x540px
I'll be staying for 4 to 6 weeks in Glasgow for work and will probably visit the Highlands in the weekends... that said, I've heard/read that Glasgow has a rather high crime rate and stabbings and outright hostility towards non-Scots are pretty common... Red pill me bros.
>>
Glasgow is much safer than London. There's no reason to be scared there. Yes there are some poor estates where the life expectancy has dropped to 53 but you won't have any business there anyway.
>>
>>1290624
Yeah someone was winding up you up M8. I've been here 8 years and never had any bother, even when Ive been stinking drunk in rough parts of town. I also lived in Highlands for a while and know both places quiet well. Ask me anything.
>>
>>1290642
Without being too much of a hassle, how is it around town, what places to avoid, are transports ok like subway and buses, just general tips and advice you might have for a portuguese guy about to spend some time there.
>>
>>1290624
Stay away from football pubs and smackheids and you will be alright.
>>
>>1290624
>I've heard/read that Glasgow has a rather high crime rate and stabbings and outright hostility towards non-Scots are pretty common
Where did you read that nonsense? The /brit/ generals on /int/? Stay out of the impoverished housing estates at night, which you would have no reason to visit, and avoid getting into arguments with drunks, and you won't have a problem.
>>
>>1290652
No problem pal. Easy enough to get about town. The west end has the nicest tourist stuff In walking distance. Check out Ashton Lane, Glasgow University cloisters, Kelvingrove park. If you wanna go for a classy drink head to the area called Finnieston and go to the new bars, if you wanna see some Highland drinking jump into the park bar or the islay inn. You might even hear some traditional music or gaelic spoken. If you wanna have a wild one head to the clubs on Sauchiehall street. If you wanna avoid mental drunkenness stay clear of Sauchiehall St at 3am desu though you only might find yourself in trouble if you wound up in a rough scheme/housing estate but honestly you'll never wind up there. People are genuinely very friendly (almost intimidatingly so) most would be very interested in someone from Portugal and would want to know a bit about yah. The subway is a great way to get around town. Tbh I cycle ever where and it's a very walkable city. Any more questions M8? I'm happy to answer
>>
>>1290652
https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/ppmq3y/the-vice-guide-to-glasgow-2014-398
Good bit of info but take with a pinch of salt. Ignore nonsense about that club in paisley and head to Subclub on Jamaica St if you like your music.
>>
Glasgow is a down to earth and friendly city, much more so than Edinburgh. You shouldn't find yourself in any rough areas.
>>
quick related question: is it possible to visit Borthwick Castle or is it closed to the public? I know it's a hotel and so on but can you also visit it like a museum?
>>
Your English is perfect. Why not email them?
[email protected]
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.