[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Travel for long for less money

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

Hello hello

Lets say i have 10k to travel for and want to go as long as possible. Where do you recommend me to go?
sorry if the question is very unspecific but i just want to hear your experience from where you can get by with lesser money for a longer time with decent living standard? I know Thailand is good but i've also heard some parts of it is dirt cheap and other touristy parts, not so much.
What about south america? Africa?
Also just budget travel advises in general would be appreciated if you have any.

THANK YOU
>>
I say this to everyone who asks about budgets. Travel is as cheap as you're willing to make it. But yeah, SEA, or South/Central America would be your best bet.
>>
File: 1494801903255.jpg (199KB, 645x909px) Image search: [Google]
1494801903255.jpg
199KB, 645x909px
Speaking as a certified hobo, in my view travel is inherently free. Hitchhiking and wild camping are possible in every country. Paying for hostels and public transport is a choice.
Another good option is to go to a country where gas is cheap, rent a car, and live out of the vehicle for a few weeks.

SEA is generally cheap, but like you say, on the tourist route you'll have a hard time spending less than $40/day. Renting a motorbike will save you a lot on transport, and give you the freedom to be creative with your itinerary.
Africa is generally very expensive, unless you're really dedicated to hitchhiking and good at haggling. Morocco is an exception; you can live comfortably there for $20-$30/day.
>>
Throw a tent on the back of your bike and you could spend 2 years travelling with £10000
>>
Think of the Balkans if you want some cheap options.

>>1287074
Also this. Not sure if you can rent a car for a good price though.
>>
>>1287744
Car rentals are surprisingly cheap in most countries, and think of the money it saves you on hotels.
I don't recommend trying to sleep inside the car, but it takes all the stress out of camping in a tent, since you can keep all your gear in the car.
>>
cambodia
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.