[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/trv/ what the actual fuck am i doing with my life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: amidisabled.jpg (13KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
amidisabled.jpg
13KB, 259x194px
>21
>american
>travelled solo extensively a while back
>got fucked over by real life upon coming home
>spent the last year in a rut of work menial job -> sleep -> 4chan -> reminisce about when life wasnt fucking boring
>kinda sorta still in rut
>moved out
>living in town waiting tables
>saving up like $300 every month, able to live comfortably enough desu
>currently in paramedic school, love it, hope to use it to travel

im fucking broke, have opportunity to an extent, but hate the idea of being strapped down for the rest of my life. Maybe do some contract work

sick of this mediocre fucking life. I wanna visit south america, west coast usa, alaska, eastern europe, etc before i get shit on by responsibility

any /adv/
>>
What's your question?
What's the issue?

making money and traveling aren't mutually exclusive. You can do both.
>>
>>1286851
I guess you have to start somewhere...
Paramedic school is one of those careers with little promotion and salary increase.

Pretty much the good jobs require you to put in a minimum of 4 years of college. Period. Life is indeed a rat race of boring ass jobs that give you little enough return to just get by. Have a significant other, and you two can pool your savings on groceries and rent and basic necessities you share like the cable bill or the car insurance. Or you get multiple roommates. Sacrifice then you get more out of life.

If I was a broke kid and I wanted to get going on a career, nursing is a good one for people who want to do 2 weeks, do a little home health, then 6 months, do a little LPN, then work on the R.N. and then, eventually? can even make doctor salaries at nurse anesthesiology, nurse practitioner, or even some leadership roles. Want a great schedule? Work per diem, and take 6 months off to do your travel shit, or work overseas in the nursing exchanges. Or become a school nurse, and get all holidays and summers off.

Be male? Oh yea, straight to the top of leadership. Paramedic? Ehh. Good luck. Save your money and do nursing school. My other advice is that what you feel bad about not having things can be mediated a little bit by more social life, and less online life. Get a new hobby or a couple new friends.
>>
>>1286853
i'm rambling at the moment man, its my first night off in about 2 weeks. Cooked myself a nice dinner, watching simpsons reruns, drinking some avery gose.

I started having major existential thoughts after watching the frank grimes episode :/
>>
>>1286854
thanks man. I know RN school is better in the long term but I have a major fear of any kind of commitment. Probably the same reason I can't get past the third date lmao.

I think i'm gonna try and go watch some auto racing. I've always had a love for it, maybe i'll meet some cool people.
>>
>>1286854
this is good advice, OP should take note.
become an RN and travel nurse.. good money and travel at the same time
>>
>>1286858
same thoughts, my backup is to take my savings and see how long i last living the simple life in vietnam. practicing drawing and riding around on a motorbike sounds chill
>>
>>1286858
>but I have a major fear of any kind of commitment
The path to RN can be done in stages, while you work getting the middle of the road licenses first, home health aide, nurses aide, LPN, BSN, RN, no fear of student loans. There's no commitment unless you shoot for it all at once.
>>
>>1286854
>"nursing" courses
>make you write 20 pages of bullshit on social health
>>
>>1286851
you are not depressed because of anything travel related

you are depressed because parameds are slaves and the majority of people recieve, in 1 day of emergency treatment out of negligence, more than you make in 3 years of slaving

the burden of being cogent of your position is depressing.

this is the future, aryan man
>>
>>1286851
>im fucking broke
If you'd been putting your money into Bitcoin, it would have grown enough for you to be able to afford a mansion and a yacht by now.

> paramedic school
Well, good luck with that, every paramedic I see talk about it on the web says they get paid beans and have to deal with all sorts of crap from druggies trying to scam painkillers.
>>
>>1286891
i have some in ETH to fallback on

>>1286889
faggot

i'd rather be a paramedic than a #realtraveler leaching off others in thailand
>>
>>1286893
I didn't insult you. don't react like that you cockgoblin

my post is true. you are laboring to save the lives of ingrateful leeches and cockroaches, thus you are depressed

I am neither in thailand, nor a realtraveler. but I AM giving you REAL ADVICE you depressed faggot

your problems aren't travel related. if you continue to be rude I'll let you shoot yourself full of estrogen and commit suicide by nigger
>>
>>1286894
ok pass the estrogen thanx friend

does the estrogen mix better with tonic or with cranberry juice
>>
>>1286901
fine, be a depressed faggot, complaning on a message board alone

I gave you good advice. go ahead and cry into the abyss
>>
>>1286903
>bitching about bitching on 4chan

kek
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.