[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

visiting bratislava from 15th august to the 18th got any recommendations?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

visiting bratislava from 15th august to the 18th
got any recommendations?

we are 3 guys and we thought to make 1 day sightseeing + bar night
1 day environs
>>
>>1284298
Someone can inform you better but here's the jist:

Has a nice vibe and everywhere will be accessible
Visit the castle and get a good view over the city. Walk down towards the cathedral/old town. Really can't remember the name of the "old town" but it's where the square is.
All around there are bars and coffee shops and restaurants.
Avoid the international bars as they just charge more. Go to a local bar.
They wait you at the table. Eat local food it's all great. Beer in local place should be €1.50ish
Try the local blackberry wine
Walk along the river

The city itself isn't that beautiful more the old buildings.
Go for hikes out of the city if you can. Not sure about busses but there are lots of nearby smaller towns with castles and hikes and shit

Where are you staying, what's your nationality?
>>
>>1284298
Try Kozes, Krusovice and Pilsner beer. There is one beer called something like no1 or similar to that it tastes like shit.

Course of money vary highly in city so be smart and ask, find on internet, where is best.
>>
Bratislava ain't worth a thread of its own imo.
From what I remember, Flagship restaurant is good and seems like the place locals go to.
Go to the castle, have a a few beers there.
Take a walking tour. (the guides have to out-do the city am I right)
Don't go to a place that says authentic Slovakian food in English. Those are tourist traps. Real places will be written in a language you won't understand.
>>
everytime I hear it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mYqY5YELd0
>>
make sure to check out Fabrika, a cool beer pub with its own brews and nice dishes
>>
>>1284421
where staying in mare mestro at some hostel, we are from germany ...
thanks for the tip

we'll def check out the castle
>>1284439
>Don't go to a place that says authentic Slovakian food in English
like prague so
visited last year ...
>>
>>1284298
You can see Bratislava in a day. It's a nice place, but very small. But 45 minutes on the train or 60 minutes on the bus puts you in central Vienna. Bratislava is basically an outer suburb. Much more to see and do there.
>>
>>1284804
True. There's nothing between Vienna and Moscow, whole eastern Europe is like a huge field.
>>
>>1284804
This, best thing about Bratislava is how close it is to Vienna and the Tatras.
>>
best district to stay in Pressburg?
>>
>>1284823
There's a lot to see in eastern Europe, but Bratislava just happens to be a small city in central Europe that American backpackers can see in a day.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.