[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Road Trip to USA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 2

File: kuggjhfgfxdzs.png (694KB, 1289x962px) Image search: [Google]
kuggjhfgfxdzs.png
694KB, 1289x962px
Hey /trv/, im going on a road trip with a few friends from Calgary down to Los Angeles and back up the coast to Victoria. None of us have ever been to these parts of the states before and I dont wanna miss anything worth checking out. So I figured id come here and see if you guys have suggestions on things or places to check out along our route. thanks in advance to anything.
>>
File: colorado.jpg (3MB, 4000x2670px) Image search: [Google]
colorado.jpg
3MB, 4000x2670px
>>1284460
couple of things
1) it looks like your route is cutting through a lot of small towns and cities. is this a trip where your looking to party and hit up the night life or camp and take in the beauty of the rockies and west coast? if its the former you did Ok, but if its the latter you missed a lot of great areas.
2) drive near the water man. Oregon coast is fantastic and going through salem/eugene/medford would be a huge missed opportunity.
3) >L.A.
there's going to be people who defend it, i've been there 3-4 times and i always leave thinking it's a shithole. seriously its Mexico City 2.0. its dirty, hard to get around, and traffic is awful. go to San Diego instead.
4) if you're going out as far as Vegas check out the grand canyon and Sedona, AZ. beautiful stretch of land and vastly different than anything on your route.
Good luck OP and I await to hear from anons telling me how wrong i am about LA.
>>
Is that the shortest possible route according to google maps for you? It misses soooo much good stuff that is just a little out of your way.
Like, for real, your start is near glacier national park, do that for mountains and hiking.
You miss yellowstone as well, what the heck?
While in Utah go east a few hours and go through capitol reef national park, then take state highway 12 south and west through escalante national monument(unless you are afraid of heights, that road is amazing in a cartoon like way.) go to Bryce Canyon for crazy rock formations. Your route currently skims the edge of zion national park, very popular and crowded frequently, but worth the stop.
Go to the north rim of Grand Canyon, it is so worth it. I like it better than the south rim anyway.
Your drive from LA to the Bay Area is friggin boring no matter how you cut it, since hwy 1 is still closed for who kno s how long. You might consider doing some back roads from coalinga north to pinnicales national park, that's a real nice old winding highway, and pinnicales is nice, if small.
North cali has mt lassen, which I love the area of, but it's a ways east of your current route, and I think the coast road as anon pointed out above is more scenic. Plus it has the redwoods. Waaaay slower than I 5 though.
Olympic national park is fantastic, and your current route is the boring side. West coast has redwoods and rainforests and dramatic pebble beaches, north side has hurricane ridge. I see you are shipping back north from port angeles, nice town. Hurricane ridge is the road that goes south out of town into the park, good campground here. The drive up the ridge is great and has good views if it isn't cloudy. The ridge itself has multiple trail heads and a visitor center, and again if it's not cloudy, views to die for of snowy mountains and forested Valleys. It looks like a scene out of middle earth. Also lots of wild life up there in the meadows.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.