[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Barcelona and Catalunya

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: bandera1.png (7KB, 675x450px) Image search: [Google]
bandera1.png
7KB, 675x450px
Hey guys. I'm travelling to Catalunya in a few weeks, basically doing Barcelona 4 nights, Sitges 2 nights, Tarragona 2 nights. I've already been to Barcelona so I've seen the major sights, but now I'm going with my girlfriend, so I'm looking for advice on how to have fun with a girl there. Any advice is welcome.

We'll be doing some museums, some food & wine tasting (not a proper food tour, just go out and eat lol), we'll be doing a daytrip or two to Figueres and Girona maybe, see some Gaudi stuff, etc. Anything you can suggest falling under these categories would be welcome.

We're also gonna do some beaches (looking for nudist ones to try out too!), some nightlife (preferably cool bars and pubs, not huge discos), maybe even hit up a swinger's club just for fun. Any suggestions in these areas?

Just for reference, we are in our late 20's, this is not babby's first trip abroad, though it is our first trip as a couple, so we both want to make it special. We have a decent budget, meaning we won't be hitting 5-star restaurants every night, but we could afford some mid- to high-class dining once or twice. We can both get by decently well in spanish as well. Thanks guys!
>>
>>1283236
>my girlfriend
Normalfag scum gtfo reeeeeeeee etc
>Sitges 2 nights
Lol enjoy getting slapped on the ass on every corner by some faggot
>Tarragona 2 nights
Never been there, but I heard the Roman buildings were top choice

Okay, so further advice, hmmm, let´s see what else OP is asking
>not a proper food tour, just go out and eat lol
>We're also gonna do some beaches (looking for nudist ones to try out too!), some nightlife (preferably cool bars and pubs, not huge discos), maybe even hit up a swinger's club just for fun
>Just for reference, we are in our late 20's, this is not babby's first trip abroad, though it is our first trip as a couple, so we both want to make it special. We have a decent budget, meaning we won't be hitting 5-star restaurants every night, but we could afford some mid- to high-class dining once or twice. We can both get by decently well in spanish as well.
>Spanish
>SPANISH

Ah I see, truly a work of art, this baitpost. Never seen one so subtle, yet so infuriating before. Here´s a well deserved (You), you fucking faggot.
>>
>>1283433
wtf is your problem? Let me guess, are you a retarded, separatist catalan? Yeah, I know spanish is not the official language of catalunya, you mong, but everyone speaks it there, except for stuck-up snobs playing Che Guevara revolutionaries.
>>
>>1283573
I dont even think the most retarded catalan would expect a foreigner to communicate with them in catalan instead of spanish
>>
>>1283573
I don't think he's even Catalan, he must be just a troll. Spanish is also an official language here, and don't worry, no one is going to give you bad looks for speaking it. I'm from Barcelona and couldn't care less about the independence thing, I've been lucky enough to live abroad and travel quite a bit and if you ask me, patriotism (in general) is a really stupid feeling.

Now let's get to the point.

It's going to be difficult to recommend not touristy things since Barcelona (well, and Catalonia) is absolutely full of tourist this time of the year. If you've already been here I guess you've already visited the Gaudi stuff: Sagrada Familia, Park Güell, Casa Batlló etc. Anyway if it's your girlfriend's first time I think it would be worth it to check these places out again with her.

In terms of beaches, avoid Barcelona's beaches (Barceloneta is probably the most famous one) like the fucking plague. Right now there are full of tourists, plenty of them drunk and loud. There will be just a few locals in case there are any, we never go to the beach there.

Just rent a car and drive to the Costa Brava. Cadaqués is awesome and on the way you will find really nice, clean beaches. The only town you must avoid is Lloret de Mar, unless you want to be surrounded by drunk teenage British. You could go to Tossa de Mar, Begur, Palafurgell and so on, I personally love that area of Catalonia. Do some research and see where looks more interesting to you.

Since you're talking about museums and you mentioned Figueres, Dali's museum is great. Girona is a nice small city too, you could do both in the same day.

Sitges is beautiful. Yes, it's one of the gay capitals in Spain, but who cares, it's not like they're going to rape you or anything. Maybe 2 nights it's a bit too much since you can see the town easily in one day, but you can use the other day to relax at the beach or something.
>>
>>1283631
(First time I see the "comment too long" thing, didn't know you couldn't type more than 2000 characters in one message)

In Tarragona you will find nice Roman constructions, including a small and "cute" Colosseum.

For nightlife I have to admit that Barcelona is great, even though I have a love-hate relationship with the city. Probably the coolest bars and pubs are in the city center, all the area surrounding Carrer Aribau, for instance. Just don't go to the port/beach area for the same reason as during the day: drunk tourists and no locals. I know you said no huge discos, but I love Razzmatazz on a Saturday night every once in a while (I'm also on my late 20's).

You can find swinger's clubs easily as well but if never been to one of them, Google will surely help you.

