[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which is cheaper & less of a hassle?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: vm-lgflag.gif (11KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
vm-lgflag.gif
11KB, 400x267px
So headed to S.E.A. in Jan. My plans include Vietnam. I know as an American I need a visa.
And to help my wallet and my sanity:
>Is it easier to obtain it while I'm in Bangkok or Cambodia (Phenm Pehn, or sihanoukville)?
>Or, try to get it here in the US?
(BTW the e-visa I've tried to get the passport photo right but the loading time to test the photo out loads continuously).
>>
>>1287935
I did it in 2 hours in BKK. Turned 5 minutes before morning closing, paid for same day, came back at afternoon closing, collected visa. There are nearby photographers who can do the right photos but I usually have a collection of different backgrounds and sizes.
>>
>>1288185
*Afternoon opening
>>
>>1288185
Where do you go in Bangkok to get the visa? Heading there next month, I hope.
>>
>>1289629
The viet consulate of course. It's near soukamvit
>>
Tried doing the e-visa thing, they redirected me to a payment site that doesn't accept Bitcoin. Who the fuck is so behind the times that they don't take Bitcoin in 2017?!??!
>>
>>1288185
Thanks friend.
>>
>>1288185
hmmm i'm slow and i might do the same thing, so just to be sure

>fly into bangkok
>go to viet consulate
>apply for visa
>get photograph
>get visa
?

sounds pretty cool, is that right?
>>
>>1289764
>Who the fuck is so behind the times that they don't take Bitcoin in 2017
Hi /g/

>>1289856
You need the photo first but you can go to a shop near the consulate, there are several around the corner.

>go to consulate
>go around corner and get photograph
>go back and apply for visa and pay for same-day service
>go for lunch
>go back and collect visa

China is a PitA but Vietnam is easy.
>>
>>1289764
I literally have never seen Bitcoin used as a means of payment for traditional types of service, except for independently-owned coffee shops.
>>
>>1287935
I'll just pop in two brief Vietnam questions in here if I may.
1. Whiteboy buying weed and getting high in his own flat. Reasonably safe?

2. Approximate internet speed in rented flats in Da Nang/Hoi An/Hue area?
>>
>>1287935
Vietnam is terrible. Unless you get your own motorbike it's not worth it. The tourism industry in the country has ruined all the fun. Saigon and Hanoï are cool. All you will hear hereis Ed Sheeran shape of you, despacito, drunk packs of Brits and Australian Shepherd everywhere. Locals hardened by these groups. Struggle to find an real culture. Thepeople are extreme consumerists, due to the negative influence of China and Korea. I have been here two months and feel I have only seen the real Vietnam outside the bus window between towns on the hostel route. Like I said get your own bike. Vietnam sucks so far.
>>
>>1291174
discouraging.

maybe ill just go back to china

what do you think? china drives me nits thiugh. its not made for humans
>>
>>1291182
China is definitely better. Myanmar if you want a change. Vietnam is blown out. It is so disappointing, the beach here on cat ba island is dirtier than any beach I went to in India. Vietnam is filled with people who can't handle doing anything for themselves. I'be been traveling a year and it's the most depressing place I've been. I would recommend anywhere else to be honest, unless you want to get drunk, listen to shitty Western pop and have a bus take you everywhere.
>>
>>1291186
i was hoping to have decent conversations at a beach or beachish place, and meet some cute girls.

chinese are some of the smartest people ive ever met, or at least the businessmen in hostels are. and in working on my chinese. the problem is that most of china isnt terribly pleasant.

people in southeast asia have good enough english but the problem is even if they are fluent they dont have much of interest to say. theyvjust arent terribly bright.

vietnam sounded lije a decent conpromise. hainan ia kind of awful too. people said the beaches in guandong are nice. maybe ill go there
>>
>>1291186

>the beach here on cat ba island is dirtier than any beach I went to in India

lol is that one where woodstock hostel is?
>>
>>1290631
>1. Whiteboy buying weed and getting high in his own flat. Reasonably safe?
Weed is probably OK, my highschool friends got weed into a resort, though the place isn't exactly popular. You may get fake weed though.
>2. Approximate internet speed in rented flats in Da Nang/Hoi An/Hue area?
Usable. It really depends on the place, so read reviews.

>>1291186
Da Nang got nice beaches, they're very clean. Especially the ones in resorts, though they're expensive.
>>
I'm thinking of teaching English in Vietnam. The money is better than what i make back home in the US. I'm in HCMC now after coming down from Hanoi, just to see which i like better.

Hanoi was pretty cool but i didn't like how hard it was to walk around the city and the lack of gyms. Also i was in the old quarter and it was ready tough to extricate myself from there.

