[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Luggage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

Hey /trv/, tomorrow I'll be traveling internationally for the very first time via Condor Airline (I'm a poorfag). I'm really nervous and I was wondering if anyone else had used this airline before? I'm flying domestically first via Jet Blue to a larger airport, do I have to worry about my luggage?
>>
>>1284422
Are both flights on same itinerary or did you book them separately? If you booked them separately you ll have to pick up your checked luggage from jetblue and check it in again with condor. This will involve exiting and reentering security. You could also try telling jetblue about condor when checking in they might be able to tag it all the way. Condor is not a bad airline
>>
>>1284423
I booked it all through Condor.
>>
>>1284425
call condor and ask if they have a baggage agreement with jet blue, they should be able to tell you there and then if the baggage will go all the way through without any input from you, even if they say they do, look at your luggage tags before your bag is sent off and make sure they have the code for your final destination on them or ask the agent if you're using the desk
>>
>>1284451
According to Jet Blue's website their partner airlines, but I'll give Condor a call after work. Thank you.
>>
>>1284559
I flew them a week ago, they handled my luggage fine, same deal, you should be good
>>
>>1284425
Should be ok then
>>
>>1284451
>even if they say they do, look at your luggage tags before your bag is sent off
This is good advice and always an excellent habit to check your shit that is printed is correct. Gate agents, travel agents, anyone can make a mistake, esp to obscure airports (dunno where you're going on this Condor outfit).. Make sure your final city's airport code is listed on a luggage tag before a curbside or ticket counter agent takes it away from you. This is also really good advice when a bag is removed from you at a gate when overheads are full.

I'll tell you what nervousfag, if that plane was very early to the gate, got cleaned up and the agents are twidling their thumbs joking around, you can bother a gate agent for curiosity if they look unbusy, which only sometimes happens, and walk right up to them, and say, hey first time flier here, can you ease my mind and let me know if my bags made the connection? And they can check in their computer, fyi. But, gate agents are known to be overworked and kind of grumpy bitches dealing with the upgrade and standby passengers being a bother. Your right to ask them though. Do it with a smile and grateful thanks. Because of regulations that require bags to be removed if a passenger didn't board, trust me when they know if your bags are in the belly or not. Also as a first time flier, feel free to walk up with boarding passes to checkin and just double check yourself. Theyll begrudgingly look at those documents, nod and tell you to sit down. It could happen something was wrong, so that can ease your mind too. I'm in the right place? Cool.

Pro tips: Rush customs if your connection is overseas, hit the bathroom fast. Then,get your liter sized bottled water at a store, have your snacks, maybe fill up your coffee thermos with some hot tea at a business, a snack or two. Get to gate 35 mins in advance, now, dont leave the gate area again if alone. Charge up if possible, you could have a busted seat charger.
>>
>>1284586
I also work for a jetblue partner airline. We've had mixed results with them transfering bags to us when the itineraries are booked separately. Sometimes they do it, other times they dont. Im not sure what their official policy is, but not every agent may know how to add a segment for connecting baggage. (certainly possible)
>Because of regulations that require bags to be removed if a passenger didn't board, trust me when they know if your bags are in the belly or not
Not entirely sure the current regs on this one. Its been a while since Ive chucked bags, but bags misconnect all the damn time and have to get there eventually, which means they would be on a flight without the owner. I tried to look up the regs but found nothing on domestic positive passenger bag match.
It seems this is an issue for international flights, but thats according to flyer talk forums who never sited the CFRs(code of federal regulations) except for the regulations that say you cant disclose security sensitive information.
>
Gopbi seems to know what he's talking about
though. He's using the correct industry terminology.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k4144489-What_rules_for_checked_luggage_flying_with_the_passenger-Air_Travel.html
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.