[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

General questions about hostels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: uncle.jpg (8KB, 179x299px) Image search: [Google]
uncle.jpg
8KB, 179x299px
Turned 19 last month, I'm very interested in travelling however I have never stayed in hostels/backpacked etc and have a few very general questions regarding some things. I have travelled to/through a lot of places in Europe with family in the past, but we have always stayed in hotels/resorts and I have never seen a hostel. I'm tired of going to tourist resorts and spending majority of the time by the pool/beach and seeing a couple of tourist attractions and would instead like to go off and travel on my own and actually feel the culture of the countries/cities I'm visiting. Would appreciate it if somebody could give me some insight into my questions, and any advice you might have for me.

>How much do hostels cost? Is it safe? Privacy?
I know the prices probably vary from location, however how much does it generally cost in percentage to let's say if I was to book the cheapest hotel in the city compared to a hostel? I've noticed in London the price comparison is that hostels are 1/3rd of the price of a budget hotel room. I'm someone who really values their privacy, so how is the general privacy in hostels? This is honestly the only thing that puts me off a hostel, as I don't think I'd feel confident sleeping in a room with 10 people I don't know, and should I be scared that my property could get stolen from a hostel? Also safety wise, if you're sharing a room with 10 other people who you don't know, how can you sleep well at night not knowing that one of the people might be a psycopath who will suffocate you in your sleep.

>What do you eat when travelling?
Asking this for budget purposes. If you're only ever staying 1-7 days in a single place, what do you usually eat? Do you buy groceries and make something, if so where do you cook and where do you store this food? Do you eat out, and if so roughly how much do you end up spending a day on food overall.

>What are the shower/wash conditions usually like in most hostels?

>Live in London, from Lithuania originally
>>
>>1285908
delet that pic
thats disgusting
>>
>>1285908
>How much do hostels cost? Privacy?
1/3 of a budget hotel might be the price in expensive travel destinations, maybe 2/3 in cheap destinations
>Is it safe?
From my experience, it is
>Privacy?
kek

>What do you eat when travelling?
Depending on the country, I'm either eating out or cooking my own stuff. In cheap countries I'd suggest a hostel that's including breakfast, so you'll only have to pay 1-2 cheap meals - go eat where the locals eat. In expensive countries: toast and porridge for breakfast, rice and pasta for dinner.

>What are the shower/wash conditions usually like in most hostels?
This really depends on the hostel. You should check ratings before going, as some hostels in first world countries look like a third world shithole
and vice versa.

>from Lithuania originally
Just met two Lithuanian girls, you guys seem to be really nice folks
>>
>>1285928
I think ive seen somewhere private rooms in hostels being advertised, but i couldnt check the price. Is this a possibility and how much more is it usually?

Are there any other cheap accommodation options apart from hostels? I guess renting a room off airbnb might be a good option too if you can get a good deal, but there wont be as many people to socialize with as in hostels, which is probably key if ur travelling alone im guessin

What city did u meet them if u dont mind me asking

Also roughly planning maybe 2 or 3 small trips this year (3-4 days each) to somewhere in europe where i can find cheap flights, to see how i feel about travelling solo, and want to do a month long trip next year somewhere outside europe. Any suggestions?
>>
>>1285933
>private rooms in hostels
Some hostels have them, some don't. They're usually around twice the price of a dorm bed

>any other cheap accommodation options apart from hostels?
Couchsurfing it is. Due to fares, Airbnb is overpriced in most places

>What city did u meet them?
I met them in Hamburg, first at the G20 protests, next on a festival one week later. Exciting and really beautiful girls.

>Any suggestions?
Good cities for your first solo travel experiences would be Prague, Vienna, Munich - basically every country in central Europe that has a fair amount of English speakers. But I guess that would be a question for another thread, as anons would need to know your budget, interests and so on

Gotta sleep now, have a nice one
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.