[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Scandinavia on a budget

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: 220px-Skandinavism.jpg (27KB, 220x317px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Skandinavism.jpg
27KB, 220x317px
Will be in Stockholm, Oslo and Copenhagen next week on a pretty tight budget. As those cities are quite expensive, was wondering whether you have any tips on what and where to eat and what should I definitely bring home from those countries.

Received an advice recently to buy stuff like chocolate, candies, etc. only in big supermarkets. And to definitely try Norwegian chocolate and waffles, as well as Swedish berry jams and Danish cookies/cakes.
>>
You can eat really cheap in IKEA , like 50 SEK a plate of Kottbullar (Meatballs), you can take a free bus near the central station to IKEA
>>
File: jerusalem-kebab[1].jpg (35KB, 550x413px) Image search: [Google]
jerusalem-kebab[1].jpg
35KB, 550x413px
>>1285709
The Kebab / Falafel places are cheap. 65kr for pic related (1 plate of the food, not the girls). Check out Jerusalem Kebab at Sodermalm, plus the competitors.
>>
When I was in Copenhagen I had Kebab a lot. 55-60 DKK for a giant Kebab > 40 DKK for a Polse because the Kebab is about 250% larger
>>
all supermarkets have their 'last day' section in the fridge, which is 50% cheaper or so. there's everything from milk and cheese to rice pudding there.
>>
If you are in inner stockholm most weekdays around 12~ the church give away free sandwhiches and coffe. just aske the local emo/alternative kids hanging around "plattan" and the should know more specific details
>>
Ok. Best advice for danish supermarkets here.

All kind of bread is on sale. Go for rye bread, you haven't been in Scandinavia without trying it. Also, if you're lucky you can pick up one of the kinds with miraciuly hold for up to weeks even in a backpack, otherwise it "only holds" very well for up to a week or so. The driest ones are the safest, but the ones with sunflower seeds on it usually are my favorite because of their sponginess.

I have tried having rye bread hold for over a month in a fridge - the kind with the exactly right moisture - and after learning know how to handle the temperature in the fridge, I basically can hold some highly nutritious, well lasting and extremely substantial kinds of bread you basically can rely on to be the main source of nutrition with perfect amount of fibers, too, if you don't get bored of it.

Roasting it brings out flavours too. There's a saying that every time scandinavians go on vacations they always bring rye bread with them. It's so fundamental a thing it's like imagining Italians without pasta.

Rye bread. Rugbrod. Brod is bread. Just say brot since o æ and å are 3 syllables you won't learn to pronounce in your lifetime unless you're a genious..

I'm a vegetarian for health reasons, but even so I have been living in my bachelor days primarily on pork live paté and rye bread. It's ugly as fuck but if you pick one with for instance bacon in it you will travel extremely cheap. It also holds well outside a fridge. Up to a few days atleast. Salt.

It's called leverpostej. The attendant will surely know where to find it for you if you ask for rugbrod and leverpostej. Cucumber on leverpostej is almost mandatory and makes it twice as good.

You can get canned leverpostej too. "Rolled sausage" or rullepolse also is kinda good with remoulade (the yellow plastic bottle almost identical with mayonaise). You almost can't get more scandinavian food than that.

Pickled herring is world standard and found in abundance, too.
>>
more best advice coming

Pork kinda is bad for you in the long run. The cheapest and easiest way to travel (preferrably by bike or foot in Denmark atleast because it's so flat, temperate/hot, humid and small)

Practially any kind of vegetation or small forest is a heaven to sit in. You're almost only one hour away from a supermarket, almost from anywhere on the map.. It's kinda special that way, Denmark, atleast. Don't expect that in Sweden or Norway.

Long, red plastic packaging that holds canned mackerel is basically elite forces food and some of the best canned fish food out there in the world. Get a hold of a plastic lemon (lemonjuice container, the one from Netto/danish supermarkets chain, not the German ones) and plaster your rye bread with tomato macerel, mayonaise, pepper and lemon and you will have the best outdoor food ever. Guaranteed.

German chains include Rema1000 and Aldi. They have their specialities but you gotta know what to look for. Have a look. Every kind got its gems and you won't know what to look for anyway.

Go for a Netto/fakta/brugsen/Bilka/Kwickly. They're Danish and the biggest in DK.

Milk in any scandinavian country is top-of-the-line. I'd reccomend "sodmælk" "sweet milk", the fattier one, and try while you're at it the ecological ones for a mouthfull of flavour.

You'll walk miles on that, my friend. Also, ecological carrots, and if you ever get to try the potatoes it's if not the world's finest along with our apples, very good quality.

Let us have the Swedecucks and Norfellows chip in on what is the world's finest from their country.

Danish world class food includes potatoes, fatty fish, and apples for sure. Milk is contested since I have tried surprisingly good milk in some remote locations in Norway and know for a fact Swedes know how to squeeze the tits on cows too.

In a few weeks we will have the best apples in the world growing outside in the wild. You just gotta find them. Maybe you're a bit too early for that though.
>>
My gandparents are both well over 90 years old and both eat "traditional" Danish food. Both drink their 2 cups of coffee and have been the typical housewife and working class man throughout their lives. They still take care of themselves.

The reason they both hold so well is their iron will and the apples. I can't stress how good a rich c-vitamin dose is to your blood. Gandpa even smoked heavily for 40 years before stopping some 20 odd years ago after getting a heart attack.

I can say that because I know what they eat daily and the only thing that can be called "healthy", or health-boosting, are the apples.

3 apples a day my man. It's no joke how important the juice is for a good health.

Have a wonderful trip through our homelands.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.