[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You can choose one city to live in. You can still travel, but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Night in Hong Kong.jpg (507KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Night in Hong Kong.jpg
507KB, 1920x1200px
You can choose one city to live in. You can still travel, but you will always have to live in this city for the rest of your life.

What do you choose?

You can also choose a small town if you wish.

For me, its Hong Kong. Many people like it, many people dont. But for me personally, its an amazing place with so much to find and late nights when its raining... its so comfy. I come back here all the time

What about you?
>>
File: MED_budapest-dos-dias.jpg (616KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
MED_budapest-dos-dias.jpg
616KB, 1920x1200px
>>1286673
Budapest. I found the city relentlessly charming, and it gave off a fascinating vibe that I feel like I could explore for a long time. Learning Hungarian is a hangup for me though, it seems very challenging. I suppose my perception of the city is incomplete, considering I've only ever been there on the off season.

But now you've got me thinking about Hong Kong, also a very interesting city in a completely different way. 2bh it would probably be my #2 pick.
>>
>>1286680
Budapest was very comfy indeed and amazing looking city as well. Got so many good things in it. Surprisingly little amount of hustlers too, considering the amount of tourists. I didnt get hassled that much, which surprised me
>>
>>1286673
Matanzas Cuba
>>
>>1286673
I've lived in Hong Kong for the last 30 years anon. It's a cool place but it's getting more and more expensive. I shall probably relocate to Bangkok. Next year.

Your picture is not Hong Kong by the way, looks more like Tokyo or Osaka
>>
Seattle

>mild climate
>beautiful summers
>chill people
>good beer
>high salaries
>gorgeous mountain scenery
>great looking craftsman homes
>dude weed lmao

Money is the only thing stopping me
>>
>>1286694
>Your picture is not Hong Kong by the way, looks more like Tokyo or Osaka
Indeed, that's Shinjuku, Tokyo.
>>1286673
I guess I'll settle for staying in San Francisco for the rest of my life. I've already got a house here, it's still my favorite climate, and I still like the city after many years, despite its many obvious problems.
>>
>>1286673
Vienna, hands down
Best place in the world imho
>>
>>1286704
How is San Francisco, worth to visit just for 3 days? Wouldnt have more time
>>
>>1286704
>I've already got a house here
As in, you own a house? How many millions are you worth?
>>
>>1286673
Vancouver or Auckland.
>>
>>1286736
Awesome place to visit but too expensive to live without being surrounded by violent dirty hobos and not being allowed to protect yourself.
>>
>>1286757
I've lived in Vancouver for 20+ years and I'm leaving for good soon. It's impossible to have a decent middle-class life here any more. I'm unwilling to get a 50 year mortgage that will take away 75% of my income to buy a property here.

People say how amazing Vancouver is but it really isn't now that I've been to some truly amazing cities.
>>
>>1286741
>>I've already got a house here
>As in, you own a house? How many millions are you worth?
It's a two-bedroom condo, not a freestanding house, that I was lucky enough to be able to buy ten years ago.

I'm not all that rich, I'm just old. (On paper I am worth around two and a half millions, but a lot of that is house).

>>1286736
SF is totally worth visiting for three days. Pretty, with lots of tourism-worthy attractions. Tourist traps that are worth seeing include the Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz, and Chinatown/North Beach. Tack on a walk up the Filbert Steps to Coit Tower for some great views.

Tourist traps that aren't worth it unless you're traveling with kids include Fisherman's Wharf and Ghirardelli Square, although the Musee Mechanique (home to lots of antique coin-operated amusements) is kind of cool, and Pier 39, another horrible tourist trap near Fisherman's Wharf, is sometimes home to a colony of sea lions that can be kind of interesting to check out.

Non-tourist trap recommendations include just checking out a few neighborhoods--we are very much a city of distinct, small parts, each with local charm--to find places to eat and drink, and perhaps checking out some live music or other nightlife, which we are pretty good at.

>>1286758
Definitely a serious homeless problem here, but the bums are 99% harmless.

>(And it's true that local regulations do not allow us to shoot hobos with our handguns. Is this something you do a lot of?)
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.