Hope all this shit was helpful!
>>
File: 1488365704102.jpg (237KB, 785x757px) Image search: [Google]
1488365704102.jpg
237KB, 785x757px
>>1283631
well I'm Catalan, well traveled and actually living abroad and I'm pro-independence. It's really another coordinate of your way of thinking like being pro or against abortion. That means you might find the odd asshole expecting communication to be held in Catalan. But there are idiots everywhere.

I recommend the Empordanet area because it's full of small little towns, very picturesque. Some of them are quite touristic and others more obscure. For example Pals, Palau-Sator, Peratallada, Monells are really beautiful and decent beaches are never far away...

Girona itself is worth one day in my opinion and not far away there is also Besalú, Santa Pau and the Olot volcanic area (Check Fageda d'en Jordà and Santa Margarida volcano)

If you are gonna be in Tarragona I also recommend a quick visit to Siurana to check the views from the town and maybe do a little hike around if the time allows. The old city of Tarragona is also beautiful combining middle ages architecture with roman stuff.

If you are into mountains there is plenty to do in the Pyrenees and the surrounding mountain ranges. Some spots might be more difficult to reach (like Aigüestortes i Estany de Sant Maurici park) but others are fairly easy provided you have your own transportation (Pedraforca, Serra del Cadí, etc.)
>>
>>1283236
Try the dark fried rice it is a Barcelona specialty!
>>
>>1283573
>>1283631
No, I have no problem with speaking spanisch in Barcelona, you cunts.

I have a problem with OP being a fucking normalfag piece of shit. "Teehee we might go to the swinger club so naughty teehee", what a fucking degenerate cunt. I have nothing but hate for you, you goddamn motherfucker.
>>
See a game or at least a tour of camp nou before renovations start. Lots of history, strong Catalan nationalism, and definedly worth it
>>
>>1283631
>The only town you must avoid is Lloret de Mar, unless you want to be surrounded by drunk teenage British.

>not dutch
feels bad as a dutchman, at least blanes is fully ours
>>
>>1283631
Are there beaches you can reach without a car that are still no too crowded?

i will be visiting barcelona in a week with two friends but none of us could be bothered to have a driving license since we don't need it where we live.
>>
Can somebody recommend something like an aqua park with giant slides and stuff for people who don't like sea water but want to cool down a bit?
>>
>>1285308
Water world lloret
>>
Where can I get good seafood in barcelona that isn't a complete rip off? I see el quim de la boqueria suggested but it looks overpriced.
>>
>>1283631
Do you reckon Blanes is worth visiting?
>>
>>1285247
If you don't want to waste much time on a train, try Castelldefels, south of Barcelona. It's like 30 minutes away, the beach is kind of nice (I mean it's not like the ones you find at the north of Barcelona on your way to France, but still much better than Barcelona's beaches themselves), and it won't be as overcrowded. But consider it's fucking hot this time of the year and there will be lots of people at any beach.

>>1285423
Not an easy question, but try La Barca de Salamanca. It's not that expensive and the food is pretty good.

>>1285427
Meh. There are nicer villages not far away from there. I mean it's not bad, but I wouldn't recommend to go there specifically.

The good thing is you can get there by train from Barcelona. And the beach is quite nice.
>>
>>1285459
Thanks for the recommendation, I'll check it out. Is there anywhere else you like to eat? My main interest on holiday is always food heh
>>
>>1285459
you seem to know the area. Cool daytrips to do from Barcelona? Girona, Cadaques, any of those places?
>>
>>1285471
The thing is, since I'm from here when I go out I don't usually eat Spanish or Catalan food, and there are thousands of restaurants in the city so it's not easy for me to say.

Anyway I could recommend a few places not far from where I live. In Poblenou area there's a local food restaurant called Xorus which is really nice. Close by there's an awesome Japanese restaurant, Isami.

And in the city center there's one place where they do amazing burgers, it's called Bacoa Universitat. I've only tried a better burger in my life and it was in a place in Brooklyn, so you get the idea.

As a general advice, if you don't want to be totally ripped off avoid eating at La Rambla (number 1 tourist trap in Barcelona) and also in the port or Barceloneta area, although there are some exceptions there (but remember, NOT in La Rambla by any means!).

For instance, if you are in the city centre and don't want to go far from there try Rambla Catalunya, a parallel street to Passeig de Gràcia. It's kind of a "boulevard" full of restaurants and you could find some decent place over there.

But I'm sorry to tell you mate, Barcelona in general is fucking expensive.

>>1285673
The ones which are already been named here. Cadaqués for me is a must. You also have Besalú, Begur, Pals or Girona itself. It's easy to get from Barcelona to Girona by train, however I think is a bit tricky to get to all these other villages unless you rent a car, you should get a bus from Girona or something like that.

Tarragona is also easy to get to and worth a day visit. Another nice place is Montserrat.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.