[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finesse the system?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

If theres one piece of advice I constanly get about flying home its...
DON'T FLY S P I R I T

But im tight on money, so it'll have to do, and they nickel and dime the fuck out of anyone that doesn't follow regulations, so I have to maneuver carefully.

So to save money I've done the following already
>bare minimum bags
>not picking seat
>no flying insurance
>flying out on thurs and back on a Monday
So far Im going to pay around 120 roundtrip

But im going home for 10 days and i need more clothes than 1 bag.

So I came up with a retarded plan, and i wanted some opinions on how it would work
>stuff extra bag into backpack
>wear several layers of clothes
>1 jacket, 3 (thin) shirts, 2 pants, and 2 pairs of socks
>wait until boarded on plane
>go to bathroom with extra bag tucked in pants
>stuff all clothes in bag
>walk out like nothing ever happened and save 50$ on baggage fees

Would this work? Can i get through TSA like this? Where specifically would they check how many bags i have?

>im flying from chicago IL to oakland CA

>tldr: im making a plan to wear several clothes to avoid bagging fees on an airline.

Also if anyone has more money saving tips, feel free to shoot em this way.
>>
>>1288425
They will tell you to check your bag if it has no label on it at the gate
>>
>>1288425
>Would this work?
Preface: I'm a European, never been to the States.
It *might* work, but I can imagine wearing lots of clothes like you could make some eyebrows go up at the TSA. Still, try it and report back. If nothing else, you'll have struck a blow for science.
>>
Why are you being a faggot? Pack as much as they allow and be fucking done with it. I fly almost exclusively low cost and follow their rules. I get to my destination on time (most of the time we're ahead). It's pleasant, cheap AF (to the point I feel guilty and buy something from the food cart) and safe.

My last flight sounds like something you're asking though:

I wore a jacket and the heaviest boots (military) during flight (it is summer, so it was out of place for both clothing items). Everything else, including a day bag, was stuffed onto my free carry on. At both airports I had everything in though. As they would check at check-in and right before boarding for the amount and size of bags. Can't sneak beyond that.

Also this was Europe.
>>
>>1288425
TSA doesn't give a fuck but the gate agents who board the plane do. You'll end up paying twice as much when they stop you at the gate and delay boarding for the other 100 already miserable spirit passengers
>>
>>1288425
the best way is to smuggle your clothes in your ass.
>>
>>1288604
>>1288721
>at the gate
No, i was not planning on doing it prior to boarding. My plan order is
>board plane
>rush to bathroom with backpack
>pretend to shit
>stuff all my clothes in the extra bag
>walk out and act like i had two bags from the start
>put both bags in overhead compartment

Like i said, its a retarded fucking plan, but im going super economic and I have to make this shit work
>>
>>1288425
What are Spirit weight and size limits for carry on?

We must accept the reality of cheap travel.
>>
>>1288809
Its 40 LBS as of right now but i overheard they are going to allow bigger bags, and more weight soon
>>
File: 1-UhSKwMCmpvVHpkG1b10YkA.jpg (225KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1-UhSKwMCmpvVHpkG1b10YkA.jpg
225KB, 1600x1200px
fuck that piss yellow airline
they jammed me twice, in a real bad way, after some good years with them.

JetBlue ftw.

Anyway, here's a Spirit trick we used alot, works at FLL. After you get your boarding passes, you get herded into a "velvet rope" line where, at the entrance, the "baggage nazis" make sure you paid for your carry ons. Go thru empty. But have someone bring a bag or two after that checkpoint (its before TSA, so no worries) and give it to you a little sly like over the rope, a little past the "Bag Nazis" entrance. Worked 100% of the time.

Also, when doing checked bags (this takes practice) and your overweight (check before you get to airport they will charge if you are 2lbs over),
As soon as you put your bag on scale, I use my foot (size 14) under the scale and " force toe up" the scale, and hold it (thats the tricky part) under the weight limit.. Wifey and kid always overpacks.
Works on most scales.. Agents only glance at it for a second. Then hand bag over to agent, or the floor right afterwards..

But again, Spirit is a shit.
>>
>>1288425
You cannot finesse the system OP.
You can only get hit with an instant $150 charge on the spot. It. will. not. work.

The difference between Spirit and anyone else is that you think $150 is good until you pay another $100 on top of that for their extra fees. There will never ever be a discount to fly Spirit unless you go emptyhanded, no carryon. Like uhh, ship your bags via ups and bring your wallet and no carryon. The big difference, and why you think $25 is only $25 is your newb nature. They will gig you for checking the bag at the gate 4x more than doing it online.

Flying southwest or jetblue means not only free carryon, but also free checked bag.

Flying frontier, allegient and a couple other snowbird and seasonal carriers going to second tier airports part of the year are some regional cheapies. But, you can get similar deals on american or delta. I rarely see that united has my best price the past two years. If you are free to miss work, by all means gamble on Spirit, but know if they get a mechanical they will not want to put you in a hotel, or even bring in new equipment, or roll you into one of their 30 other flights that day like Delta. Flight is simply cancelled. Will that cost you more? Will you spend $15 on a bottled water and bagel in the terminal since you won't get snacks onboard? Will you arrive with a backache and leg ache, or experience a delay. Is that worth $20 to you?

Spirit is for novices who don't understand the system yet. They count on you being gullible. They pay their crew like shit too.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.