[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What country/region has the best/least expensive seafood? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_4290.jpg (69KB, 539x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4290.jpg
69KB, 539x960px
What country/region has the best/least expensive seafood? I'm unironically addicted to salmon, lobster, caviar etc
>>
>>1287574
Ensenada, Mexico is literally what you just described. No salmon but lobster, crab, halibut, tuna and even shark is sold on the reg.

Daily caught shit is cheap and fought over.

Shrimp is fucking god tier.

Clams and oysters are beyond words

And if you're trying to make a specialty dish like ceviche or fish tacos, they can tell you the best option for you to buy.

Plus it's a modern tourist town so there's not much of a cultural shock or whatever.
>>
>>1287574
go to mississippi or alabama and get some seafood on the gulf coast.

deep fried or grilled. it's all cheap shit, shrimp, crab, and mullet or catfish. fresh and if its fried the batter is amazing everywhere, if it's grilled the seasoning afterward is going to be perfect. main thing is it's just fresh and the quality is amazing.
>>
Tongyeong, Changwon and Busan all have incredible fish markets in Korea. Be prepared to haggle or go with a Korean friend.
>>
atlantic canada...not as cheap, but cold water seafood is superior
>>
Korea, best food in the world
>>
Prolly Cape Town.

Of course most poor countries with a coastline has cheap seafood. But in Cape Town it won't get you sick.
>>
>>1287574
NZ or Chile or Japan

Pacific > Atlantic. And colder waters are preferable.
>>
>>1287767
this. There is also a great area on Busan's Youngdo right by the Taejongdae cliffs. It is a a pebble beach filled with tents. Some really good fresh eats and cheap booze. They go well into the night and are popular with locals out drinking/eating. I also liked Jeollanam Do and Mokpo and Yeosu. Both had amazing seafood and enough side dishes to cover a table.

BC is also good. Loads of sushi restaurants and the Steveston area in Richmond has a great load of boats selling everything right off the dock. The sockeye salmon is also worth killing for. Those should be in season soon. Most locals buy from the First Nations Reserves as those guys have less restrictions.
>>
>>1287574
Can you retards please stop saying "unironically", its not a fucking word and it makes you sound retarded as you don't even have the slightest grasp of what constitutes irony.

thx
>>
File: duty_calls.png (14KB, 300x330px) Image search: [Google]
duty_calls.png
14KB, 300x330px
>>1288244
>>
>>1288244
Wanted to say the same thing in a less harsh way. Who ironically eats seafood?
>>
File: 1496046018953.jpg (49KB, 592x592px) Image search: [Google]
1496046018953.jpg
49KB, 592x592px
>>1287762
>>1288244
ill second this, i was also 762 and i want to stay i'm right. i've been all over the world, the gulf coast of the usa has the best seafood in the world, it's all golden fried or seasoned after grill

try it, thank me later
>>
coastal/island vietnam- point at what you want as it swims around the tank, and it's on your plate about 5 minutes later.

goa for the shrimp curry
>>
>>1288670
>coastal/island vietnam- point at what you want as it swims around the tank
Are the fish clean and healthy there? I've seen those "we have tanks full of fish!" restaurants in Bangkok, and the fish are usually half-dead (or even floating belly-up) and covered with fungus. I don't know how those places stay in business, since I sure as fuck won't eat at them and I can't imagine why anyone else would.
>>
>>1288244
>being so fucking stupid you unironically think unironically isn't a word
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/unironically
>>
>>1287574
For salmon the best place is Vancouver Canada. I live here and I doubt there's another place in the world with Salmon as cheap as it is here.

First of all, there's a few different types of salmon around the world. There's a few regions in the world that get the fish, mainly both coasts of North America, Scandinavia, Russia and Japan. Then there are farmed and wild salmon. If you've not eaten much Salmon, farmed will do just fine, but if you're used to eating wild salmon the stuff that's farmed has no flavour. When it comes to wild salmon, the king when it comes to flavour is sockeye. It is imo on a level of its own. The other wild salmon can all be pretty delicious too but sockeye just has a deep deep flavour that I think is unmatched by any fish in the world. It's amazing for grilling and smoking but I would say the other types are better for sushi/sashimi. Chinook is probably best for eating raw.

