[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

American opinion of spain and spanish

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

What's your opinion about spain and its people?
>>
Seems worth a visit. I've heard Basque cuisine is the best in Europe. I want to visit San Sebastian.
>>
>>1284595
Tapas were overrated, Spanish food in general is not very good; but you guys have a superior drinking culture.

Beautiful countryside, I found the cities less interesting than I expected and I don't know why or think I can justify those feels. There are tons of cool cultural events, I liked that a lot.

Guys were fun to hang out with, they're funny bros. Girls seemed kinda snotty.
>>
>Spain
Aesthetically it's probably the most beautiful country in Europe, both in its nature and in its villages and cities. I love the spectrum of cultures, cuisine, and architecture. The best part about the nature is the diversity, from the hardwood forests and snowcapped mountains in the north to the deserts and mediterranean forests in the south.
>its people
Generally speaking, I've found them to be very standoffish. In my experience, they won't even make eye contact or respond when you say 'buenas dias' to a stranger on the street. Hardly anyone speaks any other languages, not even French or Italian. Moreover, hitchhiking is next to impossible in Spain, and that's my main standard for judging people.
>>
>>1284638
I forgot to add, IMO Spain has the most beautiful women in Europe.
>>
>>1284640
>most beautiful in Europe
Only in terms of accent, I guess you like tall, dark haired, and flat chested women?
>>
How is this a /trv/ thread
>>
>>1284654
Why not?
>>
>>1284622
No Galician cuisine is the best
> t. Galician-american
>>
Well, my opinion is very interesting

I like the food. All parts have great food, although my favorite is glaician.

I personally prefer the smaller towns and cities because they still have some old world charm to them.

As far as politics I hate Spain
My family comes from Galicia and the Basque Country, and my favorite soccer team from Catalonia. In fact, my grandfathers first language was galician, and his town still speaks Galician
Culturally the regions should be split up more. I want independence. Now.
>>
The girl I want to marry is Spanish but I don't think I have even a remote possibility of a chance with her. She's cute, well educated/intelligent, very creative, and from what I see on social media just about the perfect girl.

For the most part though I find Spaniards to be brush and not very well educated. A lot of the guys in particular that I met have a "bum-life" kinda of style.

As for the country itself, I've only been for a very short visit so I can't comment fully but the food was amazing, the architecture quite interesting and since I'm somewhat of a history/art nerd I was in love with the country. Would like to visit some day but first I have to figure out how to swoon this girl I met.
>>
>>1284595
I've been do Madrid, Seville, and Barcelona on three different occasions

>Madrid
Extremely boring. Museums were great and I love iberian ham, but really drab.

>Barcelona
Beautiful, but extremely touristic

>Seville
Similar. Just felt like a tourist town.

Overall, many European countries kind of depress me. I just see reminders of an empire that peaked a while ago and is now in decline, and most people just seem kind of resigned. It's a nice life -- much nicer than most parts of the US -- but stagnant.
>>
>>1284655

Because there's a place for this kind of threads and it's called /int/
Stop polluting this board ffs
>>
I spent two weeks in Madrid furthering my Spanish and my first impression was a bit of a disappointment. But the city grew on me. I'm already planning on going back. The younger women are a bit snobbish (being from the U. S. I'm kinda used to that). But I think, people for the most part just like their privacy. It's very westernized in that sense. The nightlife was incredible and once you get into the groove of the city it will draw you in. I felt like the people I had to interact with, such as service workers or random people I would ask for directions were pleasent if not genuinely nice and willing to help you.
>>
>>1284648
>spaniards
>tall
>>
>>1284648
>spanish accent
>good

french is the best
>>
>>1285652
The French accent can be cute but I feel like most French women play hard to get (which isn't necessarily a bad thing)

I feel like Spanish women play hard to get because they are harder to get, and they're maybe a bit prude as well.

I had two French cuties come up and start hitting on me in my two days in Paris. In my two weeks in Madrid, I had little to no positive reactions with Spanish women.

Italian women though.
>>
They are so loud.

All women have those hoarses voices from constantly speaking too loud.
Nothing worse than having four talking/shouting Spanish people in a 0 - 250 meter distance.
>>
>>1284595
Hive mind motherfuckers.
You are useless on your own, and loud in groups. A Spanish 18 year old is about hte equivalent of a 15 year old in Central Europe. There is a reason you don't travel very well.
The country is great though. Love the Roman relics. Love that all the cities are filled to the brim with history. Going through it all and seeing those place-names (Toledo, Sevilla, Granada etc etc) and actually know something about those places 'cause they are an integral part of European history. Also love the fact that you are taking giant steps towards complete tolerance for Cannabis.
>>
>>1285837
Same. Had nothing against Spaniards until my years in student dorms. Noisy, smelly and generally rude.

