[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Catacombs of Paris advice thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 13

File: 9817927382.jpg (376KB, 2086x1212px) Image search: [Google]
9817927382.jpg
376KB, 2086x1212px
Bonjour /trv/

I'm visiting Paris for a few days and want to get inside the quarries / catacombs of Paris and go urban exploring. Does anyone have any recommendations? Has anyone ever done this before?

The catacombs / quarries of Paris are a massive underground tunnel network that is partially unexplored and is host to occasional parties / speakeasies. Of course visiting and exploring any part of the catacombs is illegal unless if you are with a tour group that tours only a tiny section. Can /trv/ recommend me a place / forum / whatever where I can speak with cataphiles who might be persuaded to take on a foreign tourist? I speak French if that helps.

General catacombs discussion thread
>>
>>1285145
you will need to speak french to really get into it

its become more dangerous of late because of the massive numbers of drug runners who will kill on site

people cant even go to gare du nord without getting stabbed anymore

stick to the tourist spots
>>
File: catacombs3.jpg (57KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
catacombs3.jpg
57KB, 960x720px
>>1285147

>you will need to speak french to really get into it

I speak french, did you read my OP?

>its become more dangerous of late because of the massive numbers of drug runners who will kill on site

ok so thats a bit of an exaggeration or what? i'm obviously not police or E.R.I.C so would that really cause problems for me?

>people cant even go to gare du nord without getting stabbed anymore

irrelevant, I wont be going via train. unless if you mean there are widely known access points to the quarries there? probably crawling with police if so

>stick to the tourist spots

are you French? your advice is boring and I've already done all of the tourist shit that's worthwhile (musee d'orsay, centre pompidou, balader sur la seine etc)

Thank you for your answers
>>
>>1285152
i did not read your post because you were summarizing the hostory of the catacombs and i dont care

the safety situation is not.exaggerated

WILL you get raped and then killed? probably not

is paris more dangerous than many third world city capitals now? yes, in fact

yes, i am french
>>
>>1285152
Stop feeling the /pol/tard troll. It's summer, school is out, there are more than before now.
>>1285185
You're an American who has never had a passport. Underaged too.
>>
File: 09206010.jpg (220KB, 962x707px) Image search: [Google]
09206010.jpg
220KB, 962x707px
>>1285185

tu viens d'ou? st denis sur seine? 19 eme?

franchement c'est marrant de voir qqn si francais que toi. c'est pas le fin du monde quoi la france existe toujours.

merci pour le conseil en tout cas, ca craint un peu quand meme
>>
>>1285190
you forgot to call me a virgin

you caught me, crime is a nazi conspiracy. Throw me in prison for mean tweets
>>
>>1285191
j'suis pas parisien

en tout cas paris a change considerablement. regarde pas la presse
>>
File: 9827482742.jpg (637KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
9827482742.jpg
637KB, 2048x1536px
>>1285195

>regarde pas la presse

la prese francais n'est pas dispo dans mon pays mon gars. t'es marseillais ou quoi. pourquoi tu-detestes paname?
>>
File: 667892602.jpg (66KB, 980x551px) Image search: [Google]
667892602.jpg
66KB, 980x551px
>>1285190

It's true, he's french. Jaded as fuck, but french.

>>1285204

alors tu penses qu'il y a des beurs et des bougnoules armee sous les rues de paris? t'es serieux la?

que fais tu si tu n'as pas un pistolet? ils travaillent pour la mafia corse? merci d'avance frenchanon. Je comprends pas, j'ai pense que seulment les catophiles resident la
>>
>>1285198
>All that graffiti
France really is a shit hole.
>>
>>1285207
just to set tge record straight

look, if i have to provide a reason for why i hate rising crime rates that i am subject to, and you are not, and be called evil and racist if my reasons are not enough for you, then the discussion is already over, because you want me to suffer crime

it is that simple
>>
File: 1501995371490.png (185KB, 466x492px) Image search: [Google]
1501995371490.png
185KB, 466x492px
>>1285209

give me proof that there are drug runners under Paris, I want to believe you. police now patrol large areas of the carrieres / catacombes.

dont make this into a racewar thing dude this is /trv/ and I want to go under the city
>>
>>1285147
>>1285185
>>1285195
>>1285204
>>1285209

