[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Norway!!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

File: Reine_Lofoten.jpg (2MB, 4048x3040px) Image search: [Google]
Reine_Lofoten.jpg
2MB, 4048x3040px
Just found out my brother is leaving tomorrow for a 14 day trip in Norway.

-Land in oslo
-Oslo-Svolvaer
-Car Rental
-Lofoten
-Svolvaer->Bergen->geirangen
-Alesund-Skei
-Olden-Glaciers
-bergen
-Næroyfjord and FLAM
-Bergen-Hardanger Fiord-Trollunga
-Lysefiord ev preikestolen
-back to Oslo

What do you think??
>>
File: bergen-1112x630.jpg (480KB, 1112x630px) Image search: [Google]
bergen-1112x630.jpg
480KB, 1112x630px
Lurking. I'm going to Bergen and Stavanger next week looking for some advice on what fjords to go to and how to get there.
>>
Norfag here.

Northern part is really nice. Enjoy.

I also work on boats that takes people on sightseeing in the fjords around Bergen and Stavanger.

There are two serious companies doing fjordsightseeing. Norled and Rodne, i work for the later. Both have nice and comfortable boats. I think Norled got cheaper tickets, but are very expensive with food etc. They also got a bit better boats for rough sea, but it is almost always calm in the fjords so it doesn't really matter.

The Pulpit Rock/Preikestolen is overrated when looking on it from sea. Take the hike up. You can book a boat to take you to the starting point at rodne.no I have done this trip myself with my GF and really enjoyed it.

I can highly recommend it, even if it is raining a lot. Then the waterfalls get really huge. I am currently working in Bergen until the 22. August. Going to a place called Mostraumen. When boarding, ask if there is two boats going that day. If so, ask to go on the bigger one, as i work on that one. I got very orange beard and is about 180cm/6ft. Hit me up and i will give you special treatment.

Also be about 45min early if you want to pick the best spot, which is on the topdeck.
>>
File: DSC_0021.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0021.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
>>1287577
>>
>>1287577
I'm heading to your neck of the woods next spring. There tends to be a reputation that scandinavians are cold and antisocial. If I visit there will I actually be able to meet people or will I just look at big rocks and pay for overpriced fish.

What are the good places to party? I'm an american fratboy type and not a muslim immigrant so I don't expect to be taking any of your women home.
>>
>>1287594
I think our reputation is quite old and outdated. Most of the younger generation, 1970 and up, talks good or perfect english. They are also very social.

We dont like to hug random people. We dont kiss on the cheek. We generally like to keep a comfortable distance. Handshake is enough for us.

Also, if you are invited on something or we ask you a question, we really mean it.

For cheaper fish, go to the local shop at Strandkaien. Ask a local. "Fish me" aka the fishmarket is a overpriced scam.

I dont party much in Bergen, as i dont live there outside work. I have however enjoyed some really good drinks and a good atmosphere at No Stress. It is close to McDonalds in the city centre.

There is also a place called Bar Barista which is a bit alternative, but lots of interesting people.

For more party-party, go for a student place. Bergen got one of the biggest universities in Norway. The beer is normally cheaper there as well.

If you are only here for partying, come 16. and 17. of May.
>>
File: 2015-02-14 12.38.44.jpg (1MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
2015-02-14 12.38.44.jpg
1MB, 2688x1520px
>>1287580
>>
>>1286612
I spent a week in the Bergen area and wasn't bored. I did meet with friends 2 days out of the whole thing so I won't count those for a lone traveler. You might want to stay longer in these places than you have planned for.
>>
>>1287623
>If you are only here for partying, come 16. and 17. of May.

is that when you wear red overalls and get drunk?
>>
File: Young_girls_in_bunad.jpg (741KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Young_girls_in_bunad.jpg
741KB, 1280x960px
>>1287730
Yeah. National Day. Pretty much everyone that dont have children is drunk.
>>
>>1287577
OP here, thank you
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.