[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Georgia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: Georgia_flag_map.png (36KB, 2048x1063px) Image search: [Google]
Georgia_flag_map.png
36KB, 2048x1063px
Georgia thread.
I'm going to Georgia in the next week, my plan is to visit Batumi and Tfilisi but I'm open to other place recommendations. Do you have any advice for these two cities? How much should I expect to spend in a week if I'd stay at a hostel but want to eat local quality food and get drunk at least 2 or 3 nights? Any recommendent foods/drinks? How are the girls and night life? Would it worth the bother if I'm not into clubbing etc?
Also has anyone been to One Caucaus fest? What's the atmosphere like?
>>
>>1290148
I was there in 2015 in old town hostwl in Tblisi, if Georgi is still working there say hi for me (he is a super friendly person and will tell you all about Georgia even the parts he hasn't been but knows from literature) ask for local food places which are super cheap and super good. Everyone was kind of willing to give you directions or advice but beware that if they offer "tours" it usually is very amateurish but it also costs almost nothing that it doesn't really matter.

Ask around with other travellers where they're going since they might know nice excursions. This was how I got to this place: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g1596951-d3321939-Reviews-Nato_Lado_Guesthouse-Signagi_Kakheti_Region.html
They're quite friendly and offer plenty of booze, it's best to travel here with others since Signagi is pretty empty but you can go for some heavy drinking. I walked over a car there funnily enough. Along the border with Georgia and Azerbeidjan there is an interesting walk with some monastery ruins and interesting monasteries.

I also really enjoyed traveling north along the military highway to the mountains as they were very beautiful for (day)hikes.

There were really many places to go to and the ones I mentioned were nice for the price they cost but they were also kind of low quality in many ways but it was onw of the best holidays I ever had because of the friends I made, but that was maybe just luck on my part.

An interesting side travel might be to go to Yerevan by night train (and drink a lot in said train) and explore Armenia for a week.

Georgia itself can bw thoroughly be explored in about 3 weeks in my opinion.

I hope you can use this information as it is kind of unstructured but I'm on my phone so I can't really neaten it up.

Peace, love and let me know if you need any more information.
>>
i'd recommend a day trip to gori (stalin's hometown)
>>
Borjomi has the best water I've ever hand, but Georgian mineral waters in general really delicious! Try em out! Ushguli seems like an interesting place, it's the strange tower village.
>>
>>1290148
make sure you check out the varsity and swing by the world of coke
>>
>>1290181
what is varsity and how do i go about doing the latter?
>>1290173
anything to see except stalin related stuff?
>>1290180
first time someone is recommending me water from a place, but I definitele will try, I drink a lot of mineral water anyway. Where is this Ushguli?
>>1290172
Noted, but the hostel seems to have only private rooms, was that the case when you went there? And looks a bit shady desu, but I'll keep it in mind.
>There were really many places to go to and the ones I mentioned were nice for the price they cost
Could you give some info on those places?
>>
>>1290181
Nah, OP should swing by South Georgia and see the penguins and seals.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.