Je sais pas pourquoi à chaque fois qu'il y a un thread sur Paname ou la France il faut que vous veniez chier dessus c'est fou. Que ce soit des François ou des amerloques vous les brisez sévère

Le francofil de /int/ ça vous suffit pas ?
>>
>>1285296
if you complained as mich about crime as you do about racism maybe the crome problem would be solved

has your whining at least fixed the racism? oh? it hasnt?

well then...
>>
>>1285296
Nous aussi on a nos poltards malheureusement. Faut just les ignorer.
>>
I assume from the pictures, that it is easy to get lost or drown on the catacombs.
>>
File: Paris catacombes 2.jpg (546KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Paris catacombes 2.jpg
546KB, 600x800px
>>1285381
Well considering there are more than 300 kilometers of galleries under the city from various times yeah
The touristic part is only like 1.5km long, that's where the famous pictures of skulls and bones artistically put all over the walls come from, but it's a drop in the ocean compared to the real length of what's called "the quarries"
Never been there but I don't doubt weird shit happens down there besides the floodings and crumbling
>>
>>1285419

would you have any recommendations on where to search for a community of cataphiles? Im absolutely set on going down there but I obviously wont go solo and without a guide. Might even be willing to shell out some euros since it seems these people are secretive as fuck and dont want to give out the location of the entrances
>>
>>1285208
ikr, those damn graffiti
>>
>>1285152
you sound like you lived in a bubble in your whole life anon
>>
>>1285302
Fuck off sandnigger, why dont you go back to africa and fuck a goat in the name of your warmongering god.

t. indian guy
>>
>>1285723
I am not a sandnigger

I am complaining about sandniggers

jesus indians are so fucking stupid

the point is they complain about racism constantly and they have only made everything terrible

it'd be nice if they complained about real problems, such as rape and murder

also, leave our fucking countries and go back to street shitistan
>>
>>1285152

Wow, you sound like a total cunt senpai
I hope you get stabbed by some HIV positive ghoul in the catacombs, or simply get stabbed in general
>>
>>1285207
I imagine that water is rancid as fuck.
>>
>>1285723
>t. indian guy
Fuck off Apu, take your polo gym wearing curry smelling ass back to the dumpster aka India AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>1285739

why do I sound like a "total cunt senpai"? You should go back to your summer containment board

>>1285720
would being born in a 1st world country imply living in a bubble? your observation would apply to majority of people on /trv/ then
>>
>>1285145
>>1285152
>>1285191
>>1285207
This causes me to fear for my life.
>>
>>1286025

Why? are you claustrophobic?

Literally everyone I invited to join me into the caverns of Paris is too scared to join. Feelsbadman
>>
File: images.jpg (96KB, 720x1080px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
96KB, 720x1080px
You shouldn't go down there.
>>
This thread... Why would you go visit a graveyard full of gypsies and human faeces?

Have you been to Paris? The surface is crawling with niggers, muslims and gypsies. Why would you EVER go underground? It can only be worse.
>>
File: 0230573802.jpg (297KB, 962x925px) Image search: [Google]
0230573802.jpg
297KB, 962x925px
>>1286032
>>1286031

are you too scared to explore 400 years of preserved history below the streets of paris? not all of the tunnels and subterranean chambers have even been mapped out yet

Im sure someone on /trv/ has been down there
>>
File: DSCF0030.jpg (1MB, 3200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF0030.jpg
1MB, 3200x1800px
Bumping. No urbexers or cataphiles here?
>>
>>1286031
underrated movie
>>
>>1285723
The last shred of respect I had for India has now vanished thanks to you. No wonder you're the joke of this planet, back to the designated crap alleys 4 u
>>
>>1285145
french fag. Sorry for the bad english.
Catacombs are safe, you should really go there. The only good advice you need : you have to go with someone who knows the place. a "cataphile". Never go there Alone of course if you want the fun ride and not the tourist shit. try to find le parcours de santé it's good fun
>>
>>1287897

merci pour le conseil mec. alors t'es un cataphile? ouais je veux eviter les trucs touristiques en tout cas. l'entrée des catacombes / la bouche d'égout est sur le parcours de sante?

