[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where are you going /trv/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9

File: ASH SHARQIYAH SUDAN.jpg (6MB, 4592x3056px) Image search: [Google]
ASH SHARQIYAH SUDAN.jpg
6MB, 4592x3056px
Anyone here setting off for an adventure soon? Where are you going? What will you be doing?

I'm going to be traveling abroad for the first time solo on a 5 month backpacking trip across Europe. I'm nervous as fuck and keep thinking something will go wrong, but I know once I get there everything will be awesome and I wont want to come back.
>>
>>1286645

Moving to Germany for 9 months from the UK for a job, hoping to get in some travelling around the country and to neighbouring countries while I'm there. I have paid holiday at Christmas and unsure where to go, thinking poss Turkey or Morocco.

After that I'm not sure where I'll end up. Thinking EE or Central/South American atm.
>>
I'm in Zanzibar now and have been staying with a Peace Corps friend for the last few weeks.

Spent part of June and most of July in Mexico.

I was originally planning to go to Zambia, Ethiopia, and Egypt after Tanzania. From there I was going to do a month and a half in India and then spend the last month of my trip - December - in Mexico.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure whether my budget would comfortably support all the of the necessary plane tickets and visas.

I'll probably end up flying from Zanzibar to Mumbai in another couple weeks. Travel around India for a bit (I've been there seven times already), maybe hike the Annapurna Circuit in Nepal, possibly check out Sri Lanka, and then go to Egypt in November for two or three weeks. I really don't want to miss Egypt - I've wanted to go since I was a kid.

Last month in Mexico and then back home for Spring Semester.
>>
>>1286681
>Travel around India for a bit (I've been there seven times already

Where do you get money for all those plane tickets?
>>
>>1286645
I am travelling in south america right now, equador to buenos aires.

I am in iquitos right now in the amazon, having a blast but honestly a little tired.
Once i get to lima i will take a little 4 day rest to sleep and eat normally.

Already excited to visit bolivia and buenos aires
>>
>>1286645
Going to Australia in October, NZ in January, Fiji at some point next year, around April, and then Asia afterwards.

Also, don't be nervous about things going wrong. That's when the magic of travel happens and you get a great experience.
>>
>>1286700

I work a lot.

I'm still in university and am graduating quite late. I turn 24 in four days and probably won't wrap my degree up until shortly before my 26th birthday.

Thankfully, I scrape by enough money from writing to keep myself afloat every month. If I'm lucky, I'll be earning upwards of $3,000 per month by the time I graduate, just from working 20-25 hours per week on my laptop.

Anyway, plane tickets don't cost much outside of the US.

Zanzibar to Mumbai is $240; Mumbai back to Cairo is $150-$200; Cairo to New York is $280-$350; New York to Mexico City is $160-ish.

Spread out over the course of several months, it really isn't that bad. Once I'm in India, there are TONS of cheapo flights to Nepal, Sri Lanka, and SEA (Thailand is like a $100 RT from Kolkata), so I have options if I get bored.

I'm going to put Zanzibar-Mumbai on my credit card, just to make a few payments and build my credit (aside from student debt, I've avoided loans and shit fastidiously since becoming an adult. Financed my motorcycle, which I pay off in January).

Sorry for blogpost - anyway, flying around isn't too bad if you travel in the developing world and make $1k+ remotely. I won't be living like a king even in India, but it's better than sitting on my ass at home waiting for the next semester to start.
>>
>>1286782
I'm getting Delhibro vibes of this post, my friend.
>>
>>1286797

tfw you're unironically Delhibro
>>
>>1286645
being a poorfag waiting tables and paying rent

i really like auto racing but i'm too poor to start doing it

gonna become a paramedic over the next year and get out of the shit cycle of work -> drink -> sleep -> work

cant wait to have actual structure in my life

really fucking regret never going to 4yr college but that time has passed
>>
>>1286645

