[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Moving to spain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: madrid.jpg (189KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
madrid.jpg
189KB, 1280x800px
I have almost $9000 dollars saved up in my bank account. I just graduated HS, and I worked way too many hours at shitty entry-level/manual labour jobs, but now I have a decent amount of money cause of it. I need to attend a semester of university for my parents, but I have a meaty scholarship and unlimited meal plan, so I plan on spending almost no money. Is it realistic to think I could move to spain in january? I am getting a useless degree so Idc about college, and I looked online and found rooms for rent at under 250 euros in alcala de henares. As for jobs, idk how it works there. I am pampered from living in texas, where I could literally just walk up to a construction site as soon as I looked over 13 and get 10$ per hour work. Is it similar there? I know spain had a harsh job market, but is it still easy to get jobs people don't want to do? Or, even better, is it semi-easy to get cushy jobs like restaurant work/not backbreaking shit? I don't plan on having a family, I just need money to eat and pay for rent, along with enough money to maybe hire a whore every now and again. I now flights to madrid are ridiculously expensive from texas, so if anyone has any tips as to how I can save money on that pls help. Also idk how visas work. The only foreign country ive been to is mexico and I have literally never been stopped going into the country, I have never even got my passport stamped there, I just bring my driver's license. So ya, thats all I got. Is what I want to do possible?
>inb4 why do you want to move, grass isnt greener, etc
I just wanna get out in the world, and I have nothing tethering me to the states. Europe/asia/africa look cool and they are more accessible there, plus I can always go back to the americas.
>>
also i forgot to mention it but I speak pretty decent spanish. I can socialize/make friends pretty easy in mexico, and I've never had a major problem come up because of communication.
>>
>>1284755
Youth unemployment is really massive in Spain and in addition to this you will be competing for the shittier jobs with millions of Romanians poles and whoever else who do actually have permission to work there thanks to the free movement in the EU.
Im not sure if there is a working holiday type agreement for Spain with the USA- I doubt it but you can always look into it as that would be your best (and possibly only) chance.To be honest you sound like you haven't researched any of this at all, which is strange for such a big life move... But hey ho... Maybe the best thing for you would be to do a tiny bit of research about the country you want to move your entire life to. But that's just the opinion of a stranger on the internet,
Good luck fucker- you'll need it.
>>
>>1284755
You'll probably have a better chance at getting job in like Australia or NZ on a working holiday visa. Europe is pretty saturated.

I have a friend in NZ right now, and he works as a backpacker at a travel agency there. But there are bar/restaurant jobs too. Ask the hostel/hotel staff when you get there, they'll find you something.
>>
>>1284755

Real advice incoming from a former expat

You have to get a real visa in order to work in any formal jobs outside of the menial ones. Your tourist visa only permits you 3 months in all of shengen zone and you are unable to work while visiting EU.

That being said, you can work formally if you apply and receive a student visa. This is actually incredibly easy and is exploitable as you only have to sign up for a language course at a college in your country of choice. I did this and was able to work as an english teacher for a private school in a western EU country and make very good amounts of money.

If you intend on flying in without a visa you are only permitted to stay for 3 months as mentioned earlier. If you overstay your visa you will probably get fined at best and deported at worst so definitely try to get one unless if you aren't going to stay for any length of time
>>
>>1284755
>As for jobs, idk how it works there
>is it semi-easy to get cushy jobs like restaurant work
40% youth unemployment in Spain, genius. You're at university so learn how to do basic research before you get yourself into real trouble.
>>
>>1284798
Yes lad, I understand the youth unemployment shit. I also know that when I lived in neighborhoods riddled with unemployment in places like cali, all it took was walking up to the nearest group of spics and asking for a shovel and minimum wage. I am fine doing shitty jobs that no one else wants to do, and I am not moving there for work. I am moving there because living in mainland europe will exponentially open up cheap travel opportunities, and the only languages I speak are english and spanish, and since there are no english speaking mainland europe countries spain is my only choice.
>>
>>1284755
You sound mature for your age, i wish i had that kind of thinking when i was 18. Now is the time to do what you're talking about. I borrowed my way into oblivion because i was told thats "what you do" and i'll probably never be able to move to europe, much less travel extensively there.
>>
>>1284920
OP has a point, most unemployment exists because of lazy entitled fucks....

