[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on taking a 10k loan to backpack sea for 3 months? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1667.jpg (102KB, 500x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1667.jpg
102KB, 500x480px
Thoughts on taking a 10k loan to backpack sea for 3 months? I don't have enough time to save as I need to leave in December at the latest.
>>
Absolutely not, no. This is one of the stupidest posts of all time on /trv/. Do not take loans to provide spending money. You take loans to finance transition to a position of higher earnings/assets; otherwise you will find yourself in a spiral of debt you FUCKING IDIOT
>>
10k seems a bit extravagant for SE Asia
>>
Yeah. This stinks as an idea. You're fucking yourself for what? Three months of your life you're going to pay off for the next few years. You're going to spiral into debt and only have a few memories to take from it.

Please either save and go for it or aim for somewhere else with the money you have.

There is something that makes you value something a lot more if you have to work for it.
>>
>>1290391
Why not get a job somewhere seasonal instead...and work a waiter or beach resort job or ski area, tourist shop...party a bit while working and living cheaply and save money. Be a tutor. Take classes. Or better yet, go do some internship or resume work.

WTF idiocy is loans for money you don't have. You _earn_ vacations, and that's why they feel good.
>>
>>1290432
>>1290443
Spiral into debt?
He's only going to do that if he's shitty with money
I got a 3k loan to go traveling with my mates when i was 19 that I paid off in less than a year. That was for flights and accomodation only though.
Unless OP is intentionally shitty with money, it's not exactly hard to pay off a loan on a weekly basis
Again though, 10k seems a bit extravagant for me
>>
>>1290448
Thank you mate. Op here. I work full time and save a lot but i only have the time to travel between December and feb and I can't save enough normally to go. I know 10k might be a lot but I probably won't spend it all anyway.
>>
>>1290451
So don't take 10k. Borrow enough from for flights and accomodation and save as much as possible for spending money
I was in a similar position to yours but even then I knew a loan was not the smartest option; I was just lucky to have a full time seasonal job as well as as my part time job
>>
>>1290391
dude, 3.3K/month?

what the fuck are you going to do with that much?

you do know how cheap it is there right?
the only thing you can buy with that much is the "forget you are in asia" experiance, eat only western food, stay in western places, take tours every day
>>
OP is dead set on doing what he wants, no point trying to talk him out of it. Retards are retards.
>>
Thats a stupid amount of money for that, but taking out a loan for it is fine as long as you are POSITIVE you can pay it off. It will only help you build credit for future loans.
>>
>>1290391
take 50 and stay for a year or three
>>
>>1290472
>dude, 3.3K/month?
>what the fuck are you going to do with that much?
What if he want to spend on hookers all those money? $3000 per month is $100 per day, its usual price for night with young girl in Vietnam or Burma.
>>
I opened a $10k line of credit for travel purposes.

The reason I did this is because I already need to use a credit card for most travel expenses anyway. Rather than continue to pay credit card debt with 20% interest, I would rather put it on my line of credit with only 8% interest.
>>
>>1290391
If you're a us citizen you have a very valuable thing which is your passport. Go use it to teach english to foreign kids and travel around.
>>
>>1290573
To be a teacher, you generally need a degree and/or teaching experience.
>>
>>1290575
So get one its relatively easy, or go work even a mcD or something
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.