[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

stuck in morocco

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: index.png (2KB, 272x185px) Image search: [Google]
index.png
2KB, 272x185px
you have to help me /trv/, I went into morocco on a whim from spain and now I'm at a dead end

flights are really expensive here for some reason, and the country seems disconnected from it's neighbors

it's just 50 degree heat, minor chimp outs, thieving monkey people and sand here
>>
You're in the friendliest country on earth, and one of the most beautiful. To find sand in Morocco you have to drive multiple days through forests and snowcapped mountains. Gotta wonder what it takes to satisfy you.
What do you mean flights are expensive? You can fly to pretty much any country in Europe for less than 100 euro. If you want to get to America, look for flights out of Casa.
Perk up.
>>
dont tell me what to do!! I dont have to help anyone!
>>
>>1284615
smiling doesn't make people friendly, today six people tried to cheat me variously.
dishonestly is a way of life here, and it's exausting, for a day or two it's a novelty, but I'm sick of being overcharged for a handfull of beans, someone insisting I pay 15DM to load luggage on a bus, pretending not to speak english, "this way closed', "where you stay", the motherfukers try to short change me literally three or four times a day

and as for the sand, let me assure you I am in it.

the flights here are way too expensive, short inter-cirt flights are like 80 euro, and international flights cost twice as much as inter-european flights.
sure I can do paris for 120euro, but I can take six flights out of paris for that much
>>
>>1284610
People seem to hate Morocco and talk shit on it constantly.

I guess I'm s weirdo because I loved Tangier. But I was also much much happier living in my car than I was in my current large apartment. So yeah maybe you don't want my opinion.
>>
>>1284624
I've seen as much of morocco as most people do, it's just hte question of where to go next

west Africa is crawling with terrorists at the moment and Morocco isn't exactly well connected to it's neighbors

Senegal would be nice, but that' one hell of a bus trip and royal maroc flight out of Casablanca are expensive as shit

so many stupid tourists from england and shit here, paying euro for day tours, booking everything out, putting up all the prices.
they are half the reason dealing with Moroccans is so fucking painful day to day, stupid tourists are a magnet for gib-be-dats
>>
What are you asking for? If you could be anywhere in the world where would it be?
Stop complaining about unoriginal tourists; you're one of them.
Go to Rabat, Meknes, or Taroudant. You won't meet one single hustler there, I promise. You think you'll find peace in Senegal, fucking lol, you ain't seen shit yet.

Charging to load luggage on the bus is standard, btw. Moroccans usually pay 5 or 10dh. I'd hardly call 15dh a scam attempt.
>>
>>1284629
I've always been curious about Tangier myself, I think Western Sahara may have fewer terrorists than you'd think.

Other than those, as a white guy I would recommend flying to Ghana or something. Don't bother with Kenya, South Africa or Namibia l, they're great but deserve their own regional trips to be honest. If I was in Morocco I'd check out some West African countries thethen head home. North Africa could be comfy and cool, but it's just not the safest place to be at the momment.....Stay away from Libya, obviously.

Trains in Maroc are dirt cheap but flights are quite expensive. Africa's air market is severely fucked up. It's often cheaper to fly to certain African capitals than it is to fly from nieghboring African countries.
>>
>>1284633
>nnot spending 3 months in Casablanca alone.

Fool.
>>
>>1284633
meknes was nice, still toying up rabat, honestly when I left the touri town I foud nothing to do

I'd like to be in georgia, but I'm not sure how to get there
it seems the days of cruising around the med are over

>>1284635
west saharah is mostly seperatists, not terorists
but AQ affiliates, daesh and the muslim brotherhood are everywhere here, seriously
>>
Stop being silly OP. Unless you are completely awkward and/or born under a bad sign, Moroccans are absolute bro-tier. Get up into the atlas mountains. I guess harvest season is around the corner. But if you want to cop out, go to Ceuta or Melilla. You can be there in a couple of hours and you can get your precious bocadillo with jamon behind barbed wire, under the protection of guardia civil.
>>
>>1284610
>taxi to bus station, 30 Dirham (don't get jewed)
>approx 30 Dirham bus ride to Tangier
>approx 400 Dirham (40 Euro) ferry ride to Algeciras

Wow so expensive. 60 beaverbux to get out.

Use your brain
>>
>>1284610
>>1284621

>You *have* to help me
>I'm at a dead end
>everything is too dear
>they pretend to not speak *my* language in their country

Yeah, travelling can be difficult. But you went to a country on a "whim" and complain about Sand.
You sound like a fucking cunt and you deserve everything you get.