The season for salmon on the west coast is right now, around the last 2 weeks of August. This is when they come back to spawn. I bought 2 wild pink salmon today in a supermarket for $4.50 each. I believe the price is 43 cents per 100g. Sockeye will be more expensive, I buy it "illegally" from natives here for about $15 per fish. If you're a salmon lover try to find salmon jerky, I don't think you can find it anywhere else in the world except for the cost from Oregon to Alaska. It's out of this world, it's like salmon candy, one of the best things you'll ever eat.

When it comes to lobsters...not sure if this is the cheapest place in the world to eat them but in Cuba they are super cheap. Cubans are not allowed to eat lobsters as the government wants to sell them to tourists in resorts. If you stay in a Casa Particular (homestay) the owners will have illegally caught lobsters that they will cook for you for $10 with a bunch of sides.
>>
>>1287574
Who is this native goddess?
>>
>>1288244
I'm pretty sure its a word but what the fuck would ever be ironic about loving sea food
>>
When I was in middle school I went on a family trip on Roatán, a bay island of Honduras. We are freshfreshfresh lobster every day and it was really cheap, iirc. This was in like 2000 tho
>>
>>1288658
Who ironically eats seafood?
>>1291528
what the fuck would ever be ironic about loving sea food

Pescetarians. They preach the same "meat is murder" mantra as vegetarians & vegans, but they still eat seafood.
>>
>>1291466
>That nose
>Those eyes
>Native
She's probably just generic mix Brazilian who put the native facepaint on.
>>
Bangkok has lobster buffet going for 70 bucks(cheaper if you go for promotion) with 35 bucks extra for free flow booze
they have oysters,tiger prawns,tuna,salmon,alaskan crab,maine lobster,foie gras,parma ham etc
very likely i would visit one next year
http://bk.asia-city.com/restaurants/article/best-hotel-brunch-bangkok
>>
>>1291572
I wonder how badly those buffets are ruined by Chinese tourists.
>>
File: dusit41.jpg (142KB, 630x419px) Image search: [Google]
dusit41.jpg
142KB, 630x419px
>>1291582
high class Bangkok buffet would slap the chinks silly before they start any trouble
the Chinese fear the ladyboy warrior
>>
>>1291583
But is a $70 buffet really considered "high class"?
>>
File: download (2).jpg (13KB, 311x162px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
13KB, 311x162px
>>1291588
yes
pretty much top end there
wagyu beef,caviar,parma ham,fine eclair,cheese selection etc
probably one of the best in the world,only Vegas has more spread but they're filled with meme food such as Mac and Cheese or Fried Chicken
If you're not interested in Bangkok im pretty sure the Philippines has one,and there's some in Singapore
my mate had one recently with free flow Dom Perignon,that was really top shelf stuff
>>
>>1291557
looks mexican to me
>>
I prefer Atlantic lobster over the Caribbean lobster any day, no comparison
>>
File: mr-creosote1[1].jpg (27KB, 512x336px) Image search: [Google]
mr-creosote1[1].jpg
27KB, 512x336px
>>1291588
Well, a buffet in itself can never be high class. The higher classes do not eat like pigs. They eat A La Carte. But apart from that, the quality and setting is A+++ in BKK.
>>
>>1288658
>Who ironically eats seafood?

Someone who was a fish in a past life?
>>
>>1287767
My nigga. Neat trick: If you bring whoever you just bought something from a hot drink(if it's cold), a bottle of soju/makkuli(if it's warm), or a six pack of beer, they will most likely end up inviting you to sit and drink with them, and sometimes give you extra fish. Although larger stores are reducing the number of small markets, the spirit of a warm, hospitable and traveler friendly society lives on.

The moment you connect, you are opening the door to making a friendship. It makes trips a lot more enriching.
>>
File: clamgrill.png (609KB, 592x371px) Image search: [Google]
clamgrill.png
609KB, 592x371px
>>1288031
>>1287767

Any place that has cheap plastic seats but a lot of people (preferably loud and drinking) is a good sign. Means food's cheap but consistently high quality and tasty.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.