Theres a difference between no jobs, and people who are "above" working construction or pick fruit.

Here in America you can be a piece of shit and let uncle sam bail you out......

You will have to get a working visa OP to get residency and stay longer than 90 days out of every 180..... (90 days EU, 90 days away, 90 days EU, 90 days Away)

Or go to a country with 1 year visa for Americans.... Albania, Georgia.....
>>
My brother went to Spain to visit his wifes family. He drank the local water or something and shat blood.

Why the fuck is spain's water, a first world nation, making you shit blood? Fucking spain.
>>
>>1285024
Spanish here.

I live in Mallorca, and never drink water in the Islands of Spain, the water is the worst water you can make your kidneys drink.

It won't make you bleed your butthole like your brother says, but it's literally the worst, here we all drink bottled water for a reason, and that is because tap water is bad, hotel or not, restaurant or not, always ask for bottled water.

If you live in madrid per example, or seville, then tap water could maybe be OK. it depends.

BTW aren't you sure he didn't eat too much cayenne spicy food we have? (a good example is sobrasada picante, fuck I have eaten tons of this and its spicy as fuck and never bled my ass out)

>>1284755
If you are from the USA, and have good looks (dude, this is not the USA; here we want in your CV a picture of your fucking face, your name, and your address, in the top of the paper, or forget about getting a call) you can be hired pretty easy in good companies.

Go learn German and Spanish, and you are set. ask for getting a test in which you show your abilities in the job (if you have no previous experience in that job) and you can get a job (but working for free with 0 hours contract, like an apprentice) pretty easy.

In the case you worry about the girls, the girls are getting westernized (too much instagram and facebook, following top social media influencers from USA, making them behave too American) I'm talking for the girls below the age 25, the older than this, the less westernized.

About your construction bubble, I'm sorry to burst it, but no liquidity, no workers, no constructions. (Apart from you need "PRL" document, which is Prevencion de Riesgos Laborales, meaning Prevention of Laboral RIsks, if you want to work in a construction site. it's cheap now a days, I heard is about 20-100€ now. used to be in the 300+ some time ago)

1/2
>>
2/2

>>1285043

Many got stopped long ago half-done. some are getting finished ages later. It's embarrasing.

You'd be better off going to the UK my friend, or Germany (if you want to find a job quickly and be paid fairly)

The good thing here in Spain is the food, and the quick sex, that is all. rest is pure shit (well, internet connection is pretty good too, not unstable as it was some time ago even in the USA)

(About visa and document stuff, you can find it in google so why mention it)

Have fun,

2/2
>>
>>1285043
>>1285044
Thanks man. I am glad you told me about the job stuff. My main reason for moving isn't work, it is just to go live in another country and be closer to cool travel destinations.
I also have a question for anyone here: If I am an 18 year old with no business interests/professional degree, how do I get a work visa/permission to work in spain? A lot of people talk about how you need a fucking phd or someshit to actually get work visas in europe, but I know a lot of people who have lived in european countries that didn't have degrees or jobs, they just did menial jobs like I want to do. Of course, they did this before the year 2000, but I assume it can't have changed that much.
>>
>>1284755

You're only chance is being an English teacher or club promoter. A lot of language agencies hire illegal Americans to teach. Aside from that the job market is shit, and nom exsistant if you don't speak Spanish. If your white, your visa situation doesn't even matter, they are more concerned about kicking out the pakis and Africans. don't be a fuckin retard and go to college if you have a free ride. Ur 18, you don't know shit yet.
>>
>>1285299
>If I am an 18 year old with no business interests/professional degree, how do I get a work visa/permission to work in spain?
You wait a few years until you have a marketable skill, you go to college like your parent's want you to, you spend a semester on exchange somewhere in Europe, you pursue a career that corresponds with your passions, and one day you look back on your plans to illegally dig ditches or wash dishes in Spain as the folly of adolescence and have a giggle.
>>
PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO EVERYTHING IM GONNA SAY

Youth unemployment is one of the highest in Europe, if not the world. The jobs you might want will be given to native spaniards (given they don't move to Peru) or Eastern Europeans who will do your job for half the price you will.

In October, Catalonia is voting for independence. If the vote passes, some real serious shit is gonna happen. Probably some sort of war, uncertain economies, but Spain will most likley collapse within 10 years of the vote.

If you move to Spain, you'll regret it
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.