Saigon seems nice but I've only been here a few hours and I'm not in a neighborhood with nightlife, not that that's my thing.

Does this thread have any suggestions?
>>
>>1291740
>internet speed
>usable
Thanks. I just wonder if it is possible to get any internet speeds approximating first world. I might need to upload 500mb a day, I guess 0.5 Mbps up might work, 1 Mbps would be amazing. Not too many lost packets though.
>>
>>1291186
Well you picked one of the most famous parts of Vietnam to go to. Try Co To island. Great beaches, by very undeveloped. Also I'm in Phu Quoc now. Cool place, nice beaches, plenty of tourists, but a good amount of space. Always rent a motorcycle.
>>
>>1292237 here

HCMC district 1, 3, or 10?
>>
>>1292237
Get a job at VUS or ILA. Live in Binh Thanh or District 2.
>>
>>1292244
There's always LTE if it gets too bad. Pic related.
Most of them are on fiber now I think, which is 20/20 for the lowest tier. Which is shared among everyone in that building.
>>
I'm in hcmc now.

Looking to get an easy teaching job I can coast through with little to no dancing white ape shenanigans forced upon me. Do they exist? I applied for one job, and it seemed pretty bad. I had to turn the job down.

Also, what's the best way to extend visas while in country?

>>1292237
>I'm thinking of teaching English in Vietnam. The money is better than what i make back home in the US

Kek do you work in fast food or something? Most salaries I've seen pay at most $1200 - $2000 usd a month. Not great by any means.
>>
>>1293197
That's a ton when you live here though.
You can get by pretty OK with less than $500 a month.
>>
>>1293167
Thank you based Viet Cong. Approximately how much does a 10gigabyte package (or whatever size they are sold in) cost with that company?
>>
>>1293230
10GB is 200.000/mo which is ~$9.
I'm using the 1GB plan, but I've never used it up.
Also they're selling 60GB/mo sims but those are more for long term usage.
>>
>>1293232
Excellent. With those costs and those upload speeds I can stay in business. Vietnam, here I come. Thx again.
>>
>>1293197
Close, I'm an EMT lol
>>
>>1293347
Shit, I thought they'd pay you more given how fucking important your job is.
>>
>>1293358
It's not a bad gig and there's plenty of overtime but it's really meant to be an entry level thing while you get other medical training.

Forward dancing white monkey jobs plz
>>
>>1293358
EMT is probably the single worst-paying job in the world considering the work. You get to go deal with overdosing addicts and all their fucked up friends, but instead of the ridiculous pay, job security, and retirement benefits of being a cop, you get minimum wage and randomly assigned shifts.

>>1293361
Just fly over there. If you're white, young, and don't look like a fucking trainwreck you'll get hired.
>>
File: 1500603281960.png (334KB, 512x556px) Image search: [Google]
1500603281960.png
334KB, 512x556px
>>1293456
This is my plan, I'm fucking excited to go to Vietnam and teach English on the side while living on the cheap.
>>
>>1293456
I'm already here and I rented an apartment on the border between districts 10 and 3

Let's do this.
>>
File: 1503275461452.jpg (104KB, 660x495px) Image search: [Google]
1503275461452.jpg
104KB, 660x495px
>>1287935
Gimme the scoop lads, which city is better, HCMC or Hanoi (especially if you want to teach English)?
>>
>>1294042
I recently chose HCMC because I found traveling within Hanoi to be nearly impossible. The salaries (and the girls) are more attractive in Hanoi, though.

It's also apparently easier to get a job up there. I know someone who seemed wholly unqualified and they paid him $22 an hour lol
>>
>>1294050
>know someone who seemed wholly unqualified and they paid him $22 an hour
Doing what? English teacher?
>>
>>1292959
phu quoc is shit too, nd going to be even more shittx when they finishnall the resorts rhyre building. I should have stayed in sri lanka
>>
>>1294050
So, aside from the difficulty with travelling, it sounds like Hanoi is the better city when it comes to teaching English?

Why was it so difficult to travel?
>>
>>1294111
Yes. He wouldn't have been out of place with some hookers in NaNa plaza but now he teaches little kids.

>>1295184
I'm not sure and maybe it was cause I didn't make too much of an effort to see the whole city, but it's very difficult to walk around because of all the motorbike traffic. On the streets that do have sidewalks, they're frequently totally blocked off by parked motorcycles.

I'm in HCMC now and it's slightly easier to get around, but not much. I find it weirdly funny that the curbs are slanted here to make it easier to drive on the sidewalk.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.