[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Travelling alone ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: aaaaaaaaa.jpg (415KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaaaaa.jpg
415KB, 1280x853px
You guys probably had this thread a thousand times but i'm still asking
All my friends are back to work and i have three weeks to kill, thinking of going somewhere but i'd be alone or have t do of those planned tours

Do you guys travel alone or in group ?
If alone, how do you even meet people to go with you ?
I mean i live in a very touristic city, i go out regularly but i have never ever hung out with random tourists et's be honest

I'm not worried at all about safety i come from a shithole but still i'm just afraid i wouldn't really meet anybody
>>
I feel bad about being socially retarded until I see people like OP hyperventilating at the idea of being separated from a social setting for more than 24 hours. I'm glad I'm not tied down to other people's needs and limitations.

Also, does anyone know where that pic is?
>>
>>1289906
It's not like i've never been alone for a long time before you know, but those aren't exactly great memories
So do do you just stay alone the whole trip and go sightseeing then ?

I mean i keep hearing "yeah you should go abroad and meet wonderful new people" and so on propaganda, but in real life tourists are always in groups
>>
>>1289906
I concur whole heartedly with this post.

The pic is in Slovenia.
>>
I prefer to roll solo in most situations you tend to be judged by the company you keep so your often times prejudged people will be more hesitant to talk to you. Another thing to consider is when your with friends everything is a vote or majority rules when your solo there are no rules you do what you want this is good or bad depending on your personality, some people need that joker with them to "lighten" the mood or the alpha male to protect them if things get to crazy.
>>
>>1289905
Unless you're going to like Kyrgyzstan or South Sudan, you'll likely be on a tourist trail of one kind or another. People will want to find others to travel with. Stay in hostels, be friendly to everyone, when you walk into your room say hi to everyone and if you walk in and there's no one there but people come in be sure to say hi as well. In the evening go to the common room or wherever people are sitting around and just say hi to people who look like you might have something in common with.

I also suggest signing up to facebook groups for the country you're going to. In places like Australia there's like 15 travel groups for backpackers. I know there's pretty much at least one for every Asian country but for places like Thailand there's a few.

Also, don't be afraid to just do things on your own. Remember, if you fuck up no one will know because you'll never see those people again.
>>
Travelling alone in Western/Northern Europe (spensive) and South/South East Asia (cheap) where there are lots of solo travellers is easy by yourself. Dunno about America. If you stay in hostels you will meet people doing the same thing and make friends if you talk to people. That also gives you good ideas as to where to go next if you're talking to people going the opposite direction to you. There's also the advantage of being able to do whatever you want and not visit 20 floating markets or temples or churches that are exactly the same as the last one you visited.

Planned tours can be fun just make sure the itinerary is what you want to do. I've done Topdeck in the past and it was a good laugh. You get a ready made group. Depends where you're going really. If it's somewhere a bit more hairy where you don't speak the language like maybe North Africa it's probably worth doing a tour.
>>
>>1289971
Have you been to Norway? I'm headed there for 3 weeks soon and I'll be doing about 9 days of that solo. It doesn't look like there's many hostels around outside the larger cities so I'm curious if you still had no problems finding people to hang with
>>
>>1289991
Haven't been to Norway, sorry. Generally, if you meet people in hostels who have time on their hands and you can sell a place to go to after, you can sometimes convince people to go with you. I usually start in a big city where I know there will be lots of people travelling, and meet people there, then aim to travel with them
>>
>>1289905
Maybe I'm just lucky, but it seems when I am alone there's always someone or even à group of person to get me out of my loneliness, because I'm pretty solo.
Here's my advice: just sit somewhere dressed classy or in à funny way or just /fa/, with or without special items, looking mysterious does help, a sexy accent too after (italian or french)
Works best in usa, doesn't work where I live in France (last time it worked for me on France where on a international youth hostel..)
My favorite spot are small music venues. Just looking like a gringo catch the attention
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.