Merci d'avance !
>>
Any parisiens able to give any pointers?

Bumping
>>
>>1288429
>>1288064
>>1287897
Also curious, I've been to Paris but have no idea how to get down there, there's not exactly signs and labeled entrances.
>>
File: Catacombes.jpg (194KB, 1000x666px) Image search: [Google]
Catacombes.jpg
194KB, 1000x666px
>>1289821
Well of course, it's illegal besides the official entrance for the touristy part so don't expect signs. The official entrance is at avenue du Colonel Henri Rol-Tanguy.
I wish I could help but I don't have any idea how to get inside this community
>>
>>1289833
>>1289821

Hey everyone. OP here. I'll bump this thread if I'm able to find a cataphile willing to take me down there. I'll be in Paris next tuesday and ill report back and share tips or whatever assuming it's cool with the group / people taking me down there.
>>
>>1285302
Race and crime are highly correlated, even when controlled for environmental factors such as income and education. However, this entire debate belongs in /pol/
>>1285145
Honestly I would recommend going with a guided tour. You will not only get to see much of what is interesting, but will get the history to go along with it. Going alone will only amount to you getting arrested, lost, and/or or knee-deep in sewage.
>>
>>1285145
>>1285147
>>1287897
i know many of the catacombs-going drug-user types from highschool, they are harmless hipsters actually
yes there is drug, and mostly it's parties full of those skinny chicks who do heroine and stoners with hipster glasses and they listen to shitty alternative music with emo guys and antifa types

they are all rich kids really, the kind of people who get bullied on the surface, not bullies

don't get me wrong paris is a fucking nigger shithole in many places YES, most of the northern part really, but honestly it's probably more dangerous for op above than below
the catacombs aren't included in shithole paris at all

op just find a group of hipsters on the internet or irl, tell them you are american and you'd like them to take you to a party in the catacombs
>>
>>1285147
Wait no i hate niggers as much as you do but i have to be honest, no, most of Paris is like a white gated community with police everywhere, the real 3rd world is outside the walls
Paris is only as much of a shithole as would be New York or Los Angeles or whatever

18th/19th/20th are shit yes but only moderately compared to the suburbs
And this is where they sent the refugees funnily enough, the parts that were already full of niggers are the only ones the new niggers can afford
Even then 18th has filthy rich places like on that platform around the sacré-coeur which is full of tourists, and 19th/20th are gentrifying
All of that city is constantly gentrifying t b h it's so fucking expensive

I mean Macron and all his ministers live in Paris, all the journalists live in Paris, do you really think these people live around the filth they create ? No we all know they fucking don't
It's like an ivory-tower community of 2 million rich white liberals living in the middle of a sea of 10 million brazilian-tier nigger slum
That is why Parisians are so arrogant and 95% voted Macron, if they had to live with niggers everyday they wouldn't vote Macron so much
>>
>>1289886

heroine's pretty intense m8 tb h not looking to get SIDA or anything like that, but partying sounds quite fun. if you know any groups of cataphiles where do they normally hang out? would I have any luck asking around at the brasseries near the 5e 13e where I presume the students chill and congregate?

is there some sort of online community?
>>
>>1289923
well it's intense but it's rarely 40kg women that assault grown men

idk exactly where they are, yes do ask in bars, i know there are some of those people who hang out in the "petite ceinture" bars

yes there's definitely facebook groups, search for like "cataphiles" or "soiree catacombes" i think
>>
>>1289946

thanks anon. have you ever been down there before? Im guessing you are parisien, yeah?

Im thinking that if I dont go this time around I can always go back to paris once I network a bit more, i'll be living in nord pas de calais for awhile and this luckily wont be my last time in the capital. unfortunately all of my french friends are claustrophobic and wont even consider going with me , shit sucks dude
>>
>>1289948
I've been once in high school yeah but i was drunk and i don't remember that much
I am yes and i'd hang out with you actually but i am leaving tomorrow

>nord pas de calais
lol have fun
why nord pas de calais ?
not saying it's a shithole especially since everyone here will give me shit for being parisian but it does have a bad reputation let's be honest
>>
>>1289954

>why nord pas de calais ?

