[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever had troubles with the police / justice while abroad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

Have you ever had troubles with the police / justice while abroad?
>>
>>1284000
I once hit a cop when i was drunk.
Not really fair to say i had trouble with them. All they did was beat the shit out of me and drove me home.

Thanks ukrainian cops, for not killing me then and there
>>
>>1284000
German police waved me over on the autobahn from Hanover to Bremen: at first I thought because I was doing 160 km/h in a 130 km/l stretch, but turned out they wanted me to check my car reg documents - they gave me 7 days to present them at the local station, which I did. They told me they pulled me over because my car was UK plated and there were cases of stolen foreign cars being "delivered" to "customers". Very nice polite officers: one man one woman.
>>
>>1284005
greentext story pls
>>
>>1284000
Was robbed by cops without cause twice, once in Chişinău, Moldova, where it was slightly funny (they asked for 'a little something for champagne,' were content to let me go after giving them around US $6 in local currency, and it was the middle of the day on a main street); and once in Odessa, Ukraine, where it was a little scary (late at night, marched into an unlighted park and asked to lie down on the ground after handing over my wallet to a group of six or seven armed men, robbed of most of the cash I had on me, or about $120).

Moral of this story is don't speak Russian with post-Soviet law enforcement, even if you can, dumbass. Just cross the street and pretend not to understand them.
>>
>>1284375
>tfw was recently in Odessa and passed through Moldova

Also you must've had very shite luck. Have you told this story here before? Felt like I've read it.

>a group of six or seven armed men
Sure they were cops?

Also don't go to Moldova, it's absolutely awful.
>>
yeah a police guy stopped me in bali for not wearing a helmet while riding a scooter.
he invited me over to his little shed next to the boardwalk, shook my hands and told me i need to give him money.
gave him 10 bucks and was free to go
>>
>>1284375
You think not speaking Russian would of prevented it?
>>
>>1284000

Had to pay 1000 baht to a policeman for driving without a license around Chiang Mai.
>>
>>1284375
Your theory is possibly right.I've been arrested by Ukranian police in Kiev. They spoke 0 English, me 0 Russian, so after telling me countless things I couldn't understand, they finally let me go.
>>
>>1284402
Fugg. I'm going from Chisinau to Odessa next week. What's wrong with Moldova? (Asside from the crushing poverty).
>>
>>1284457
Why on God's green earth are you going there, then? Afaik 0 points of interest.
>>
>>1284375
>Moral of this story is don't speak Russian with post-Soviet law enforcement, even if you can, dumbass. Just cross the street and pretend not to understand them.

this is actually a very good advice. If someone harass yo abroad, trying to talk with them or arguing in their language is the worst thing. I found out that just acting dumb and pretending you don't understand shit is the best thing to do

also Moldova is utter shit, still dont know why people want to travel there
>>
>>1284402
>Also you must've had very shite luck.
Can't argue with that. And I'm also stupid for having engaged with them in a shared language.
>Have you told this story here before? Felt like I've read it.
I have. Seems to remain relevant periodically.
>a group of six or seven armed men
>Sure they were cops?
They were wearing uniforms, so I assume so.
>Also don't go to Moldova, it's absolutely awful.
I actually enjoyed Moldova, but I guess I kind of like awful. Small, dysfunctional countries are interesting to me. And at the time I had never met anyone who'd been there.
>>1284426
>You think not speaking Russian would of prevented it?
I feel pretty sure of that, yes. They spoke to me entirely in Russian; I don't think they would have gone through the trouble of trying to extort me if they'd had to use a foreign language to do it.
>>
>>1284457
>What's wrong with Moldova? (Asside from the crushing poverty).
Poverty and corruption, pretty much. It's also very small and almost entirely rural, so apart from some wineries and a couple of mediocre historical sites there is not a lot to see or do. Just two or three semi-dismal, tiny post-Commie cities. But as I said above, I had a good time in Moldova.
>>
>>1284375
I remember this greentext, the cop told you something like "if another policeman stops you tell him vladimir checked me" right?
>>
>>1284489
That was the one. Think his name was Andrei, though.
>>
>>1284488
Yeah. Figured as much. I'm spending a few days in Tiraspol too.
>>
>>1284472
This is very true of Chinese police too, particular traffic cops.

When they wave me down I just wave back and shrug my shoulders and keep on riding my bicycle/scooter right pussy then, they never give chase. Once I eden pointed to my watch and yelled "I'm late for work!" (Which was true).

