[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hostel feels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_1755.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1755.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
So it was my first time traveling alone and staying in a hostel. I really liked the experience of meeting new people and hanging with them for a few days but I always felt lonely or sad after parting ways in particular with this one scandanavian girl. So how does /trv/ deal with hostel frans?

It just seemed like a hassle they were fun but for me it always left me feeling lonely after is it even worth communicating with anyone at the hostel?
>>
>>1286932
There's nothing worse than meeting potential wife material at a hostel or other temporary setting and knowing you will never see her again especially if you got along with her real well. I will never forget you Veronique.
>>
File: ghoulies1.jpg (126KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
ghoulies1.jpg
126KB, 630x420px
It's part of hostel life my dude, nothing is forever. I've gone on several trips over the past 5 years. After deleting facebook I can count on 1 hand the number of people I've kept in contact with. You'll make great friends, fall in love, and do amazing things with hostel folks. Then you'll leave the next day and never talk to them again, you'll spend lots of time thinking of what could've been, but try not to. It's generic as fuck be better to have loved and lost then to have never loved at all.
>>
Panta rhei, anons. It sounds cool, but it has fangs too.

Alessia, mi sei mancata da subito.
>>
>>1286942
this anon spits wisdom
>>
>>1286942
you are jaded anon. many things are forever. you subject yourself intenyionally to loss and then play at wisdom. exit the playpen if you want permanence. but dont live in a deliberately constructed fantasy world and tell yourself it is reality
>>
i am ugly so no one really talks to me. hostels always seem full of really beautiful people.
>>
stayed at hostels a lot but never talk to anyone but staff wtf
>>
I had a similar experience op. Travel lets you compress what feels like many months of a relationship into a few days. I still talk to the woman I clicked with every few months. I'd be lying if I said I'm not secretly hoping for a reunion in the future. This is the zest of life, enjoy it op.
>>
>>1287750
no nothing is forever, you're either retard or a 12-year-old kid
>>
>>1286932
I met a beautiful girl at a hostel in Taipei.. every guy was hitting on her, and so I decided that I would try to be the one guy that didn't hit on her. She ended up needing help folding laundry at two in the morning, so I helped her. Then when I had to leave, I just hugged her and said goodbye. She ended up looking me up and finding my email and getting in touch with me and now I'm going to go visit her in her home country in the next few months.

All is not lost.
>>
>>1288149
>>1286942
Nah, man, this anon doesn't speak the truth, but he approaches it. If you live your life as a series of ephemeral experiences, forsaking routine and permanance, you are bound to feel some sort of despair. There is no depth to this kind of living, you come to each city sticking your foot in ankle deep then getting scared by the cool water. Its uncomfortable, its different. I understand, you prefer the wandering air. But what you call adult in your struggles, is just a childish fear. Going out drinking everynight, thats adult right? Chumming with random guys, shooting the shit just like your own pop did when you were a young man, thats very grownup. But real striving and hardship do not present themselves for such simple goals. Fall in love? For what, a puppy. Are you a kid in a shopping mall that gets excited by every new toy in the store windows. Do you even know what love is, to share a bond with someone more deep, more true, than anything. To create something everlasting, to transcend the sands of time? Or are you still a kid who has yet to tire of party life? Recess is over, sport, its time to get out of the sandbox.
>>
>>1288267
This man is definitely cooked
>>
>>1288149

I pity you
>>
File: 1484143432182s.jpg (2KB, 125x114px) Image search: [Google]
1484143432182s.jpg
2KB, 125x114px
>>1287750
>>1288267

You sound way to overly idealistic. Most people do not travel to "find Permanence", they travel for the exact opposite actually. It's not secret that saying goodbye to people bittersweet thing. I enjoy being around people when they are away from their normal milieu, it brings out the best in them. People away from the constraints of their daily lives are always more genuine, happy, fun-loving and spontaneous. If you stuck around and tried to "find permanence" with these people you probably wouldn't feel the same about them the next day, much less months down the road. It's better to leave and say goodbye in good graces and with fond memories.
>>
File: 1494071350933 (1).gif (4MB, 312x402px) Image search: [Google]
1494071350933 (1).gif
4MB, 312x402px
>>1286942
Not all of use delete our facebook, I got plenty of places to stay if I ever need them

>>1288267
Not everyone is like you, some people stay in one place and hate their lives forever. There is no certificate of appreciation for sticking around, and in some cases no one will care that you did. It all depends on what your obligations are when you take off, and how you handle your business.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.