going to do my masters degree in lille, yeah it has a bad rep in france of course but the centre ville is fine and theres always stuff to do. certainly helps that belgium is within walking distance as well, you can also blablacar to basically any EU country for under 20 e from there. certainly the banlieues like moulins and lille sud are to be avoided but you could say the same for any other large french city

if you're back in town and near the 5e / 13e next wed thru fri hit me up and we can boire un coup
>>
Bump. Il n y a pas des cataphiles sur /trv/?
>>
>>1285145
How is Marseille to visit compared to the rest of france?
>>
>>1291948

I enjoyed it quite a bit. I lived just north of Marseille for several months and took many day trips into the city. Theres a lot of things to do and see so let me know what interests you so I can recommend what you are looking for. The vieux port (old port) is definitely worth checking out no matter your interests though.
>>
Jesus, the French have been coming in and trying to derail threads recently. Not sure why they have such a problem with Americans in their country but seem to have no problem with Arabs.
>>
>>1292808
Yeah right, and this isn't an attempt to derail a thread that is finally going well.
No need to be French to despise your kind, mate
>>
>>1292813
Lmao well, Muhammad, the good thing about being American is that I don't care about what someone from an irrelevant country thinks of me.
>>
>>1291948
Worst place I've ever been too, disgusting people, dirty streets, the street outside my apartment had 3 prositites, multiple rats and a van drove into a lorry (all the same night) couldn't pay me to go back
>>
>>1292828
Just to add onto my original comment, I flew into Nîmes then got the train over to Marseille. Nîmes is lovely and I fully recommend.
>>
>>1292828
Marseille is kind of an acquired taste.
It's got a lot of great thing (popular life, food, great architecture, local art, etc.), but it's to be considered as a developing country city, not a western level city.

Thank the Algerians for that.
>>
>>1285145
J'y suis allé une fois quand j'étais au lycée.

The area between Petite ceinture, Alésia metro and Porte d'Orléans has a lot of entries. Some of them are even official service accesses that can't really be "locked", and that anyone with basic welding skills can make a key-thing for.

When I went it was with some stoners from my class and we jumped over a wall-thing (I remember my friends referred to it as "la murge" and were used to climbing/scaling it) and then went down. It was in the beggining of the summer and it hadn't rained in a while, so it was quite dry: by this, I mean water only came up to my knees at the wettest part, though judging from the stains and color of the walls, it's normally waist-high in many areas.
bring lights and a jacket (it was end of june and
I was in shorts on the surface, but I was freezing under). Wear a bonnet, or even a helmet if you have one available, because often in the shadows cast by your flashlight, you can't see that the ceiling is suddenly much lower.
That's all I can say though, because I only went once, the guy I went with though still goes to this day, and from his experiences, I can give this advice: wait to get un-high before going back out, out if you plan on smoking down there, my friend got hurt walking out while high.

Also, according to him, he likes to go down there because it's nigger/bougnoul - free unlike the streets. He buys his drugs there because he buys them off hipster kids and feels much safer doing it that way, because they have no reason to shoot or harm you.

Bonne chance l'anon
>>
>>1292867
aussi: pour accéder au mur, on était descendus depuis la rue Didot, puis on a marché un peu.
>>
>>1292869
>>1292867

Merci pour le conseil mec. Do you still go with your friend at all? Would he be willing to take a foreigner from a Chinese basket weaving forum? La prochaine fois que je serai a paris je vais essayer la rue didot, grand merci a toi anon
>>
>>1292867
>Also, according to him, he likes to go down there because it's nigger/bougnoul - free unlike the streets.
How insecure is your friend ? He looks like a bitter unironic /pol/tard.
>>
>>1292968
He's not in France for the next few months as far as I'm concerned, and I don't go with him anymore, and only see him once every few months now. I could ask though, but I doubt it.

>>1293071
He's an armyfag now, so you never know with those people. I don't think he goes on /pol/, because he doesn't speak English, and (like many moderate right-wing people in europe) he doesn't really believe in "removing" immigrants, because of considering them yo be "inferior", he just doesn't like them because he's had a few bad experiences I guess. As long as they have places where they can be alone with their country's history and "pure compatriots", these kind of people won't be a problem like the Charlottesville poltards.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.