10 day tour of East Timor coming up in mid-October as part of a veterans rehabilitation project, guided by people who fought there in 1999. There's heaps of historically significant sites pertaining to WW2 and the intervention in 1999, some community engagement (meet the president and his cronies) plus we go all over the countryside checking things out. Should be very interesting as all of the guys on this one are former special forces, so no doubt some good tales will be told over drinks at night.
>>
File: 20170726_124404.jpg (5MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170726_124404.jpg
5MB, 5312x2988px
>>1286645
Started a bike trip 4 weeks ago in UK. Now in Naples, have wwoofing arranged for Greece, Egypt is next after that. Can't fucking wait. Although have to admit- I'm loving this so much starting to worry about money running out before 2019. Don't make me go back to woooooork baaaaaaaaw :((
>>
>>1288290
God that pic's beautiful.It took you 4 weeks to bike from UK to Naples?
>>
>>1288300
2 weeks with the help of hitchhiking. 1370km by bike and around 1300 by car/van. Now just chilling with friends and exploring. Possibly the last time I see them. Picture is from the northern side of Apennines, nearing Parma.
>>
>>1288310
How long you going to be travelling for?
>>
>>1288322
When I've finished what I set out to do. Not really possible in less than 15 months, but good things await on the other side, so hopefully can get it done in less than 3-4 years
>>
>>1288333
Are you taking a motor bike or a pedal bike?
Im pretty jealous, sounds like a true adventure, have a good trip anon
>>
Just got back from Japan an Korea about a month ago. In the next year I have planned/hope to visit

>India around February
>Indonesia in July

Thinking about trying to sneak in a long weekend in Canada before India as a East Cost Anon.
>>
Currently on the way to hamburg from vienna. 3rd time in germany lul
>>
I'm going to Baku, Azerbaijan tomorrow.

I have no idea what I'll be doing, I didn't read a single thing about Azerbaijan, ever.
>>
>>1286645

If all goes well, next summer I'll be spending a month in Europe hitting England, France, Belgium, Netherlands, and Germany. It's gonna cost about 4k and should take about 6 months of saving at the current rate I'm working.

After that, depending how much Arabic I learn at school this year, I might want to hit northern Africa and the Middle East after uni is finished

Working a minimum wage job while being a student fucking sucks.
>>
>>1286645

Just small trips in the next months: Italy, Croatia and Denmark. I'll probably spend Christmas in the Canaries .

Next year: Colombia and and a week or two sailing in Greece. I did that this year and I want to repeat it...
>>
Everyone is going all over, how fun!
I am going to Burning Man for the first time in just a few weeks. I never really planned on going, but I am a live-in nanny and am going as a nanny for the family. Despite having to watch two little kids every day, I am looking forward to seeing what it is like.
>>
I'm going to Iceland tomorrow. It's a nice 23 degrees in my hometown right now. Reykjavík will be colder, and I'd prefer not to think about the Highlands.
Still, I'm going to see the Eyjafjallajökull. What's not to like.
>>
>>1288684
You're a nanny going to burning man? How old are you?
>>
File: PORTO-DE-GALINHAS-2.jpg (254KB, 1583x1060px) Image search: [Google]
PORTO-DE-GALINHAS-2.jpg
254KB, 1583x1060px
>>1286645
After being to Poland, Belarus and Ukraine I'm over this year. Now I'll make a domestic travel to Porto de Galinhas, Brazil (pic)
To the next year I have three plans
1) Going to Netherlands, Germany and Belgium in October (my personal favourite)
2) Make a Russian summer course at Pushkin Institute in Moscow during World Cup for 1 month
3) Peru
4) Colombia
>>
>>1288798
*4 plans
>>
>>1286782
wtf i want to get paid to write
>>
>>1286645
Going to Berlin for a few days in September, and as soon as I booked it I saw a bunch of threads here saying Berlin is a shithole. Oh well, I guess I'll find out
>>
>>1288859

>wtf i want to get paid to write
>tfw
>i

Good luck, famalam.
>>
>>1288865
It's not that the city is so much of a shithole, it's that the other German cities and Prague are so much better, Berlin has no charm, it's just a city, expect it to be rainy or cloudy and the beer to not be as good as in the south, but to each his own I guess, if you like drugs, good hookers, and nightclubs then you might have fun
>>
>>1286645
I have the option to go to rome with a group, is it worth the trip?