Pointless really the fine is only 4 bucks
>>
>>1284000
Spring break in Mazatlan.
Get drunk, pass out in stall.
Wake up to a cop banging on the door.
Walk right past, briskly, saying something like, "I'm OK thanks."
Hightail it out of there.
Catch a golf cart taxi back to hotel.
Is beautiful night.
He was probably just checking on me, but I was 18, dumb and worried he would want money or to take me to some form of Mexican detox.
>>
File: IMG_20170513_173228-1.jpg (858KB, 1649x948px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170513_173228-1.jpg
858KB, 1649x948px
>>1284000
Got stopped by the notoriously corrupt Kyrgyz traffic police just outside of Bishkek. It turned out that one of the guys I was with worked for their successor to the KGB, so before they had time to start hustling for bribes he thrust his ID card at them. Curiously enough, they fucked off instantly...
>>
>>1284000

Got pulled over in a taxi very late at night in Bangkok by police who wanted to do a "drug check". I was with a local girl I'd met in a club. Gave them my ID and was frisked, half expecting for them to "find" something on me. Told them, without being prompted, that I was "police Australia police", which I wasn't, and they abruptly stopped searching shook my hand and sent me on my way. I wouldn't recommend pulling the police card though, I was quite drunk and it seemed like a good idea at the time...guess I got lucky.
>>
>>1284000
Got stopped by border patrol (douane) in France while driving a van with 25 grams of weed in it. Bob Marley was playing on the radio when I opened the window lmao they didn't find it though.
>>
I was in Poland about a year ago and a friend of mine started jay walking and a polish cop who couldn't speak English started yelling at him (We're from ny where it's legal). Luckily some polish-American tourist was there and sorted everything out with the cop or he would've gotten fined
>>
>>1284000
got into a heated argument with some taxi drivers at the guatemala-mexico border on the guatemala side of the border. some pushing and shoving, ended up walking away angrily. however a couple of guatemalan border guards took notice of the argument and started yelling at me in spanish, which i knew next to nothing of at the time. i kept walking and they shot me with a rubber bullet. that one hurt like hell.
>>
File: 1502228360103.jpg (42KB, 560x675px) Image search: [Google]
1502228360103.jpg
42KB, 560x675px
>be me, american tourist 24 yrs old
>absolutely shitfaced in alphine french skiiresort
>pissing on the walls of city hall / municipal building with a bunch of other wasted 20 somethings
>gendarmerie alerted and begin shouting warnings that they will fuck us up if we dont stop pissing on the building
>I run into the parking lot with my pants off and pissed behind a car while sweating bullets
>after pissing I realized I still had a pint glass I had inadvertently stolen from a local pub

I wish I had a better story but it was fucking hilarious at the time
>>
>>1284489
>>1284490
>the cop told you something like "if another policeman stops you tell him vladimir checked me" right?
Holy shit, now I know what to tell the Ukrainian cops to get off without having to pay them a single hryvnia.
>>
>>1286466
wtf? They just shot you like that? What happened after?
>>
>>1284437
You got ripped off,
Normal driver licence bribe in Chiang Mai is 400 bath
>>
Is j-walking actually illegal in some countries? I just fucking walk wherever the hell I like in the UK
>>
>>1286716

In Las Vegas it's an arrestable offence...and as retarded as that sounds, it does have a purpose, given the huge numbers of tourists (many of whom are shitfaced given you can drink in public) it would make transiting the strip in a car nigh on impossible unless there was a deterrent.
>>
>>1286716
Jaywalking is an offense in many parts of the world actually. Here in Canada you can get fined as much as $700 in some cities for it.(usually around $100)
>>
i got into several police controls in thailand with my scooter. The best one definitly was when i handed them a 500 and they splitted it into 5 hundreds, one for each pocket, in front of me.

After that i learned 2 tricks:

- Have a front camera, they wont bother stopping anyone with a frontcamera.

- Just dont stop. When they look for drunks and stuff and already have enough people, they wont bother following you if you look concentratet.
>>
>>1284489
I remember the greentext and the line if I ever get robbed in russia
>>
>>1287082
Yes, from this thread I've learned to act like a complete idiot who doesn't know the language, and if that doesn't work, say that Vladmir already checked me.
>>
>>1287088
It's still much better than the alternative
>>
I got stopped for stepping over a small fence in Belgrade as a shortcut to the bus station. I think the guy figured I wasn't worth the trouble for a ticket after 10 minutes of him staring at my ID confused. Guess I'm lucky he didn't ask for a bribe. Also had a dude poor through my bag looking for drugs when I got off the bus to piss at a Bosnian border crossing
>>
File: msp charger.jpg (566KB, 1024x624px) Image search: [Google]
msp charger.jpg
566KB, 1024x624px
>>1287095
>>1287088

I wonder if this reaction will work on American police too?

Captcha: MERICA
>>
>>1284000
No, the opposite. When I had my passport stolen, the National Police in Bogota were extraordinarily helpful.
>>
Mozambique, twice. We're humpback whale watching and recording the data, but the police are looking for easy bribes, like if they find you with weed, or if your passport has an 'error' on it.
Made us empty everything into the sand and made me open up all of camera equipment on the beach, which was real shitty of them.
They thought that a snickers wrapper with some chocolate in it was drugs, they then began eating my other friends chocolate because they felt like it. All this time petting their hand guns...
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.