Not often this type of response is on /trv but it seems to be infested with cunts lately, complaining about having the privilege to go somewhere and it not being ideal.
120eur for a plane flight. A huge aircraft which flies long distances, includes airport tax, fuel etc.
No, I want to travel for freeee so someone else help me.

Go fuck yourself mate. You give off about the tourists. You're a tourist no matter what you think, if you spoke the language you'd be a traveller, yet still a tourist in a poor country who want money as they can do little. They don't want to give charity to richer tourists.

Get on a plane home and stop polluting everyone else.
I bet you're the cunt in the hostel who bums off me and won't stop complaining, while also bragging about everywhere you've been and how great it was.

Did I already call you a cunt? If not you're a cunt
>>
>>1284795
>infested with cunts lately, complaining about having the privilege to go somewhere and it not being ideal
It's summer, anon. Kids are out of school, and Ameritrumps are enjoying their 2 weeks of holidays during a Mediterranean heatwave...
>>
>>1284795
Why the vitriol? OP wants a discussion. Calm down.
>>
>>1284973
bruh, everything he said was true though.
OP is a fag, probably a solo traveling white kid aged 19-23 who has yet to grow up.
>>
>>1284973
Maybe 'cause the non-travelers are getting quite tedious here.
>>
>>1284982
Only that "white kid" is right "mostly"

Source: Am moroccan.
>>
>>1284984
why do you namefag if you never give any good information and just make incredibly pretentious posts?
>>
>>1284795
>if you spoke the language

That is ridiculous, nobody can know the language of every country they visit unless they deliberately limit their destinations.
>>
>>1285840
many euros in particular take language skills for granted.
They learn in their school curriculum then look down their noses at everyone else.

>>1284984
>accusing someone posting from another country of being a "non-traveler"
>namefagging

>>1284797
there were a lot from britain actually, usually found buying carpets, paying 80EU for walking tours or being stolen from.
I try to help, but there are just so many and they come and go so fast they can't learn anything in time for it to pay off

>>1284795
this is a traveling community, we all have good and bad experiances.
saying "complaining about having the privilege to go somewhere and it not being ideal." is a fully SJW move. Sometimes you go somewhere and it's awful, simple as that.

Moroccans in major cities *cough* Marrakesh *cough* are broadly speaking a bunch of thieves, liars and conmen.

and let me tell you why I'm laying it down hard on Morocco in particular.
I've been traveling for years, and I have been to some really poor countries, much poorer than morroco. Often those people wanted to learn from you, or saw you as a opportunity for growth.
Moroccans are comparatively wealthy, and just see you as a quick buck.
Fucks sake it's not even the impoverished regional farmers who lie and steal, it's the better off city scum
"earned" for them is synonymous with "gotten"

Corruption is rife, the police get bribes directly from hustlers and thieves.
Cartel conduct is common, when I say things are too expensive I don't mean "unaffordable", I mean "artificially inflated".
For you average weekend bomber from europe they might not even notice; but I am loosing literally a fifth of my budget because I am unable to get local prices on things like water, vegetables and bus tickets.

Too many people think morocco will be cheap on paper, but overspend because they are fighting a constant battle against Morrocans who will ruin your holiday for a few dirhams
*drops mic*
>>
>>1285833
>namefag
You use that word. It does not mean what you think it means
>you never
Keep your anons separate, dearie
You are a Samefag though: >>1285879

Bitter Agadir visitor detected. You seem to enjoy polfagging about Morocco, one of the world's most sociable countries, just because you can not navigate your way around some hustlers. Maybe you should stay in Malaga?
>>
File: Capture.jpg (28KB, 433x202px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
28KB, 433x202px
>>1285887
>namefag being anything other than someone who doesn't post as anon
>not knowing how to actually detect samefags

you should leave
>>
>>1285898
K. I stand corrected. That "of" was not intentional at all. Therefore that comment.

The rest of what I write stands though, you polfag meme-traveler, prolly not in Morocco at all.
>>
File: bill buckley laff.jpg (19KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
bill buckley laff.jpg
19KB, 460x276px
smoke hash or opium and chill with middle class moroccans. If you seriously cannot handle some hustlers and touts then take the ferry back to spain. I did high quality cheap heroin, had tea with opium dealer's family, almost got in a knife fight with a pack of dogs in the middle of nowhere at 5 am, rode past said dogs on a random berber's horse drawn wagon and hit them with rocks. hung out of a speeding night train staring at the sky after conspiring with some morrocan bros to get the train doors open so we could smoke. Watched season premier of game of thrones on a tangier rooftop with morrocans and foreigners from all over the place, and met some amazing people. All I wish I had was more time in that country.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.