Socially they were always too much, every woman the most beautiful and every food was the best tasting. Superlatives are raining for the ones who appreciate words rather than meaning.
>>
>>1285852
>>1284595
>American
Not american although I doubt half the people visiting from the US bother to differ Spain from Germany even.
>>
>>1284626
all of this

The tourists towns feel uninspired, barcelona has a good scene though
plus Spanish women are immodest

currently in seville, because hostels in all the small places seem booked. Feeling salty about 14 euro rooms in souless hotel come hostels
>>
spanish girls are best
>>
>>1285849
Lol they are not as bad as a group of young drunk Brits or Americans desu
>>
>All these sore virgins that can't handle Spanish Chadery
>>
>>1285985
>young drunk Brits or Americans desu
Sure, but that was hardly the point.
>>
>>1286189
But it's definitely a regular occurrence in Spain.
>>
>>1285813
>French women play hard to get (which isn't necessarily a bad thing)

They don't do that at all and that's why I loved them so much. Playing hard to get is definitely a bad thing.

I'm not saying they're easy, but they don't bullshit, and that's refreshing.
>>
>>1284595
nice people but not particularly intelligent, and rather corrupt

there is more to life than being nice
>>
>>1287763
this might not translate well, but showing up to the race is not enough to win

spaniards are nice but objectively fall short on nearly every single measure of what it takes to not create an impoverished country
>>
I always find it funny when people talk about Spain as if it were a poor country.
>>
>>1287944
Well, it's not Portugal
>>
>>1287948
ahaha, sorry, the numbers did not follow.
It is a GDP per capita map. Spain, although not impoverished, is poorer than any other country in Western Europe apart from Portugal
>>
You're Hispanics right? A lot of people here don't like you because they think you're stealing their jobs, but I look at you and how hard you work and think about my own immigrant ancestors and how they came here for a better life for themselves and their families. Ignore all the political rhetoric, you guys are alright.
>>
Is Bilbao any good?i want to see Basque things so i dont care about the guggenheim.
Also i heard its very difficult to get laid with a basque girl, is that true?
>>
maybe someone in this thread knows

Why are busses in spain so expensive, am I missing something?

I'm paying as much for long distance buses between cities as I would pay for a flight!

20EU algezieras to seville
13EU seville to cordoba
local busses are like 1.5EU for a five minute ride

I just don't get it
>>
>>1289140
ironically, there are price inversions for various services in poor countries as efficiency/demand decline

there are other confounding factors, such as central planning, etc

ask a spaniard and hr will tell you it is greedy capitalists, hence the state of their economy kek
>>
>>1287948
Portugal is actually improving, senpai
Don't you guys have a really big unemployment rate? :^)
>>
>>1285890
>spanish
Yeeeaaaaa but she aint brown
>>
>>1289192
>eurozone
>improving
pfffffffffff
>>
>>1287950
Being the (second) poorest in a rich region doesn't mean anything
>>
>>1285890
been in spain a week and havn't even talked to one

fucking kill me senpai
>>
>>1284622
It's worthless. I've tried it, it's just stupid greasy cuisine. Go to italy instead. I'm french
>>
>>1284638
I have a lot of trouble getting to speak with spanish people when i meet some of them. 50% of them are really fun, cool, easy going. And 50% of them are just silent judgemental bored bastards. Usually, i try to rapidly sort spanish people in one of these two categories to know whether it's worth engaging in a conversation.
I'm french
>>
>>1284648
Spanish girls seem quite conservative, anyways
>>
>>1287756
Maybe you had a good experience in paris. But usually french girls are playing h2g. They are very emotional they don't know what they expect.
>>
>>1287950
Remove the astounding impact of the tourism industry and this country will juste get back to morocco level
>>
>>1289585
>Spanish girls seem quite conservative, anyways

Does that mean the odds of me finding a tall girl in a floral flamenco dress to get on her knees infront of me and braaap in my face aren't good?

Also how to say brap in espanol onamonapia?
>>
>>1289594
Brapo
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>1284595
Kek. I compiled the responses ITT into a Spain "guide". Is there a way to use this to troll r/Spain or some similar easily-salted outlet?
>>
>>1289594
go to huelva

>>1289585
Not really. Less slutty than in UK in general, but if they have the chance they can be turbowhores

>>1289594
>brap in spanish
prrrrrrrrt
>>
>Spain - cool country

>spanish - the women are hot as fuck
>>
>>/int/
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.