[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rome and Italy Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: image7a.jpg (81KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
image7a.jpg
81KB, 800x400px
Me and my girl gonna spend a week in Rome.Any advice about things to see or other cities to visit?
Except Vatican City and the main tourist attreaction what else is essential to see and experience about?
>>
>>1287020
Rome is a shithole, if you don't get a hard on when thinking about Roman history and 3rd world shitholes then go see the vatican and get the fuck out ASAP.

There's too many good Italian cities to waste it on an overly touristy shithole that has trash everywhere.

Treat yourself and go to a place like Assisi, or the Amalfi coast. And if you like touristy spots, check out Venice.

Rome is an Indian tier city, avoid it at all costs
>>
Rome is trash-tier, there's nothing worth visiting.
>>
Rome is amazing tier.
>>
what about Bologna or Florence?
And about Nothern Italy?Is it convenient to travel from to Rome to Pavia or Como way up north?
>>
Why is the Vatican Museum so expensive?
>>
Go to Trastevere for the decent bars (Freni and Frizioni for example). Stay away from Termini (it's a dump) and remember to book your tickets in advance for the Vatican.
>>
you can take the high speed train from Rome to Milan or even Florence, it's good, then from Milan you go to Como in 30/40 minutes max 1h depending on the train.
>>
>>1287038
>>1287039
Are Roma and Paris the two most hated cities on /trv/ ?
>>
>>1287134
best areas to stay during a visit?
and what about tranport?renting a car is better as I hear cause public transports are a mess in Italy
>>
>>1287038
This is obviously a troll.

>>1287109
Because it's visited by millions of tourists every month.
>>
>>1287232
Dude, I'm in Japan right now. Trains and buses are perfect and always on time. And it fucking sucks. It's so boring that I can't wait to move out.

Don't rent a car. You'd only contribute to the air pollution. Just enjoy the spirit of Italian public transports and indulge in a nice adventure with your woman if a bus comes in late or gets cancelled. That is life, believe me.
>>
>>1287199
Who cares about the autism of /trv/, Rome is the world's most beautiful city. It never dies without resurgence.
>>
>>1287020
Rome was overwhelming for me as a huge Roman history and Renaissance history buff, it felt like there was something I need to see every five feet. You aren't gonna get a comprehensible answer in one post
>>
>>1287254
>it felt like there was something I need to see every five feet
All of Italy is like that, from top to bottom.
>>
>>1287109
Because everyone pays the prices anyway. Demand is always high, they might as well ask a lot.
>>
File: 1499848860613.gif (1MB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
1499848860613.gif
1MB, 320x213px
>>1287278
>>1287248
It's not fair. I want 8 euro reduced ticket but I don't qualify.
>>
>>1287251
Paris > Rome anon-kun
>>
>>1287038
t. guy who got scammed in Rome coz 2 stupid
>>1287020
if you wanna have fun on evening go to Transtevere area, full of young people and party
I've been there a few weeks ago and i visited the area near Rome called Castelli Romani, a group of small towns that are much more quiet (and way less hot if you start melting in Rome) like Albano Laziale, Frascati, Castel Gandolfo. Those can all be reached by train with the FL4 line if i recall correctly, can be visited pretty fast and have many famous foods that were born there (eg Ariccia's porchetta, a whole roasted pig seasoned with rosemary and other stuff) together with interesting monuments with basically no tourists
>>
>>1287250
most people apparently dont like that, the idea of losing control of anything, even if a mere bus timing, makes them mad
even in italy i only know a couple guys who do reason in the same way
>>
File: castel-gandolfo.jpg (243KB, 800x588px) Image search: [Google]
castel-gandolfo.jpg
243KB, 800x588px
>>1287431
>most people apparently dont like that, the idea of losing control of anything
Capitalism makes you think and behave like that. True Italy is unpredictable and spontaneous, like art and love.

>>1287429
>i visited the area near Rome called Castelli Romani
Great choice!
>>
>>1287134
Hah. I always stay in Termini, because the hotels there are very cheap and it has easy acces to public transit. It IS a shithole though. You have no business going there otherwise. Anyway, OP, if you like history try to visit Ostia Antica. It's a big ancient ruined Roman city that functioned as the harbour town for Rome. It never ceases to impress me, but I'm a huge historyfag. It's very easily accessible from the "Pyramide" train station (A famous spot in Rome) and it takes about 30 minutes going there.
Travelling down the Via Appia is also cool, with alot of cool stuff to see, but renting a bike is a must because some stuff is too far away to walk to, but just right by bike. You could even bring some food with you and have a picnic. You could also check out the old Christian catacombs there, but haven't been there myself yet. The Via Appia is accessible by bus from Circus Maximus.
>>
>>1287254
Same here. I've been there 3 times now and I still feel like I am missing out on stuff. Going back in november with a good friend who has never been there. He is an entry level historyfag with a keen interest in Roman history, so he is going to absolutely love it.
>>
>>1287109
How much is it?
Come on home
>>
>wanna visit colosseum by night
>yes sir will be 60 bucks
>mfw
>>
>>1287458
They keep away the poor immigrants who'd only ruin it with incisions and writings on the walls.
>>
>>1287109
>Vatican Museum so expensive
It's free the last Sunday of every month
http://www.museivaticani.va/content/museivaticani/en/visita-i-musei/tariffe-e-biglietti.html

At other times it's 8 Euros for students under 25

As to what to do in Rome, the Vatican is a must even without the museum.
For the catacombs double check opening hours/days and check whether you must be in a group - I went to one on th eoffchance and it was only open to groups of a certain size.
Check the Jewish alley, the meridian line in Santa Maria degli Angeli e dei Martiri, Trajan's Forum including his column, all this was free and fascinating last time I went.
>>
>>1287459
poor migrants are uninterested in visiting the colosseum
>>
>>1287481
You are a poor immigrant when you come to Rome.
>>
>>1287449
About 20 euros, I think
>>
>>1287051
if you spend the night there maybe, but it takes several hours both by car and train.
Plus, if you have never been in italy, you better not waste your time in small cities like pavia or como, but see first the main cities like rome milan firenze bologna venezia napoli genova torino palermo
>>
>>1287802
Rome to Florence,spending a night in Florence and then Florence to Venice.Is it Worthy?
i see the trains by Trainitalia are in the range of 25 to 30 Euros.and the duration is up to 2 hrs
>>
>>1287942
Things to see in Florence?Areas to prefer?
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.