[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dubrovnik

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: t3_5x394t.jpg (196KB, 772x1024px) Image search: [Google]
t3_5x394t.jpg
196KB, 772x1024px
Going to be in dubrovnik for a few days then getting on a boat for a couple weeks. Anything must see or do in town? I know nothing about it, friends in austria says its the most expensive place in europe right now lol. I've never seen game of thrones so I don't care about seeing sights regarding that (its all anyone in the states seems to know about croatia)
>>
File: 0hPox.jpg (276KB, 768x1131px) Image search: [Google]
0hPox.jpg
276KB, 768x1131px
Bump
>>
It's definitely not the most expensive place in Europe, but it's idiotically expensive for what it is.
Just walk over the walls, take a walk through the hills so you can get a nice view of the town, walk through town at 3-4am so you can appreciate how it should be. Other than that? Just go to islands, beaches. Go to Montenegro as you're so close anyway.
>>
>>1287145
>walk through town at 3-4am so you can appreciate how it should be.
Yes, appreciate the mugging and hopefully the stab wound will remind you of the beauty of dubrovnik for years to come
>>
>>1287295
lol
>>
>>1286882

Well I'm from Croatia and I've never been there honestly xD
But yeah it's really not that expensive compared to some other EU countries (for my salary the prices in the old city are really high, but you dont have to buy anything there if you don't want to).
It's becoming really popular from what I can tell, 20% more tourists come yearly.
And it's Cro, there is very little crime here..
If you like old fortified cities I think you will like it, you can also try to find a beach outside of town.
Look at the tourist prospects and see what is offered, next place I can reccomend is Zadar it's become pretty popular too.
Cheers
>>
I'm planning a visit to Dubrovnik, and I've seen a few people on here recommend visiting Mortar in Bosnia as well.

Why do they say this?
>>
This thread just makes me glad I got to see it over a decade ago, before GoT turned it into a shitshow. I wonder just how bad it is now with the crowds and prices, it's hard to visualize plain numbers as people on the streets.
>>
>>1286882
just a heads up OP, see >>1286955
>>
Beach Sulic, Beach Pasjaca, Trsteno Arboretum, Gornje Celo at Kolocep island, Beach Sunj, Lokrum
Old town is boring after few hours, eat and shop at Gruz
>>
File: 1465153678528.jpg (415KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1465153678528.jpg
415KB, 1024x768px
>>1287527
>>1287514
not too worried about it, I'm only in the city for a couple nights. Then boating around to 4-5 islands.

>>1287817
thanks!
>>
>>1286882
What islands are you going to? I went sailing there last year. Really enjoyed Korcula. If you are heading up that way there is a lovely little cove on the island of Mljet at Okuklje, which is a days sail from Dubrovnik marina. Great restaurant, I highly recommend called Konoba Maestral:

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g1501915-d3474586-Reviews-Restaurant_Maestral_Okuklje-Mljet_Island_Dubrovnik_Neretva_County_Dalmatia.html
>>
>>1288171
That your bike? Beautiful!
>>
>>1288171
dope bike
>>
My favorite country is Germany, which I visited 3 times. Last my trip was to Frankfurt. I visited language school, because I want to study German in future in this city. I found cheap business class tickets on https://www.iflyfirstclass.com/city/to-frankfurt-fra I want to return to Germany and will start my studying soon.
>>
>>1287511
Mostar?
it's coo..
just not worth staying there for more than a day, take a walk around the old town, shop at those markets, eat some good meat (cevapi or other shit but on the muslim side) and buy some cheap cigarettes nothing else to do there
>>
I took the cable car behind dubrovnik to the top of the hill/mountain, and the view up there is pretty insane
>>
File: IMG_0102.jpg (120KB, 1000x526px)
IMG_0102.jpg
120KB, 1000x526px
>>1289353
More info on this, please!
>>
I'm going to Zadar then Split for a week, wasn't going to bother with Dubrovnik as I heard it's really crowded these days.

Is that a bad call? Do I need to see it?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.