[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fit/ while travelling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Walking-Bodybuilders.jpg (150KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
Walking-Bodybuilders.jpg
150KB, 620x349px
About to start a 6 month journey around Europe.

I've finally reached my desired weight, and started to leave DYEL mode, but I am concerned about shrinking dramatically without easy access to large quantities of food and no gym access, whilst backpacking.

The question is simple - how do you keep /fit/ whilst backpacking? We're talking size here, not cardio, that will be easy.

[Recreated thread to include subject]
>>
I do pushups with a full backpack, plus in my hostel room every night I do crunchies, situps, all that high school gym class jazz.
>>
You'll lose weight anon, no matter what.
Unless if you are the kinda person who stays +7days at a time in a city and have gym access in each city, you just have to accept that you will lose muscle mass. There is no way around it if you're backpacking and moving from city to city.

Food access is everywhere, and I find that I can get protein bars in a lot of places. And tuna cans are literally everywhere and cheap. You can do crunches and sit ups in your hostel dorm but your goal should be weight maintenance and hope that you will maintain.
>>
>>1282981

That picture is from Phuket (Patong most likely), and those are Australians pictured, appear to be of Lebanese extraction, based on the rat tail hair style and predilection for board shorts & no shirt...in other words, scumbags or low class people from Sydney. Don't be like them.
>>
>>1283027
Great post anon, thanks
>>
>>1283019
>tuna cans are literally everywhere and cheap
I dont own a cat though.
>>
protein supplements and body weight workouts
>>
Bodyweight exercises are good... there is always a bar somewhere to use for pull-ups

Also, I don't know how it is in other countries, but in Germany, all gyms offer a one-day free trial. Just walk in and tell the staff on the desk that you're moving to that city for a while and that you're looking for a new gym, 'so can I try it out for free?' I've done this lots of times while traveling in Germany and it pretty much always works. I imagine other Western European countries will be the same.

What you'll also find is that, in poorer countries (outside of the capital cities), you'll be able to find gyms in smaller towns/cities which cost only 1 or 2 dollars per session.

Good luck! It's challenging to keep up fitness when you travel, but it's absolutely doable.
>>
>>1282981
Listen /fit/ newfriend

I've been on the /fit/ grind for 5 years and what i've noticed is that you won't lose as much muscle as you think.
/fit/ widely overestimates how much muscle you lose

My advice is not to worry about it, maybe do a bodyweight routine (push-ups, chin-ups and leg raises) sometimes

The muscle you may lose can be easily gained back for a shorter amount of time than it took you to gain it originally
>>
>>1282981
Get yourself some resistance bands, scooby and I swear by them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RWU6zoVIOg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC_Cm14Sids
>>
>>1283073
I lost ten pounds in Peru in one week.

Granted, I had to fast a bit for an ayahuasca retreat.

The gain goblins are real, though, at least in my experience.
>>
>>1282981
Just crush bitches Chad style
>>
>>1283261
hard while my just reached chad body will shrink constantly.
>>
>>1283253
Probably mostly fat.
>>
>>1283570
*water weight
>>
>>1283047
>XDDD
If you're trying to shove protein in your face, it's an okay option. And if you've never made a good tuna sandwich or tuna salad, I'm sorry for the direction your life has taken.
>>
>>1282981

those two dudes feed each other plenty of protein if you get my drift
>>
>>1283790
Shut up fatty
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.