Agency is fucking their ass for the price also
>>
>>1288409
I'm thinking about a Caucasus trip this fall anon. How did it go?
>>
Hopefully going to go to Moscow, Russia next summer for the World Cup. I have friends there and can let me stay at their place.
>>
File: bikebaisha.jpg (4MB, 3648x2736px) Image search: [Google]
bikebaisha.jpg
4MB, 3648x2736px
My plans for the end of this summer:

> 3 days Singapor (flight there was the cheapest)
> 2 weeks Taiwan. Wanna rent a small motorcycle (I heard 250cc is easy to rent) and go around the whole island
> 10 days Japan (Osaka, Nagoya). Mainly to buy books and run the Ibigawa marathon, drink some Yamazaki whiskey, ..

My only concern is bringing all my motorcycle gear (helmet, leather jacket and pants,...) with me all the way but apart from that I am super excited about the trip.

Any advice for renting a bike there? I dont think I want a big one (driving a 1200cc BMW here in Germany) cause of road conditions and ofc the rental price.
>>
File: 20170723_180152.jpg (5MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170723_180152.jpg
5MB, 5312x2988px
>>1288363
Cheers man, am making a thread once in a while to share some insights and pics. Pedal bike, bicycle, pushbike
>>
>>1288684
Going to Burning Man too. My third year, flying in from Australia then heading up to Canada afterwards. Want to meetup?
>>
>>1286645
I want to spend this winter away from frozen hell which Russia turns into for half a year each year so I am curerntly looking for a country in the southern hemisphere with a citiy which has similar climate to the one I am living in right now.
Can /trv/ suggest some places to look into, by the way? Something similar to St. Petersburg, Russia or at least Moscow?
>>
>>1286782
fugg, I only get around 400-500€ with student work while studying. Lottery man
>>
File: pepe_10.jpg (121KB, 753x724px) Image search: [Google]
pepe_10.jpg
121KB, 753x724px
>>1286645
>tfw moving to Spain in less than a week
>>
Fucked my best friends friend who told best friend casually months later because friend thought it was cool and in the open so I'm thinking about ditching everything for a trip to Nepal.

I think I could survive there a year if I just leave now.
>>
File: received_1334058466663768.jpg (89KB, 539x960px) Image search: [Google]
received_1334058466663768.jpg
89KB, 539x960px
I plan to get all the papers done to finally get my phillipine wife and daughter over to me to my place I miss them like crazy. I am so blessed it's a wonderful country even if there is a war going on for 450+ years. And the people still smile and enjoy their day with a budget of 2$ a day if they r lucky enough to call a job their own. If for some reason it won't work out the way I planned it I really want to stay there with my wife. It will be tough in the beginning but I am sure we can make it right. At home live is like a jail I can't work properly cause of old convictions.and even if I would it's not really possible yet cause of different convictions.I am no real gangster I just like to smoke and trusted the wrong people. Lesson learned the hard way but still ten years to suffer. I can't afford anything cause we will need the funds in winter my daughter just had pneumonia with just 8 month young needed to be hospitalized so I lost this month100$ from my savings cause I send them 500 from the money I was saving for the trip that was all my budget for this month and it's not yet over. Man I am an expert in living cheap. But I am still not as good as these pinoys..can't wait to learn more and enjoy the fish the fruits my own young family and feel free again.
>>
>>1289388
Where are you trying to get your wife & daughter to?
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.