[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where should I live?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: It_Stinks.jpg (33KB, 240x174px) Image search: [Google]
It_Stinks.jpg
33KB, 240x174px
Apologies if this is against board culture or rules, I don't post here very often. No hard feelings if the thread gets deleted.

I'm wondering where I should live. Nearing the end of my debt finally and considering moving out of the house for the first time in my life. Some things to consider:
>I don't have any real skills, all I have is experience as a Hotel Night Auditor, so I'd probably end up doing that and not making much more than minimum wage
>no need for any utilities other than the necessities + internet (which is as cheap and fast as possible, do not want Comcast)
>don't go out pretty much ever; nightlife is a non-factor
>likewise I barely spend time with friends or family anymore, no need to be close by
>cook most of my own food so a good grocery store is essential and good restaurants are not
>love me a cold, snowy winter
>low taxes and other cost of living factors are obviously a major plus

Currently I live in Rochester NY, looking into Maine or Oregon right now, but I'd love some suggestions for the more experienced.
>>
>>1282882
If you want cold, tough. Move to Russia.

If your from the land of burgers, move to Mexico or anywhere in South America.

I say Mexico because I'm familiar with it. It's a great place to live with a very low cost of living and comparatively high infrastructure (internet etc). You can probably find yourself a one bedroom for $300 usd. Food is amazing, and if you want to buy shit there are literally tons of open air markets where you can buy ingredients for pennies.
Taxes? What's that? If you don't what nightlife but still want to fuck, there is beyond easy access to cheap prostitutes (~$60/hr)
Medical care is given to all legal residents. Its pretty ez to live in Mexico.
>>
I'm at a similar point - only many years later in life.

Can't stand this cess pit of NYC that I've been in the last 20 years. The US is just on a road to nowhere.

Been thinking about Mexico or Spain.

Would love to live in Japan - but don't know how I'd get any work :)
>>
Page 10 bump
>>
SO what do you do for enjoyment?
>>
>>1282882
>I don't have any real skills
>don't go out pretty much ever; nightlife is a non-factor
>cook most of my own food so a good grocery store is essential and good restaurants are not
>love me a cold, snowy winter
If you're able bodied, there are Alaskan sea food companies that will hire you, pay for your transportation, and put you up. They recruit people from across the country and are always desperate for labor.
>>
>>1284349
Video games, occasionally anime or TV. That's literally it.
>>
>>1282882
>debt
>no skills
Hmm

I'd add Upper Peninsula Michigan to your list. Gorgeous scenery, comfy cold winters, tons of snow, cheap cost of living, pretty isolated. Tourism is one of their only industries so there should be somewhere for you to work, although their economy is slow. Marquette would have a good grocery store so you should focus near that area.

If you literally don't do anything for fun i dont see the point in spending the money to live in oregon or maine.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.