[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Travelling to the US from London in a week

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: US-UK.jpg (640KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
US-UK.jpg
640KB, 1000x667px
Hi /trv/,

I was just wondering if I should be applying for a visa or something like that. Not sure how that works. The thing I was about to do is called a visa waiver programme (VWP), is that what I'm supposed to be doing? Also, I'll be there for 9 days, hotel paid for and everything. How much money should I bring for JUST FOOD. Nothing else, I just need to know how much I'll need for food. Thank you!
>>
>>1287189
If your hotel is already paid for, I presume you know where it is. If you would tell us, it would help for determining food costs. I would expect, for example, San Francisco to be more expensive than Mobile.
>>
>>1287189
>visa waiver programme (VWP), is that what I'm supposed to be doing?
Very much yes. Otherwise you won't even be allowed on the plane. Good thing you asked now, it usually takes up to 72 hours (usually less) to process.

As for food: will you cook yourself, eat out, eat out big-time? Where are you going? Will you be travelling around? This is too vague for the Puerto Rican conga board to answer. Figure it out yourself.
>>
>>1287193
St. Louis, MO.

>>1287195
Eat out everyday, nothing big. I don't think I'll have cooking facilities in my room.
>>
>>1287195
presuming you have a british passport you should have already applied for your ESTA when making your reservation, other than that you do not need to do anything more for VWP

if you turn up to the airport without your ESTA approval, do not expect to board the plane
>>
>>1287189

don't go, it's not safe, there are Nazi hordes everywhere
>>
>>1287520
LOL the british muslims killed 17 times more people in London in just March and June of this year. You're much safer in the US.
>>
>>1287200
>St. Louis, MO.

....you're joking, right?
>>
>>1288240

>St. Louis

awww bless

St. Louis has some nice parts but you really should research areas before you go

I'd buget on the conservative side and say $20 a day for food so between $200 - $250

maybe closer to $300 since it can be hard to change currency?? $250 should still be though

A night of drinking is probably $40-60 fyi if you are going to plan for that

find a Trader Joes and get some groceries your room should at least have a microwave and a mini fridge
>>
>>1288283
Isn't St. Louis the murder capital of the U.S.?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.