[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Traveling to DC!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: og-image.png (1MB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
og-image.png
1MB, 1200x630px
I'm going to travel to DC with a friend before I sell my soul to the military and I wanted to know what are some "must see" places to visit. Not including all of the famous monuments/museums etc. because we are gonna hit em up anyways. Pretty good food recommendations are also welcome. We will be there for about a week. Thanks for any tips!
>>
>>1285142

Why would you visit DC? Why not go abroad?

Honestly there isn't a whole lot to do in DC outside of visiting the war memorials and seeing a couple of museums. If you're there for a week it's going to be absolute overkill.

Also avoid certain areas of the mall (not shopping center, the national park called the mall). They are incredibly dangerous in some parts. DC has a tendency of being quite clean and rich on one street and an absolute third world shithole on an adjacent streets so you need to be careful and practice common sense to stay safe from hoodlums.

All else being equal though you should have chosen any other city, if you are forced into visiting only cities in USA due to budget constraints you should have atleast went to NYC. Washington DC is bottom tier for visiting, sorry to pre preemptively disappoint you. After you and your buddy visit the monuments and the war memorials (+ maybe the pentagon) you will have nothing else to do for a full week and will probably regret it.
>>
>>1285157
i hate dc, but a lot of my less traveled friends really liked it

supposedly these days there are lots of nice coffee shops and clubs

spending hundreds to drink coffee seems dumb, but to each theor own
>>
>>1285158
i actually hate the taste of coffee
>>
>>1285157
the reason why i chose dc is because i have a close friend that lives in Virginia and close to dc and I've never been there. Traveling abroad would have been too expensive. I've been to NYC before and I wanted something new.
>>
>>1285142
Fuck off; we're full.
>>
>>1285157

I...what? No part of the mall is dangerous even late at night. Other parts of the city, sure. But you wouldn't go to those places as a tourist anyway.
>>
>>1285142

If you're into history, go to Lincoln's cottage up in Petworth, or the house where he died. If you're into military stuff you might like the Udvar-Hazy space center even though that's out in Virginia.

If you like nature go to Rock Creek Park.

What kind of food are you into? There's plenty of good Ethiopian food in the city and good Chinese and Korean food in the suburbs.

If you're gonna go out go to U Street or Dupont Circle.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.