[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Iran

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

Hi, my first post here. I'm going to Iran and I could use some advice on transport and on what's worth seeing there. I'll be there from 4th to 11th September. Start in Teheran, I'll have to go back there at the end of the trip.

I would like to see Isfahan, Shiraz and Yazd, but i'm not sure if a week is enough - should I cut one city, and if, which?
>>
>>1286793
You could literally spend the full week in Tehran, but if you show some discipline with what you're seeing/not seeing then those three cities are doable.
>>
>>1286846
I've read that Tehran is fairly boring and not worth staying for long. If you had to pick 2 cities out of the three I mentioned, which would you leave out and why?
>>
>>1286910
Are you a muslim? The charms of Shiraz might be a bit lost on you if you aren't, but the architecture's worth seeing regardless.
I'd probably be inclined to give Yazd a miss, I've only been there the once.

My Tehran experience was made by having Iranian friends, I'm not sure what it'd be like solo travelling, I guess it could be dull.
>>
>>1286793
I visited in April for three weeks and this part of the country was fucking flooded with tourists...

Out of the three cities you mention I found Isfahan to be the nicest (and probably the nicest city I've seen in Iran). There still were tourists but not as obnoxious as Yazd and Shiraz. Shiraz was at least pleasant when you were not in a sight. People I met in the trip kept telling me how beautiful Yazd was because it was kinda arabian nights like but I've been to Bukhara and Khiva and those beat the shit out of Yazd TBQH. I liked the surroundings of Yazd better (Kharanaq, Chak Chak and the towers of silence

My favourite parts of the country were Mashhad and surroundings and the Golestan Povince.

But if you are into islamic/persian architecture/history you'll find little pockets of joy everywhere
>>
>>1286920
>>1286949

I'll be travelling with my sister and we don't have a rigid plan. I suppose we'll give up on Yazd and spend more time in Isfahan and Shiraz, thanks.

Are concerts of traditional Persian music common? I've been to them in Poland but I'd love to hear it in Iran.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.